How To Install & Tips For ZL1 Splash Guards (Front & Rear)

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
As stated above it’s strange some are having issues and others are not. Like I said I didn’t have to cut my rears.

79EBD8E7-9FDA-4B8B-B8AD-E183C38353BB.jpeg

it looks like there is a gap at the top half but there is not one. It’s flush to the fender. It’s just the camera angle.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Anyone install these and the artisan spirit/rexpeed rear CF spats? Any fitment issues?

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
Installed mine Saturday. Correct hardware and did not have to trim the spacers. I decided to add large diameter washers to the screws for the rear to spread the load out a bit more.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Refraction 2021 Lexus UX250H
I did add washers myself also to be safe.

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
After waiting three weeks this is what I got
Can someone confirm is it correct?

1B6A2BE3-D3B7-401B-8C4B-8D917217738A.jpeg

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yeah, I felt the same way as you when I first opened it. Looks like the same package that I received, except I do see a problem with the bag labeled front. You should have some plastic pop rivets instead of the screws that you have pictured.

I would recommend finding some flat black washers to reinforce the rear screws. I also had to trim one of the white standoffs at the very bottom because it was too tall. Others stated that they didn't have any fitment issues. Be sure you tuck the front one behind the fender liner to give it support

J’s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
After waiting three weeks this is what I got
Can someone confirm is it correct?

1B6A2BE3-D3B7-401B-8C4B-8D917217738A.jpeg
NO!! That isn’t correct, you should have received “push rivets” for the front install!! You can’t reuse the push rivets because they don’t have enough “grab” to fasten the additional 1.8 mm of thickness—-this is exactly what I was complaining about!! There is ZERO quality control at this place—-looks like you just received new “pins” to stick into the old rivets—-and on the rears, find some black washers or better yet a hex head bolt so you can easily attach the rears—-using a right angle screwdriver is a PITA—-and pulling the wheels for something this silly is annoying when there were easy options for an ez install. Lastly, hopefully you won’t need to cut down the bottom most rear spacer to get the guard to “suck up” to the wheel well—-I had to do that too!!!! BUT they do look cool as hell when you finally get them on!!

OP
OP
30MilesOffshore

30MilesOffshore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You won't be able to use the screws that they supplied. There is nothing there for the screws to go into. You will need to go to the dealer and pick up a few or order them online. The pop rivets for the front install should look like this.

456-jpg.jpg

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Thanks for all your help everyone - what a pain - how does a company like this stay in business!:crazy:
I work in aerospace machining and if we screw up airplanes will fall out of the sky!!
I'm going to see if I can get the push rivets from Toyota or BMW dealership.

J’s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
I emailed the company and they simply forwarded me a copy of the email THEY send to the distributor—everyone passed the buck! At least you know what you need and once you get it, it’s a pretty ez install, It just sucks that you can’t depend on anyone to send you what you pay for—-now you need to go spend more money to fix it!!! Maddening!!!

J’s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
Lastly—-make SURE you push the center pins ALL the way out (you’ll hear them fall out) before you try to pry the rivet out—-find a small drill bit and push that pin all tbe way through

akasonny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium (Downshift Blue)
I received the kit complete with push-pins for the front. I installed the rear flaps yesterday....a major PITA without a thin, right--angle screwdriver and tires still mounted! Because of the lack of this one tool, it took the better part of a complete day. I highly recommend either removing wheels or having an ultra-thin right-angle as others have mentioned in this thread. I had no need to grind any spacers.

I didn't install washers as all I had were silver and didn't like the look. I can always reinstall them with black washers later if need be.

I tackle the front pair tomorrow. I have no pick tools for pushing the pins through...nor do I have any particular tool to remove the existing plastic pieces but I'm hoping the job can be done using existing tools. And I'm hoping the front installs go easier than the rear!

I like these flaps and, frankly, I think they're both thick enough (durable) and flexible enough to withstand every-day driving. Nobody else seems to be offering these (none that I found).

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I will be interested to see what I have when mine show up.

Having to get additional or better suited parts is nothing new to me over here
Sponsored