GR Supra 101: Routes to big power

alfi.mke

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack MT
Figured it was relevant to this thread, Sameh from Sam Performance has a solution on BM3 to control PI via CanBus without the Rev2 board.

this is cool!
Is rev2 bm3’s version of a PI controller like reflex??
Sponsored

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Simple question.

Drop in turbo upgrade (original location) in a car with catted Downpipe/catback/intake/BMS BOV charge pipe only on a manual car not wanting any extra fuckery, not any extra fuel, pump gas only.

Which turbo? Pure 850, DAW or Remnant? Definitely okay with something with more top end peaky after everything always being mid range power, falling on face up top stock turbo cars.

simple question, simple answer.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Simple question.

Drop in turbo upgrade (original location) in a car with catted Downpipe/catback/intake/BMS BOV charge pipe only on a manual car not wanting any extra fuckery, not any extra fuel, pump gas only.

Which turbo? Pure 850, DAW or Remnant? Definitely okay with something with more top end peaky after everything always being mid range power, falling on face up top stock turbo cars.

IMHO Just stick to stock turbo at that point. 93 octane is going to limit anything to the 500whp ballpark and you can't push too much torque if you want to stick with the OEM clutch anyways. OEm turbo already gets you close to that number anyways and OFT maps can help you squeeze more if you ever want to fill up with ethanol to make an e50 blend. You can get the Remnant when you're ready for clutch and fuel upgrades. BM3 OFT maps on stock turbo and then get a custom tuning for the turbo upgrade. No unnecessary spending and straight to good power down the road.

KBGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I thought the stock turbo was fine on pump gas until I tried a bigger turbo (CTS). Even at the same boost level, on pump gas, on factory fuel system the big turbo setup was way faster than stock turbo (560 rwhp on 92 and meth). The big turbo also gave that increasing with RPM power curve I love so much.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I thought the stock turbo was fine on pump gas until I tried a bigger turbo (CTS). Even at the same boost level, on pump gas, on factory fuel system the big turbo setup was way faster than stock turbo (560 rwhp on 92 and meth). The big turbo also gave that increasing with RPM power curve I love so much.
I agree that the powerband would still be better with an upgraded turbo but data for the manual clutches is scarce and inconsistent. It's probably best to test the waters on the stock turbo which can already make the stock clutch slip. At least this way one probably won't need to get towed after the first pull. If replacing the clutch is not an issue then by all means swap the turbo from the get go.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Simple question.

between the P850 and DAW, they flow about the same. The Remnant setup i believe is an overall bigger turbo than both of those and will flow more. Realistically out of those 3, just pick the one that fits your budget. You will make 500-560whp on 93oct with a larger turbo. You will give up just a bit of RPM on spool, but where it matters you will make more power.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Simple question.

I am going to approach this as if it was a auto. @UYCR is 100% right, stock clutch slips with stock everything adding a turbo into the mix you're just guaranteeing that the clutch would slip. However, to answer your question. DAW is more on the low power band (from what I have seen on 93) there is data on it on a thread which I'll link keep in mind DAW is one of the more quality and reliable turbos. Pure850's have been going down in quality but still a really good choice, because you're going with pump so the chances of the turbo being shot is very low. As for remnant it's more of down mount turbo the most powerful one out of the three. However, data is still being recorded and information is still being exchanged I will link to another thread as well. All 3 are very good options depends on what you're looking for. A full FBO 2020 supra on a pure850 will get around 530-ish whp 2021+ will get around 550-ish whp on 93 fuel. Catted dp will take those numbers down a bit. and for more top end peak. Didn't read data about the other two, but remnant peaks 4.5k rpms give or take not sure about the exat number, but it's in the 4k rpm range. So get a new clutch in get the rest of your mods on, and drop that turbo in. I forgot to mention auto's do have to get new parts for there trans around 630 tq/whp range, anything above that you're just waiting for the trans to explode.

