From legend to hot garbage. The new C63s

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sure EU restrictions are wild, but you can't have a 4 cylinder hybrid, and still sell V8's on the E and S class, granted they are more expensive.
Total speculation but they maybe trying to balance emissions things. We know Stellantis used to buy carbon credits from Tesla.. So crap I4 hybrid to have nice v8s..?
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Total speculation but they maybe trying to balance emissions things. We know Stellantis used to buy carbon credits from Tesla.. So crap I4 hybrid to have nice v8s..?
Yea, might have something to do with their fleet average CO2 or whatever the EU calls it. Now I don't condone this level of horseshittery, but I haven't been a fan of Mercedes's (did I do that apostrophe correctly?) design choices for some time so the way I see it, have at it Mercedes. Just don't go making this a success like the G80 and we'll be OK.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Average CO2 EU bullshit...it's costing Mercedes to keep the V8

The E and S class buyers are the business and the first class customers so they get to keep the V8

The economy class (C) got thrown under the bus because they don't want to or can't pay up for the V8 so they are getting the hybrid 4 banger plus an extra 800 pounds of fat

Adrenaldestruction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I absolutely LOVE seeing this on the Supra page. We have Supras in the yard but the 12’ C63 might still be our favorite. Not “good” at anything but an absolute blast with everything. Snappy, raw, and sounds amazing. Brutal. Maybe not elegant but… brutal and sort of oddly refined.

The 63 is a wonderful car and while we all know the changes “must” happen, the character is lost.
Sponsored