Do you consider the Supra a "young persons" car?

TheBayA90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal A90, 2021 Lexus RX350 F sport
Well, I also think a lot of these cats are making $1200-$1400 monthly payments on their Supra as well. They are throwing all their money they make into it. I know a few out there. They always saying they broke as hell.
Yikes it hurts reading this. I’m sure that number doesn’t include insurance and gas :oops:

How tf does he pay that much for insurance? Does he have a 5 million dollar umbrella policy?? ? ?

My 20 year old insurance covering performance mods is still not even close to that
?? I imagine this guy is a moving violations connoisseur!
Sponsored

fatal-element

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nitro Yellow 3.0 Prem, RIP to my E92 M3
Younger local car guy, drives a newish VW GTI, told me recently that he pays $1100 a month for insurance on top of a $400 car payment. I can't even fathom paying $1500 a month to drive a GTI.
Does this dude just crash his car into a divider on the way to turning in his lease every 2 years and just get a new car?

"Drive all the way back to the dealership? What a waste of time." *skrrrrrrrt* *bang*

Dude must have a car body count higher than the Fast and Furious movies.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I think the Supra can be a young person's car because it only has 2 pedals.. but the paddles confuses them.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I think the Supra can be a young person's car because it only has 2 pedals.. but the paddles confuses them.
By this logic, a BRZ is an old person's car because it has 3 pedals. Among enthusiasts, there's no correlation between age and pedal count.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
I'm 52 and have a 2.0. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. I think if you are able to buy this car, insure it, register it, maintain it properly and get in and out of it, you are the perfect age for it. What is true is that if you own one (like any other sports/muscle/performance/modded car) you are a "car guy" no matter what your age. Anyone who judges others for driving this car has either given up on life, is jealous, or is miserable. We don't have time for them, as there is too much driving to do!

Last edited:

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Not to be a dick but if 16 year old can influence your opinion, you may not be that old after all, lol. It's a car car where a person who wants it buys it car.

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, most of the Japanese sports give off that vibe about the owners being "young and dangerous", but I personally don't care unless the cops start pulling me over because of that stereo type. ?

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Younger local car guy, drives a newish VW GTI, told me recently that he pays $1100 a month for insurance on top of a $400 car payment. I can't even fathom paying $1500 a month to drive a GTI.
He probably meant $1100 every 6 months (which is still very expensive). At a certain point, the insurer just won't write the policy.

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I remember when the MKIV Supra, FD3S RX-7, 300ZX-TT and 3000GT VR-4 were all still on new and on sale near the end of their U.S. production runs. Well... the RX-7 and 300ZX went a couple of years earlier than the rest.

At that time NONE of those cars were what I actually considered "young person's" cars in the sense that *most* young people couldn't have afforded them at that time. I mean, sure, we all drooled over them and they were purist performance cars but their prices were far out of reach for most young people. At the time the Supra MKIV Turbo was equivalent to an $80k USD car today.

Fast forward to today and the MKV Supra is a $50k-$60k USD car (before markups). That's a good deal more attainable than it was before and the cachet and hype it has still has are still in full force but it's still something the majority of young buyers cannot afford.

However I feel that the MKIV and MKV have always *appealed* to very young buyers as well as older buyers who like the kind of driver-oriented and powerful vehicle that it is.

A car like this is going to appeal to young and older people. It is timeless in that sense and makes people who like it very passionate while also actually delivering the performance and sportscar goods. That emotional impact is really what is most important.

It begs the question of what a "young persons car" really means as applies to the Supra.

If it is your style of car then it doesn't matter what your age is. Then you just have to find a way to get yourself one ; )

Last edited:

zagain

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 F250
I'm 67 and love my 470HP 2020 Supra, It keeps me young!; but I also ride motorcycle enduros and hare scrambles; so I'm technically physically and mentally "young". I traded an '08 Corvette for my Supra; the Supra is so much more fun than the Vette, I intend to keep it for a long time.
---Stay young, think young, act young ---

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
I remember when the MKIV Supra, FD3S RX-7, 300ZX-TT and 3000GT VR-4 were all still on new and on sale near the end of their U.S. production runs. Well... the RX-7 and 300ZX went a couple of years earlier than the rest.

At that time NONE of those cars were what I actually considered "young person's" cars in the sense that *most* young people couldn't have afforded them at that time. I mean, sure, we all drooled over them and they were purist performance cars but their prices were far out of reach for most young people. At the time the Supra MKIV Turbo was equivalent to an $80k USD car today.

Fast forward to today and the MKV Supra is a $50k-$60k USD car (before markups). That's a good deal more attainable than it was before and the cachet and hype it has still has are still in full force but it's still something the majority of young buyers cannot afford.

However I feel that the MKIV and MKV have always *appealed* to very young buyers as well as older buyers who like the kind of driver-oriented and powerful vehicle that it is.

A car like this is going to appeal to people young and older people. It is timeless in that sense and makes people who like it very passionate while also actually delivering the performance and sportscar goods. That emotional impact is really what is most important.

It begs the question of what a "young persons car" really means as applies to the Supra.

If it is your style of car then it doesn't matter what your age is. Then you just have to find a way to get yourself one ; )
The car culture and mainstream media also played a significant role in making them a "young person's car". After the cars were sold off by the old owners, the younger guys got a fighting chance to afford these cars little by little. Who knows? We might end up watching a movie with old MKVs driven and raced ala Fast and the Furious in the future

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
The car culture and mainstream media also played a significant role in making them a "young person's car". After the cars were sold off by the old owners, the younger guys got a fighting chance to afford these cars little by little. Who knows? We might end up watching a movie with old MKVs driven and raced ala Fast and the Furious in the future
Before the first F&F film came out all of those cars were well covered in various tuner magazines. Those in the know were already interested. The only difference between then and today pre-F&F was that you could semi-reasonably attain one of them used as you point out.

The MKV is going to have its own following as well. The genie is already out of the bottle so to speak but given how it is set up from the factory and how much performance and track prowess it delivers stock let alone modified that's a given.

Blaque Diamond Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV
Before the first F&F film came out all of those cars were well covered in various tuner magazines. Those in the know were already interested. The only difference between then and today pre-F&F was that you could semi-reasonably attain one of them used as you point out.

The MKV is going to have its own following as well. The genie is already out of the bottle so to speak but given how it is set up from the factory and how much performance and track prowess it delivers stock let alone modified that's a given.
Potent cars definitely. Mods are only limited by physics and your imagination.
Sponsored