GR Supra 101: Routes to big power

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Hoping this is the right place to post: when you upgrade turbo I guess you don’t use the “heater core” plug/sensor anymore - does anyone know what the code is that causes the cel? I checked with Bimmerlink with z4 option and the errors that show up say they won’t throw a cel. Was hoping I could get it coded out.
TIA
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Hoping this is the right place to post: when you upgrade turbo I guess you don’t use the “heater core” plug/sensor anymore - does anyone know what the code is that causes the cel? I checked with Bimmerlink with z4 option and the errors that show up say they won’t throw a cel. Was hoping I could get it coded out.
TIA
Any tuner can code it out in their custom tune.

It trips 16050A

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
UYCR is right. A good custom exhaust actually doesn't cost that much more than a good off-the-shelf exhaust system. Oftentimes, the prices are totally comparable.

I slept on this option for a long time thinking it'd be too expensive, but both my turbo cars now have large diameter single exits, and the price was equal to what I could buy in retail.
From personnel experience. Custom exhausts are way cheaper and sometimes even better. I had a custom one made for the supra but dumped it as it sounded garbage and the drone gave me a headache. however the quality was really good the welds were something else.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes I already have an Evolution Racewerks 200 cell downpipe but was wondering about Leviathan’s clam that “virtually all exhaust systems reduce down to 3.15” to connect with the factory Downpipe.” And whether that is solved with my 4.5” downpipe or needs a full exhaust to not limit flow?
You don't need to worry about the 3.15 connect between the exhaust and the dp unless you go for a turbo upgrade, and even then you're still good. I know someone who maxed this out with and Fi exhaust (not sure which dp they were using) to like 800whp give or take.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would love to see a comparison of different exhaust and dyno numbers. Naturally your going to live some number if your wanting to go quieter the a super high flowing loud exhaust. Definitely something to think about when making an exhaust choice. I know I am.
I would love to add that to the thread but I need people to submit builds and dyno numbers. not everyone is comfortable with that. So as I mentioned before I'll probably post people's builds here from build threads with their permission.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Got the numbers. Will post everything in a fresh thread. On vacation so I haven't even reviewed everything yet.

We did NOT max out the fuel system. Now the turbo on the other hand lol.
Sameh pushed that little baby DAW flow max as far as it would go. Could have gone a little further with higher ethanol but my dumb ass left too much 93 in the tank and getting Sameh's time is tough to get. They spent 5 hours doing 3 tunes. Three maps. 93, E52 low boost/timing, and full send.

Full send was 594whp/595tq @ E52

Not bad for the smallest upgrade turbo you can currently buy for the B58 (to my knowledge). Torque was not limited. I have a pure stage 2 tranny.

Will post the dynos, logs, and apparently they're making a video of the spool equipment install and dyno runs... will post that too.

Short story... still have headroom on 100% DI fuel system. Already in discussions with EPC for a top mount full frame. Going to run this for a few months first and hope that bm3 rev2 board comes out.
if you posted the thread please link it to me I'll try and post it here with a new section in the thread called builds.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many turbos. I literally can’t even tell which is the best turbo to buy now with seven different ones on the site except for assuming that more expensive = better and choosing either the free one or the $3350 turbo. Looks like I need to find a book called “turbskis for idiots”
if you really want to go big or go home. go with a top mount turbo you can choose whatever turbo you want.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm warming to the idea of tuning my MT, but was wondering how having a tune affects the use of the Sport button. I know this is rather trivial, but at present the Sport button in my car essentially acts as a quick way to silence the burbles from my exhaust.

If I were to go ahead and get the car tuned I'd want to increase the burbles and pops via tuning - yes I am a child - but would love to keep my one button silencer.

I understand that you can switch maps with either BM3 or MHD and that one map could be tuned with burbles and another without, but from what I understand changing the maps isn't an immediate one button function.

Any insights or ideas around this concept would be much appreciated.
Im on ots bm3 rn the multimap one in comfort there are no burbles, in sport very much so. you can play around with the burble settings if you want same as me. the ots maps give you options to do so.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I again apologize for my absence as I have been busy. Thank you for everyone else that stayed active on the thread updating me and everyone else on information, and answering people's questions @razorlab @_Sp1ral0ut. Thank you to @OldHead-MKV-Owner for sharing his build with us. I will be updating the thread soon enough, and again I humbly apologize for my absence.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
I apologize to everyone I have not been active on the thread for some time as I am mostly focused on university with midterms, and now finals are coming. I will update the thread soon enough.
Good luck with all that, my friend.

Trestoningle

First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW 335i Xdrive
I just want to confirm if this is correct or not; From my understanding, you would still need the motiv reflex controller with ANY car, but the motiv is integrated with a harness to be ran through the dme, no? Maybe the wording is messing with me.
  • Port injection (Pre June 2020): If your ECU is Pre June 2020 Port injection would be easier. As it is right now EcuTek and MHD+ both have reflex integration i.e you would not need an injector controller like MOTIV reflex.

Port injection (Post June 2020): If your ECU is Post June 2020 Port injection is a little more complicated. Unlike MHD+ and EcuTek there is no reflex integration for these ECU's. You would have to resort to getting an injector controller like MOTIV reflex.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just want to confirm if this is correct or not; From my understanding, you would still need the motiv reflex controller with ANY car, but the motiv is integrated with a harness to be ran through the dme, no? Maybe the wording is messing with me.
I should fix that the wording is bad. Basically Port injection pre june of 2020 motvie reflex can be integrated with MHD+ and EcuTek. However for post june 2020 motive reflex as of now is not integrated into any tuning software not mhd or bm3. So motive reflex and pi have to be calibrated on their own as they are not integrated yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: