A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Meh, needs to be AWD!
More than that it needed to be a two-door hatchback. There just isn't much more that you're getting over a Civic Si in this car except the Acura badge and a higher MSRP.
Sponsored

e_iva

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Premium
More than that it needed to be a two-door hatchback.

If Acura does a Type S or Type R version it had better keep up with the Hyundai. But at this point I'd expect them to install the Civic Type R's engine into it... and at that point... why not just buy a Civic Type R?

As it is right now a Civic Si is pretty much the same thing.

As a mild horsepower sporty FWD sedan it's a good value overall. 200hp (turbo), 6MT with an LSD. It's not fast by any means but hopefully it's fun to drive.
Honda is supposedly developing a Type S with a full Type R drivetrain. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Type R experience with a leather interior. Not bad to have options, right?! Especially with the the Civic being impossible to get at sticker for awhile lol

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda is supposedly developing a Type S with a full Type R drivetrain. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Type R experience with a leather interior. Not bad to have options, right?! Especially with the the Civic being impossible to get at sticker for awhile lol
This isn't surprising news. I guess it's nice to have options but when I see the Civic Si and new Integra together I really don't see any appreciable difference.

I don't think either the Civic Type R or Integra Type R will be attainable at sticker price in most cases.

For an Integra Type R model however, I would expect no leather and an overall treatment as close to the spartan and lightweight philosophy embodied in the 1997-2001 Integra Type R right down to factory Recaro seats up front. And the Civic Type R is already somewhat following that approach just a bit.

Both the new Civic and Integra are as big as Accords used to be. Honda like all other automakers makes plenty of money on their plethora of crossovers and SUVs and they're claiming that there isn't even room for ONE niche Acura model that's a coupe or three-door hatchback that is riding on the popular history of it being a three-door hatchback compact?

(I know that the Integra was offered in a four-door until the very last "RSX" model. The image that most people who are even familiar with older Integras associate with it is still the three-door model.)

It's just a big lost opportunity to actually offer something that justifies the price hike with an Acura badge on the front. I can begrudgingly accept that the Civic only gets a sedan body but the Integra too? Come on, Acura...

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Are US spec DC2 Integra Type Rs slower than Japanese spec DC2 ITRs? Because I've seen bone stock Japanese spec DC2 ITRs run high 14 seconds through the quarter mile, which also means the new Integra might not be totally faster than the DC2 ITR.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^ Acura has priced it so expensively I am not surprised. It's basically a more luxurious Civic Type R.

Boataur

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91-MT CUL
If I was in the market for a 4 door, I’d buy one of these without hesitation. I’ve always loved the Type R, but I didn’t want to feel like I’m driving my son’s car around (although the ‘23 Type R is much more adultish).
Sponsored