If not the New Supra, then what?

What other car are you looking forward to?

• Mazda R7/8 successor

Votes: 38 36.5%
  • Nissan Z successor

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Honda S2000 successor

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • R36 GT-R

Votes: 25 24.0%

• Total voters

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Mines is a little odd, old, and slow. I would consider a first gen NSX. I just need to price to come down a little.
Sponsored

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
True cross shop, for me, would be GT350R or a Nissan GTR.

Upcoming would be possible new Cayman GT4, new Ford GT350/GT500.

However, by the time this hits I hopefully will be able to afford more. But still might end up getting a Mustang.

masahiro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MR2
I was deeply considering a nismo 370z. But now I'm going to wait and see. In reality, I'd like a new modern MR2.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
True cross shop, for me, would be GT350R or a Nissan GTR.

Upcoming would be possible new Cayman GT4, new Ford GT350/GT500.

However, by the time this hits I hopefully will be able to afford more. But still might end up getting a Mustang.
2018 mustang GT has 460 horsepower... damn that's a bargain. That's better then the outgoing shelby

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I don't think Mitsubishi has the cash to do another GTO. Last time I checked the company as a whole isn't doing so well. They need to work on their main line up before even thinking about making a low volume niche product.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
I don't think Mitsubishi has the cash to do another GTO. Last time I checked the company as a whole isn't doing so well. They need to work on their main line up before even thinking about making a low volume niche product.
Yeah they were done last year. Nissan bought them up. So Renault now owns them.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
it would surprise me if Nissan doesn't help Mitsubishi release some sort of hot hatch since they don't have one themselves.

Last edited:

jmc08

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Celica Supra
There will be no cross-shopping for me. I have been a Toyota fan, and fanatic of their sports cars throughout the eighties and nineties for years. I have owned two Celica Supras (still have one today), my parents have owned numerous Toyotas (including a rare 98 Celica Liftback) and I am looking at picking up a 98 Supra TT in the near future. I consider myself a collector and have numerous vehicles that are special to me for different reasons that are not our daily drivers. I would love to place an order for a new Supra simply due to my love for what it represents and what the FT1 promised.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Toyota Supra, Nissan 390Z, Mazda RX-9 Rumored For Tokyo Debut

Doors open to the Tokyo Motor Show on October 27.

If we’re to believe the rumors, the long-awaited Toyota Supra may not be the only high-profile sports car on display at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. Mazda and Nissan will reportedly be joining the rival Japanese marque with tantalizing sports car offerings all their own.

According to AutoBild, a new Nissan 390Z sports car, and a Wankel-powered Mazda RX-9 will both make their long-awaited debut in Tokyo. Naturally, we take this report with a grain of salt. Out of the three vehicles mentioned, we’ve only seen the Supra testing, and though rumors of an RX-9 have been plenty in recent weeks, it remains to be seen if the company will indeed bring the car to Tokyo.

The Supra, of course, will use the same platform as the upcoming BMW Z4. Power will reportedly come courtesy of a four- and six-cylinder engine, with a standard automatic gearbox and no option for a manual. Horsepower will be rated at 248 (185 kilowatts) and 335 (250 kilowatts), respectively.

The proposed Mazda RX-9, meanwhile, will be powered by a rotary engine – similar to the RX-7 and RX-8 before it – and will go on sale late in 2018 for the 2019 model year. The production version will take a few liberal styling cues from the 2015 RX Vision concept, and could come with as much as 400 horsepower (298 kW).

The reported Nissan 390Z will be a concept, previewing a successor for the now ancient 370Z, which has been on the market since 2009. The design will reportedly draw a number of cues from the current GT-R, with Nissan planning to significantly raise the price of the production model, putting it in a higher class of vehicles.

Apart from the three renders pictured here, we won’t know much about the upcoming sports car until they make their hopeful debuts at the Tokyo Motor Show this October. More details should be released closer to the show’s opening day.
https://www.motor1.com/news/177021/toyota-supra-mazda-rx9-tokyo/

1226205.jpg
mazda-rx-9-rendering.jpg

toyota-supra-rendering.jpg

Last edited:

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
New GTO would be incredible but as mentioned above, no gas in the tank for Mitsubishi. They are still advertising the 2015 Evo on their website.

Maybe Nissan will turn them around, who knows, but at this point they're looking more like a Suzuki than a real brand.

Sun Devil

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
current: 2016 Audi A7 . Past: 996TT,997cab, 997TT, R8 V10, 13 FR-S
Last night I saw an Alfa 4c up close. Pictures alone do not do justice to just how beautiful this car is. Exceptionally wide. Love the curves. I've heard all the shortcomings of this car, but I am intrigued.
Sponsored