Fuel IT Flex Fuel Sensor, Port Injection, Bigger Turbo?

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Was going through the next round of items to order, plugs, cabin filter, catch can and I was considering the Fuel IT Flex fuel kit. However am I paying $500 to just see the E-content? I have the JB4 with Terry’s backend flash, i know I can connect the sensor to the JB4 and see the readout as one of the guages but does it really take advantage of knowing the content and if so is there any real difference? I also understand they don’t actually measure e-content just the absence of gasoline so other factors can throw them off.

Just seems like it would be better to put that toward either port injection and run full e85 and go Pure 850. SInce we are on that topic…

Would you go port injection first or upgraded turbo then port injection, Would love to know your reasoning either way?

I’m already running e40 blend, FBO, car made good power/tq
Sponsored

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
Yes its just a content reader. The JB4 will not change tune with change of content in the tank. Just to help you maintain the proper content for our tune.

If you go PI, you still cannot run E85. Will need to upgrade the lpfp in order to run full E85. I'd recommend something for an actual tune, such as Ecutek, if going the route of PI, lpfp and turbo, not just JB4. With Ecutek and a flex fuel sensor, the E content can be displayed on the Sport Mode Display showing boost and E content instead of the HP and Torque.

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR
You could buy a used Fuel It ethanol analyzer from me and save money. I’ll be taking mine off. Let me know.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Yea pm me when you’re ready

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
If you plan to really mod then car then skip the fuelit and just buy the Visconti flex fuel kit. Have your tuner display the e content on the dash

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Yes its just a content reader. The JB4 will not change tune with change of content in the tank. Just to help you maintain the proper content for our tune.

If you go PI, you still cannot run E85. Will need to upgrade the lpfp in order to run full E85. I'd recommend something for an actual tune, such as Ecutek, if going the route of PI, lpfp and turbo, not just JB4. With Ecutek and a flex fuel sensor, the E content can be displayed on the Sport Mode Display showing boost and E content instead of the HP and Torque.
would you do port injection first or say upgrade to a Pure800/850 (to get to about 600rwhp) the stock turbo is about maxed in my current setup I know those are more efficient and can make more power everywhere

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Was going through the next round of items to order, plugs, cabin filter, catch can and I was considering the Fuel IT Flex fuel kit. However am I paying $500 to just see the E-content? I have the JB4 with Terry’s backend flash, i know I can connect the sensor to the JB4 and see the readout as one of the guages but does it really take advantage of knowing the content and if so is there any real difference? I also understand they don’t actually measure e-content just the absence of gasoline so other factors can throw them off.

Just seems like it would be better to put that toward either port injection and run full e85 and go Pure 850. SInce we are on that topic…

Would you go port injection first or upgraded turbo then port injection, Would love to know your reasoning either way?

I’m already running e40 blend, FBO, car made good power/tq
Sell the JB4, get reflex and port injection qnd proper flash tune so the car will auto adjust properlyfornethanol content.

Im notnsure who told younthis but they lied to you. And that lie is causing you to post misinformation

you absolutely can run e85 with and without port injection. And without an LPFP upgrade. The OEM LPFP flows enough for 750whp on e70 with proper AFR.

Does it hurt to add an LPFP? No. But its not needed until beyond a certain point.

would you do port injection first or say upgrade to a Pure800/850 (to get to about 600rwhp) the stock turbo is about maxed in my current setup I know those are more efficient and can make more power everywhere
You can make more power on 93oct to E20/30 on a pure turbo than a stock turbo on e50.

Port injection will alleviate the need for mixing/cutting ethanol on stock turbo. And make morentorque.

Both the turbo upgrade and port is the best option. But gains are there for both individually. Pure turbo isn't large enough make a sustained 600whp on pump gas. You need octane

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Im notnsure who told younthis but they lied to you. And that lie is causing you to post misinformation

you absolutely can run e85 with and without port injection. And without an LPFP upgrade. The OEM LPFP flows enough for 750whp on e70 with proper AFR.

Does it hurt to add an LPFP? No. But its not needed until beyond a certain point.
It gets repeated ALL the time on the forums. That is where he and others have heard it. Of course nobody that parrots it shares any low pressure fuel pressure data.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Interesting, as this was my thought/belief as well as below:

The car can run e85 (with a tune and ethanol sensor) with the stock turbo. However, the sweet spot for power was e50. Anything above that and you will lose power as the OEM fuel system would not be able to keep up.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I realize I didn’t fully explain on the mods, my bad on that.

JB4 with MHD and Backend Flash from Burger. So the car is tuned.
Catless DP/Full Exhaust (AFE)
Intake/Charge pipes/Turbo Inlet
Current blend is E40

Car made 477rwhp and 565rwtq last week on the dyno. What i wasn’t sure of is using the JB4 with a backend flash if it took that into account but I will probably need to ask Terry at Burger if his BEF does or not.

From that base I was trying to figure out the best route to say 550/600rwhp without going to bonkers. Fueling kinda scares me, there is a lot involved, controllers, more complex tunes But if that is the way then that is way.

OR could I go say Pure 800, E40 and tune it up to say 550/600 or is that not possible without Port Injection for example. I‘m all about realistic expectations I know a pure 800 will make more power everywhere but where does the stock fuel system run out of steam?

attached the last weeks dyno, we did a lot of runs and tuning these two were the final tune. Car makes flat over 400rwhp from 3500 on I’ve seen a few other dyno charts do more of steady climb but under the curve it makes a lot of power for a long time.

IMG_2039.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Car made 477rwhp and 565rwtq last week on the dyno. What i wasn’t sure of is using the JB4 with a backend flash if it took that into account but I will probably need to ask Terry at Burger if his BEF does or not.
What exactly are you wondering about with the BEF file?

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Does it take into account, as other tunes do, the ethanol content and adjust accordingly or is that more of a custom tune in certain tuners (ecutek for example) that can do that.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
It gets repeated ALL the time on the forums. That is where he and others have heard it. Of course nobody that parrots it shares any low pressure fuel pressure data.
i think the "routes to big power" thread is partly to blame, since the example breakpoint for LPFP does not specify whether the assumed fuel is 93, e85, or a blend. as you know, the stoich difference is non-trivial, so if someone interpreted the following quote:

"Low-Pressure Fuel pump: Full E or Port Injection
LPFP: 650whp give or take.
to mean 650 whp on 93, then that would translate to ~475 on e85 assuming the same lambda ratio. I'm not saying that statement is right or wrong, but one possible source of the misinterpretation.

Last edited:

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Does it take into account, as other tunes do, the ethanol content and adjust accordingly or is that more of a custom tune in certain tuners (ecutek for example) that can do that.
It does not have flex capabilities, but I do think the fueling is scaled for a certain ethanol level. I can check the rom later today.

OP
OP
Phantomx

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Thank you sir you’re a gentleman and a scholar
Sponsored