Do you consider the Supra a "young persons" car?

87gpe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Bronco, Tahoe
I’ve owned a c8 before the Supra. Every corvette meet was horrible, I was always the only person without grey hair every time. None of these old folks would even imagine street racing or brining it to the track. People my age did react pretty good about it but I want more of a community of other owners.

Mustangs are cool tho, just want something lighter and more rare. Not like the vette at all. Price didn’t really matter to me. This isn’t an « entry level » sports car. That’s the Miata, BRZ, 86, 370, 30-45k type car.

I will be a super car owner eventually but I probably won’t have as much fun with a aventador/488 that I would with our Supra’s. We mod the balls out of these things without fear of much. If I blew my turbo… ??‍♂. oh well, buy a pure 800! Park it anywhere without worry, unlike a super car. It’s nice. I’m really happy with what we got
this is the corvette problem. I had a C7 Z06, probably my favorite car I’ve had, but every other Corvette owner was like 100 years old. They have clubs run by members with boards and elections like it’s a retirement community.

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
As someone who's 36--I still maintain that original playstation was the best playstation, and JetMoto was the best game ever on that platform.
Hey, I loved JM2! I turn on the OG Playsation every now and then, but the graphics remind me I'm not about it anymore. Like when I turn on Tekken 2 hahaha.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hey, I loved JM2! I turn on the OG Playsation every now and then, but the graphics remind me I'm not about it anymore. Like when I turn on Tekken 2 hahaha.
Say what ever, but I feel like "good" graphics significantly take away from the -actual game play-. But I also really like DnD and M:TG.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Most of the people in my local chat are mid 20's to early 30's, some are older, a few younger, youngest was a kid that gone one when he was 15, almost 16. Modded it up and it was already stage 2 on e for the day he got license. I have had my supra for almost a year and I am currently 19, turning 20 in a few months. I can afford it, is it the smartest thing to buy rn? no definitely not, but i had some cash left from my previous car sale, used it as a large dp (35k), and a good but young credit score so I financed with penfed and got a great rate for my age. I don't think it is an older persons car, but what do I know, before the supra I had a Jaguar f-type, and that was def not a "young" person car, I was the youngest owner in the U.S as far as I could tell.

846A4120.jpg
Buddy of mine with his second launch edition, and he is mid 20's

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
this is the corvette problem. I had a C7 Z06, probably my favorite car I’ve had, but every other Corvette owner was like 100 years old. They have clubs run by members with boards and elections like it’s a retirement community.
Lol i have a C7GS along with the Supra, you're NOT lying. :rofl: When i'm with my Supra friends, the age goes from 22-50 max.. then when i'm with the corvette guys...? LMAOOOOOO i'm the only one who doesn't get the senior citizen discounts for coffee or meals. ??

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What age do you think millenials are? Millenials are literally the target market for this car.

The millenial age range in 2021 is 25 – 40. Looking at the other thread with the age poll, this seems to line up perfectly.
I don't think you've read my post correctly..
25-40 is a 15 year difference. Tried to give a generational reference..
I'll revise. For anyone who is older than ~30, with the type of cars we grew up with, a refined and tech-filled Supra for us, imho, would not have been considered as a young buyers car when we were growing up.
I've already made the case for younger people and for cars made in this decade, in my OP.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I think younger people can afford this car because they still live with their parents. I mean thats how it was for me. Once I bought my first house, I had to get rid of my new car to afford the payment. I got my first house at 22 and couldnt afford a brand new car again until I was 28 and even at that, it was a basic sub 30k commuter with something like a $225 payment. What was worse than the house payment was the babies mama. I got rid of her and now I have 6 cars haha.

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
I'm 29, my '22 Supra is currently on the slow boat from Austria but my car progression starting at 16 was my grandma's 2003 Camry LE (family friend is still driving that thing, 350k and counting), FRS, E46 325xi wagon, and then an E92 M3 which I bought at 25. I'm in the Bay where there's a lot of young money so the car meets reflect that accordingly - lots of finance/tech/law(that's me) people in M and P cars.

Most Supras I've seen are driven by the sub 50 crowd here. But my friend has an older Ferrari and 95% of the people who ask him about it slash take pictures of it are boys under 20.

Car companies have spent the last half century at least advertising fast cars to young men so when they came into enough money they'd buy one. There's a reason when a Lamborghini pulls up, the majority of people who come check it out are men in their 20s.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I'm on the younger side at 26; software money basically paid for the car at this age, and I don't have familial commitments yet, so I figured now would be a good time to get a sports car before life catches up.

The majority of owners in the Seattle area are between 30-50, give or take. Older folks here tend to gravitate to older European cars, generally from the 70s and 80s.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I am 50 and I really don't try to put an age on cars. I have owned sports cars since I was 16 and to me it's more about how the car speaks to you. The Supra just checks all the boxes for me. It can feel refined and comfortable when it wants. And it can feel like a true sports car and be exhilarating too when it wants.

I do think as I have gotten older I appreciate comfort features and refinement more. If I was 10-15 years younger I would probably daily drive a Lotus Elise :)

jbretthorton

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Premium
I just sold my 16 Z06 for my Supra (Made a shit load of money on the Vette) and come to FL if you think your corvette owners are old!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I’ve owned a c8 before the Supra. Every corvette meet was horrible, I was always the only person without grey hair every time. None of these old folks would even imagine street racing or brining it to the track. People my age did react pretty good about it but I want more of a community of other owners.

Mustangs are cool tho, just want something lighter and more rare. Not like the vette at all. Price didn’t really matter to me. This isn’t an « entry level » sports car. That’s the Miata, BRZ, 86, 370, 30-45k type car.

I will be a super car owner eventually but I probably won’t have as much fun with a aventador/488 that I would with our Supra’s. We mod the balls out of these things without fear of much. If I blew my turbo… ??‍♂. oh well, buy a pure 800! Park it anywhere without worry, unlike a super car. It’s nice. I’m really happy with what we got
Yeah I went to two Corvette meets with my C7 and it was a terrible experience. Most of the guys hated the C7 (seriously I heard more negative comments about the tail lights than you can imagine). None of them were interested in track events, mods, etc. It was a "get off my lawn" mentality. I vowed to never be that way.. When someone young or old asks me about the Supra I go out of my way to be nice to them.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Yeah I went to two Corvette meets with my C7 and it was a terrible experience. Most of the guys hated the C7 (seriously I heard more negative comments about the tail lights than you can imagine). None of them were interested in track events, mods, etc. It was a "get off my lawn" mentality. I vowed to never be that way.. When someone young or old asks me about the Supra I go out of my way to be nice to them.
78 and loving it! Keeps me young and busy moddfing and driving this thing is GREAT.
Sponsored