Extreme Burble effect on engine

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
The way most burbles work is that it kinda allows fuel to be unburnt which passes through the exhaust where it then gets burnt.

Having fuel pass through the cat is what causes the damage to it as it then ignites inside the cat. That's why going catless is technically safer. So it gets burnt after the fact.

At least that's my understanding, could it cause potential internal engine issues "maybe" depends on how it's done. With that being said the last car i had it on (2015 fiesta st) I've had extra crackle and pop since the car had 200 miles, the car has 130k now and never cause an issue. Was the most reliable car i ever had until the tb just went out.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
cool! but is there anything it could damage beside the cats?

and thanks for sharing infos :)
Nothing else can be damaged by burble

Reactions: Ray

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I wouldn't suggest doing max burble on a car with stock cats still. If you have hatless DPs you'll be 100% fine it doesn't harm your car.
What about secondary cats with a high burble but a catless dp?

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I must be getting old, for I'm really not into the rice krispies effect. This kid at COSTCO kept revving his obviously tuned Supra, to get my attention, while we waited in line for gas. I couldn't help but laugh, but to each his own.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I must be getting old, for I'm really not into the rice krispies effect. This kid at COSTCO kept revving his obviously tuned Supra, to get my attention, while we waited in line for gas. I couldn't help but laugh, but to each his own.
I mean the supra burbles stock, so with a catless dp or even exhaust you get very loud pops and bangs

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I put my car on max loudness before.... thought i was in afghanistan.... immediately turned it back to soft no hesitation... still thought i was in afghanistan... now i just drive with the car in normal mode everywhere. ??‍♂

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
I love my 1-3 loud ass gunshots in sport, and drive the car in normal 60% of the time.

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I mean the supra burbles stock, so with a catless dp or even exhaust you get very loud pops and bangs
The kid at COSTCO that I mentioned previously must have had a catless downpipe and a tune that was designed for extra popping...it was ridiculously loud and obnoxious. It would pop and crackle even when he crept up in line. I don't mind the stock noise, but I do prefer my rice krispies in a bowl.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
The kid at COSTCO that I mentioned previously must have had a catless downpipe and a tune that was designed for extra popping...it was ridiculously loud and obnoxious. It would pop and crackle even when he crept up in line. I don't mind the stock noise, but I do prefer my rice krispies in a bowl.
What state was this in?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
What about secondary cats with a high burble but a catless dp?
The secondary cat is built in to the end of the primary cat after the secondary sensor.