Dumb question oil reset

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Has anyone experienced the “oil reset impossible” while also receiving the “oil service due” alert?
i changed the oil back in august but could not reset because the service was due in september. I didnt drive in september and just started the car now. The service overdue pops up but reset is impossible.

yes even after letting the car warm up, running the oil check and being all in the green.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I do remember seeing a guide on the forum. Some tips tricks... I think may have been in the oil change thread. But in short, others have experienced this, you're not alone. don't be scared.

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I dont mean the standard oil reset nonsense- I have changed the oil 4x and reset 4x no problems. Normally you have to wait for the month in which the service is due. This is the first time the service was "overdue" while at the same time resetting impossible. I drove the car around a bit, checked the oil level, even messed with the date and nothing worked. Then I just said fuck this bmw shit once and for all, bought bimmerlink and force reset it. Done is done, enough is enough. Its 2022 and No! means Yes again! :) fuck bmw and the overcomplicated BS they rode in on.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
I dont mean the standard oil reset nonsense- I have changed the oil 4x and reset 4x no problems. Normally you have to wait for the month in which the service is due. This is the first time the service was "overdue" while at the same time resetting impossible. I drove the car around a bit, checked the oil level, even messed with the date and nothing worked. Then I just said fuck this bmw shit once and for all, bought bimmerlink and force reset it. Done is done, enough is enough. Its 2022 and No! means Yes again! :) fuck bmw and the overcomplicated BS they rode in on.
Solution at 5:50:

I have used BimmerLink successfully in the past.

https://bimmerlink.app/

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
those 2 systems, oil reset & service due, are not working together, unfortunately.. I had this in my other real BMW recently so I hope it might work on supra as well. I'm assuming that you already reset oil when you replaced it so that is good. let me know if this is not correct assumption. all you want is service message to go away.

what I did was, I went to status and displayed the message, selected the message and pushed iDrive wheel. Then date appeared so I can set the date to next time I want reminder. for that car, I set it to 2027 so it's going to be a while for me to see the message. :D hope it works for you as well.

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Bimmerlink solved the issue no problem. Not sure if $35 app or $6.23 gal gas hurts more.
Sponsored