Fun stories/comments/reactions with your A90: Funny things said to you about your Supra

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
allow me................

frfr - for real
ong - on god
no cap - no BS
it's bussin - extremely good; delicious

- millennial/Z borderline
Yoooo you doing too much bruh.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
IDK if this falls here but this is a story I just have to share.

A couple months back I was at a gas station on a early weekend morning.
It was quite till some guy pulls up in a GR86 with an loud ass aftermarket exhaust and parks on the other side of the pump. Dude comes out with *Insert typical 86/FRS owner attire* and swings his key lanyard and points at me saying "Should of got the Toyota with the real Toyota engine bro!"

I was flabbergasted because isnt the GR86/FRS all come with a SUBARU engine?? It was way to early for me and just went back to finish pumping and left. One thing I learned from this lifetime is you don't argue with Idiots.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL

It was quite till some guy pulls up in a GR86 with an loud ass aftermarket exhaust and parks on the other side of the pump. Dude comes out with *Insert typical 86/FRS owner attire* and swings his key lanyard and points at me saying "Should of got the Toyota with the real Toyota engine bro!"

I was flabbergasted because isnt the GR86/FRS all come with a SUBARU engine?? It was way to early for me and just went back to finish pumping and left. One thing I learned from this lifetime is you don't argue with Idiots.
100% SUBARU engine in that thing.

It would been hard for me to not do one of the following:

1. Have him open his hood so I could point to the word SUBARU, proudly molded into the engine cover. Point to it, look him dead in the eye, say nothing and walk away.

2. Gone full petty (based on his tone and appearance) and replied "and you should have worked harder so you could have one of these too."

I don't argue with idiots either. I inform. Whether it sticks or not is up to them.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
100% SUBARU engine in that thing.

It would been hard for me to not do one of the following:

1. Have him open his hood so I could point to the word SUBARU, proudly molded into the engine cover. Point to it, look him dead in the eye, say nothing and walk away.

2. Gone full petty (based on his tone and appearance) and replied "and you should have worked harder so you could have one of these too."

I don't argue with idiots either. I inform. Whether it sticks or not is up to them.
Honestly I was gonna go the petty route, but it was too early for me and didn't want to here anymore recycled BMW jokes.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Nice guy at the petrol station told me the car looks amazing while I was paying, across the checkout from another till, but then... he asked "is it electric"?

:rolleyes:
You should have gave him the GRMN supra thread to confuse him more.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I surprisingly haven't had anyone be really annoying about the BMW thing yet. Most people have no clue that it is, or don't care. A couple people have asked me "why didn't you get a mk4"? I feel like that's too dumb of a question to answer.

Car gets 10x more positive comments than not. Also not just a dude magnet. Had just as much women, if not more, come chat me up about it 🤷‍♂️

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium

Just think, you made his life worse by not saying anything. He went back and bragged to all his broskis about what he said to the Supra owner at the gas station. Only to have now caused an ongoing joke within their group of loserness of how he has no idea what kind of engine his car has. They’re going to bust his balls until the end of time.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I don't remember if it's been mentioned before in this thread:

The "they should have put a 2JZ in it" comments always irks me. No hate on the 2J but - yes, let's put a 30 year old engine in a 2020 (or newer) car, instead of something new.

I mean without modification the 2J put out like 220hp? The 2JZ GTE put out 320hp, I think.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

The "they should have put a 2JZ in it" comments always irks me. No hate on the 2J but - yes, let's put a 30 year old engine in a 2020 (or newer) car, instead of something new.

I mean without modification the 2J put out like 220hp? The 2JZ GTE put out 320hp, I think.
I need a whole section on all the abbreviations y’all know. The BMW race group I’m in, the guys constantly refer to their cars with all the designations and I know mine has a B58 engine. That’s about it 😂

My MX5 was easy. NA, NB, NC, and ND my current edition.
The S2000 had an AP1 or AP2 engine.

The last Supra was made so long ago with so much dead space between revisions, I don’t consider them in the same lineage (blasphemy right!) 🫣 🫢

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD

Precisely what I told the ball of shit in the Ecoboost Mustang when he said “too bad it doesn’t have the good engine in it, should’ve come with a 2JZ”.

What a f*cking nerd.
Sponsored