Hank Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS-F Ultrasonic Blue (2010)
Come on Toyota show us the first test mule please... it's been a few months since this teaser already :slap:
We might not see possible mules until the winter is over and testing ramps up again at the Nurburgring.
Sponsored

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
Do we know where Toyota usually tests its cars? Someone brought up the Ring in Germany but don't they also test at home at Fuji?

Haven't paid attention to where most Toyota test mules get spotted, or even if they get spotted often at all. :what:

From a Dig

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
Prototypes could already have been out there, disguised as another car. Like they did with the STI for the BRZ.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/toyota-news-2012-2013-toyota-subaru-sports-coupe-spy-photos
But there would have been hints on a disguised car that it wasn't just a regular car like how that STI was totally hacked up. And even if there wasn't then it would be weird to see an old or current model running on a track during manufacturer testing days and/or it would be spotted with a car that Toyota is benchmarking the FT-1 against.

MATT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 ACCORD
Companies use the winter to cold climate test their cars.
Isn't that usually after the car has been dialed in a bit when they start doing hot/cold weather testing? :dunno: im just guessing here.. more questions than answers right now unfortunately.

I hope one gets spotted soon. I think this project is still not real for most people. I mean a design study is cool but it's not even using a real life platform.

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Here is the plate for reference. Glad to see Toyota still using the MKIV. She's a workhorse.

lexus-rc-f-gt-spy-photo.jpg

twntrbo03'

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 Supra Turbo Quicksilver ---1993 Supra Turbo Anthracite --- 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4
Why is Toyota still running the A80? :hmm:

Because they want their new engineers to feel how much better a 25 yr old car feels to their new modern BMW Supra! :stirthepot:

In all honesty it's probably to see how it matches up. I mean, it was spied running with the new NSX, the GT86, etc... They're probably all scratching their heads and wondering how a 25yr old POS is still whooping up on modern cars