DAW Turbo thread: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/daw-ultra-flow-turbo-dyno-results.19117/

Remnant Turbo thread: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/remnant-performance-omega-65-turbo-kit.15586/page-50 (skip to page 50)

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘20 M4 CS, ‘24 GR Supra 45th LE
Thank you. I’m going to do it right and have a clutch upgrade ready and done when it comes turbo time. I’m definitely game for something more peaky and fun. I will tune for E30 or E50, but no plans to run it daily - it would frankly be for the drag strip only.

im 41 and was always feeling like I was on the sidelines when people always went big, and when I did I was too young to keep things in the road and maintained. I want to do it once, and do it right, even if that means spending more money.

I guess I’ll plan on a clutch upgrade in spring before I even bother with sending out the DME to Femto. I’m going all in this time.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you. I’m going to do it right and have a clutch upgrade ready and done when it comes turbo time. I’m definitely game for something more peaky and fun. I will tune for E30 or E50, but no plans to run it daily - it would frankly be for the drag strip only.
You can run it daily if you want to. Get a femto unlock for Bm3 and you can map switch on the fly you could have multiple tunes. Low Boost, Hight Boost, Daily driving, E30, E50 etc etc.
I guess I’ll plan on a clutch upgrade in spring before I even bother with sending out the DME to Femto. I’m going all in this time.
I'm 21 but I totally understand what you mean. I am saving up currently for a remnant turbo. I am too young. I try my best to keep things in check, buuuuuuuut I end up street racing or pulled over lamooo.
Good luck, and keep us updated with the build. You can still send that DME and get FBO's on the car and run an OTs map for a while, and put a flex fuel sensor in if you want to run some E. You don't even need to switch tunes the OTS adjusts based on the E in the tank. When you're ready get that turbo.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
@D3ad_Hand any plans to update turbo section to include new DAW Flow Max and Ultra Flow R? Maybe even Pure 900 as more data on it is released.

It would also be awesome to have a "Two Weeks" section for those who wonder when something is being released or updated. Just sayin'.

Two weeks.gif

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@D3ad_Hand any plans to update turbo section to include new DAW Flow Max and Ultra Flow R? Maybe even Pure 900 as more data on it is released.

It would also be awesome to have a "Two Weeks" section for those who wonder when something is being released or updated. Just sayin'.

Two weeks.gif
I've been meaning to update the thread since a bunch of stuff changed or came out. And for you my friend yes that two weeks section will be put in. I would love some suggestions or updates to the sections on this thread they would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Two weeks.gif
Update: I went through the thread again and updated some outdated information. I also added a two weeks section. and I want to add another section to put into perspective the hp ratings for each figure. If people dont mind sharing this information I would like some quarter mile times, 60-130mp or 100-200km timings, and whp and dyno figures. I would like to add them to the thread so the whole image is clear.

Also if someone could please provide me with the information on the DAW Flow Max, and the Ultra Flow R I would appreciate it. So I know its a new cast compressors and turbine housing, but I need the
Compressor inducer: ??mm / ?? blad
Turbine exducer: ??mm / ?? blade
Claimed HP rating: ??hp

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: I went through the thread again and updated some outdated information. I also added a two weeks section. and I want to add another section to put into perspective the hp ratings for each figure. If people dont mind sharing this information I would like some quarter mile times, 60-130mp or 100-200km timings, and whp and dyno figures. I would like to add them to the thread so the whole image is clear.

Also if someone could please provide me with the information on the DAW Flow Max, and the Ultra Flow R I would appreciate it. So I know its a new cast compressors and turbine housing, but I need the
Compressor inducer: ??mm / ?? blad
Turbine exducer: ??mm / ?? blade
Claimed HP rating: ??hp
Decision: So I decided rather than wait for people to submit graphs, and time's etc etc. I would snatch some builds from people on the thread lol. I would link and tag all of the people that I put on the thread if everyone is fine with it. Would this be okay?
Sponsored