Honda Prelude Concept

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
https://global.honda/en/newsroom/news/2023/c231025eng.html

Prelude Concept will take the “joy of driving” into the full-fledged electrified future

I have introduced some of the mobility products that embody Honda’s dreams, which represent the Honda of today and the future. But we know our customers are expecting one more thing from Honda, and that is sports models.

At the automobile electrification business briefing we held last year, I talked about future sports models. Today, to conclude my presentation, I would like to show you one of them – the specialty sports model.
Everyone, this is the Prelude Concept.

Honda has always been committed to creating sporty vehicles. And the word “prelude” means an “introductory or preceding performance.” This model will become the prelude for our future models which will inherit the “joy of driving” into the full-fledged electrified future and embody Honda’s unalterable sports mindset. The Prelude Concept is a specialty sports model that will offer exhilarating experience that makes you want to keep going forever and extraordinary excitement you never felt before.

In order to offer the “joy of driving” only Honda can realize, we are diligently progressing with development, so please keep your expectations high for this model.
honda-prelude-concept-at-japan-mobility-show.jpg

honda-prelude-concept-at-japan-mobility-show.jpg
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
It's hard to imagine any future vehicle, currently in concept especially, not being electrified though.

I'd be happy to see the Prelude return.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
her ass:

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
Imo, the rear is the best looking part of the car.
Agreed. Car is looking real nice. It's a shame it's electrified. It does not make sense it's electrified, no goes yes I want me an electrified sporty coupe. Would have been a good entry right beside the type r if it was gas powered.

gor134

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi Allroad 2013
Electrified doesn't necessarily mean electric. All the pubs are interpreting it as electric, but I think the production model will be a hybrid.

BrettMRC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, Defender, Rx400h
Used to love my 89 Prelude, and it must be 20 years since the last one was made, so this is a welcome return IMO.

Zupra_Toscana90

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tungsten Silver A90
I actually dig it, would love to see it be a hyper/performance hybrid thought for tuning and aftermarket options.

luv2xlr8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I might get flamed on for this... but I think it looks more like a Civic coupe than a new Prelude
We can get lit up together then because the rear quarter is giving me flashbacks to a seventh generation accord coupe I use to walk by on my way home from school. Today was definitely the first time I had to look up "accord coupe generations" for the reference!

Last edited: