tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! So in short.you liked the OEM subs better then the bavsound subs. You never tried swapping the fronts out with bavsound it seems

I wanted to do a complete over haul with high end speakers and possibly build a custom box to replace the factory one,but keep the same location. Iā€™m entertaining cheaper options as well lol
There was really no great improvement with replacing with Bavsound subs once the OE Sub improvements were made...I sent them back and Bavsound refunded me...

As I mention in this thread the Harmon Kardon speakers in the Supra are actually pretty decent and I'm still very content with the bass response after doing all the improvements I outlined in this thread...

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
There was really no great improvement with replacing with Bavsound subs once the OE Sub improvements were made...I sent them back and Bavsound refunded me...

As I mention in this thread the Harmon Kardon speakers in the Supra are actually pretty decent and I'm still very content with the bass response after doing all the improvements I outlined in this thread...
Yeah I read that,Iā€™m a big audiophile so I highly doubt the front speakers will dramatically change with what you did. Iā€™m sure they sound better then from the factory but still wonā€™t be enough for me. Appreciate the awesome write ups! :)

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I read that,Iā€™m a big audiophile so I highly doubt the front speakers will dramatically change with what you did. Iā€™m sure they sound better then from the factory but still wonā€™t be enough for me. Appreciate the awesome write ups! :)
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm a self proclaimed audiophile myself...;)

Replacing door speakers probably wouldn't change much, however, the improvements made with the front door panels did help quite a bit...

Also disabling ASD and setting up EQ correctly after making these improvements will yield great results as well....

How to Setup and Optimize Sound Quality using OE Equalizer

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Yeah, I'm a self proclaimed audiophile myself...

Replacing door speakers probably wouldn't change much, however, the improvements made with the front door panels did help quite a bit...

Also disabling ASD and setting up EQ correctly will yield great results as well....

How to Setup and Optimize Sound Quality using OE Equalizer
Self proclaimed for sure lol - Iā€™ve been doing it for 26 years and love high end audio tbh,Im doing a complete overhaul of the factory system since the bavsound doesnā€™t seem promising as you mentioned.

I usually run JL audio for subs, 1 W7 would destroy anything you could do with dynamat on the factory system. Obviously

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Self proclaimed for sure lol - Iā€™ve been doing it for 26 years and love high end audio tbh,Im doing a complete overhaul of the factory system since the bavsound doesnā€™t seem promising as you mentioned.

I usually run JL audio for subs, 1 W7 would destroy anything you could do with dynamat on the factory system. Obviously
About 35 yrs here...yeah, I'm old...LOL

What I think would make a big improvement to the current system is to add crossovers to the current subs having them operate as midbass and then add a true sub to the system...

JL audio sub would be a great choice....

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
About 35 yrs here...yeah, I'm old...LOL

What I think would make a big improvement to the current system is to add crossovers to the current subs having them operate as midbass and then add a true sub to the system...

JL audio sub would be a great choice....
Nice,Iā€™m 42. Glad Iā€™m not the only old guy with a Supra lol

I agree,With everything you outlined as well as setting up crossovers to operate as such would be a game changer lol. I was really hoping I could spend the $1100 on bavsound and be done with it meh

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a good comprehensive testament of the audio system in the 2 series BMW which might be of interest to folks here:

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19552644

Is there something like this posting for us (that goes beyond the subs)?
I saw that thread while searching through the BMW forum....great write up! :thumbsup:

As discussed on some other threads on our forum , the weakest link in our system IMHO is the HK AMP...Replacing that with a good DSP AMP along with adding an external Sub and changing the current subs to midbass by adding crossovers would make a huge improvement to the system sound quality....

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Compared to you guys,Iā€™m young. I like it lol

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
I saw that thread while searching through the BMW forum....great write up! :thumbsup:

As discussed on some other threads on our forum , the weakest link in our system IMHO is the HK AMP...Replacing that with a good DSP AMP along with adding an external Sub and changing the current subs to midbass by adding crossovers would make a huge improvement to the system sound quality....
I agree with this and it's something I will probably explore after completing the mods you've laid out here in the thread (just waiting for all of the parts to ship). Thanks for the great write up btw!

I also remember you saying somewhere that you had a drop in amp that you were going to install and test? Is my memory correct there or am I imagining things? :hmm:

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with this and it's something I will probably explore after completing the mods you've laid out here in the thread (just waiting for all of the parts to ship). Thanks for the great write up btw!

I also remember you saying somewhere that you had a drop in amp that you were going to install and test? Is my memory correct there or am I imagining things? :hmm:
Thanks..no that wasn't me regarding the drop in amp....
Sponsored