IAT decrease with Versus heat shield

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Does anyone have numbers on before and after internal air temperature with the versus heat shield?

I currently have a mst CAI and on hot summer days my IAT is obviously hot but nothing drastic (170 after many pulls in 90+ degree weather)

Im wondering if the versus heat shield has numbers to back up the product or is it just a piece of decoration that has little benefit?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Does anyone have numbers on before and after internal air temperature with the versus heat shield?

I currently have a mst CAI and on hot summer days my IAT is obviously hot but nothing drastic (170 after many pulls in 90+ degree weather)

Im wondering if the versus heat shield has numbers to back up the product or is it just a piece of decoration that has little benefit?
All verus products have spec sheets available on their website. Just read it.

and it helps

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
The real question is when will they have the 6 port version in stock. Can't even overnight parts from Japan anymore. :confused:

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
The real question is when will they have the 6 port version in stock. Can't even overnight parts from Japan anymore. :confused:
I bought mine from the Verus site last week and got it this past weekend. Try ordering or sending them an email ?

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I have the 6 port shield. works as advertised. My IAT are running about 5 deg cooler across the board.

I will say holding more heat IN the turbo has had some interesting side effects. ;)
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE SIDE EFFECTS LOL

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I have the 6 port shield. works as advertised. My IAT are running about 5 deg cooler across the board.

I will say holding more heat IN the turbo has had some interesting side effects. ;)
A cracked manifold?

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I ordered one. Guess we'll see if it actually ships soon.
When I ordered mine I got an email the next day basically saying "hey it might take another week before we can send, is that ok?"

Sounds like they're almost making batches to order. Didn't take long at all though.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE SIDE EFFECTS LOL

Sorry didn't mean to be ominous or sketchy.
Am really curious if anyone else has noticed something.

I WAS (gone ecutek now) JB4, catless and the heat shield seems to hold extra heat in the turbo and at some decelerations i was getting one or two very large unintentional cracks. Still had burbles but these were very sharp and loud. Nothing else had changed except for 6 port heat shield.

Gone full ecutek now so it completely different. Hint: way too loud with blown out exhaust.

was worth mentioning is all.