Front radar sensors not working

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Can someone take a picture of said sensor?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suggs.OR

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That is your problem. Of course they are going to give errors if they are covered up.
I donā€™t understand why the hundreds of other Supras that are wrapped donā€™t have this issue. Iā€™m not the first person to wrap the car and cover sensors.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
i have a very similar probelm for the last 2 weeks
my car is wrapped for 6 monthes and never had a problem
2 weeks ago i went for a little trip in the rain and the car got very dirty and all the sensors stopped working with the warning message
i was sure that after a car wash everything will be ok but after the wash it still not working
i try to disconnect the battery for 1 hour and it didnt help
so f..... annoying :mad:

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
I had similar issue after fully detailing the car two weeks ago. There are total of eight sensors, four front and four rear plus the radar sensor in the front. I simply cleaned out the excessive wax- still errors
Removed sealant film - still errors
With sealant film removed, on top of the eight sensors, used q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol and wiped off the sensors.

All errors gone. It was a quick fix. Remove the ppf/cut out ppf from the sensors and clean with alcohol. I used geometry compass to cut out the perfect circle around the film

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
As many of you know, mine was wrapped it myself soon after i retrieved it from dealer and I have not had any issues. One thing you want to make sure of with these sensors, you cannot have any air bubble or moisture between the sensor and wrap. also, in addition, thickness of the wrap may contribute. I used 3m 2080 series.

following are few things to look out for.

- Absolutely make sure there aren't anything trapped in between wrap and sensors. And the Wrap material is well adhere to sensors.
- Be sure that wrap material is sensor friendly.
- Some installers will remove parts such as bumper cover, trims, and ETC. to have better coverage and if they do, make sure all plugs are put in as well as no wire was damaged. some wires have no slag so if one yanks part like bumper cover where all the sensors are, these wires and plugs could be damaged. - another reason to do it with very very reputable shop who has experience with supra..

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Wow this is good.

ok so my laser jammers got installed the same time I got my car ceramic coated. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the ceramic coating over the parking sensors that messed everything up. How can I take off the layer of coating without messing up the paint?

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
So in general there is a spec that the sensors can be covered by anything, paint, wrap, etc. Generally wraps should not interfere with them as they are RF transparent. If that was the case you couldnt even cover them with the plastic cover and paint they already have. If there is any air between the sensor and the wrap you can have issues. Generally though the sensors are cut out because its far easier. All of the pre cut templates have cut outs for the sensors as well.

A ceramic coating should not cause issues with it either for the exact same reason, its too thin and too close to the sensor. If you really do want try removing the coating you need to buff the coating off with compound. Youll likely need to use a very small amount of compound and your finger, it will take quite a bit of effort to remove depending on the coating.

Id bet something is unplugged. I pulled my front bumper for my splitter install and had everything disconnected with the battery still connected. After re installing I had no errors or warnings. If you have a second set of hands to help you can have the bumper off in 15-20 min.

Durk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra
I have my supra wrapped and they covered the sensors and have no issues with codes or it working when pulling up to something.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Well i have zero idea what happened but with doing absolutely nothing all the warnings have cleared and all of the radar stuff seems to be working.
This is common. It means they disconnected all the sensors with the battery still live. The errors auto-clear after a drive cycle (or five...).

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well i have zero idea what happened but with doing absolutely nothing all the warnings have cleared and all of the radar stuff seems to be working.
Or water evaporated?
Sponsored