Installed Eibach Z4 3.0 lower springs .8” drop

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
When you guys did the rear did you undo the endlink or leave it bolted in? I can't for the life of me get this double busing design to line up!!

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
When you guys did the rear did you undo the endlink or leave it bolted in? I can't for the life of me get this double busing design to line up!!

Leave the drop link connected...
Try putting a jack under the trailing arm n raising it a little...also put the strut nut through first...

Steve

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats exactly what I'm doing and this knuckle assembly pivot bushing just will not align perfectly. I can get 1 side in at a time but the other won't be aligned.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Thanks for all your posts and pictures on these springs. I ordered some on Friday. I’m excited.

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: Found a bolt replacement and nut at Ace Hardware and ended up getting the car finished. Holy hell the stress. So if anyone runs into the issue where simply jacking the control arm up onto the knuckle doesn't fully align the swivel Bushings with the control arm, get a heavy duty pry bar to pry the knuckle until it lines up. No amount of using the jack would do it, it took a pry bar.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Found a bolt replacement and nut at Ace Hardware and ended up getting the car finished. Holy hell the stress. So if anyone runs into the issue where simply jacking the control arm up onto the knuckle doesn't fully align the swivel Bushings with the control arm, get a heavy duty pry bar to pry the knuckle until it lines up. No amount of using the jack would do it, it took a pry bar.
Glad to hear you got it done. Mine was nowhere near as hard to line up as yours was from the sound of it. ?

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Glad to hear you got it done. Mine was nowhere near as hard to line up as yours was from the sound of it. ?
Thank you and thank you again for all the help. I've done roughly 5 fully suspension replacements in my lifetime and I've never ran into this issue before, or an issue that caused this much of a problem.

The bolt and nut I got from Ace Hardware aren't 100% what I would have wanted. They weren't fine thread, which doesn't matter, but neither bolt nor the nut had washers made to them, so I had to use a washers on both ends which means I lost a few threads. The bolt goes all the way through to the other side and it ends up being 100% flush with the end/outside of the nut, torqued at 122 ftlbs, and I put blue loctite on it. You think that will be fine or should I replace it with an OEM bolt when one arrives?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you and thank you again for all the help. I've done roughly 5 fully suspension replacements in my lifetime and I've never ran into this issue before, or an issue that caused this much of a problem.

The bolt and nut I got from Ace Hardware aren't 100% what I would have wanted. They weren't fine thread, which doesn't matter, but neither bolt nor the nut had washers made to them, so I had to use a washers on both ends which means I lost a few threads. The bolt goes all the way through to the other side and it ends up being 100% flush with the end/outside of the nut, torqued at 122 ftlbs, and I put blue loctite on it. You think that will be fine or should I replace it with an OEM bolt when one arrives?
I’m not sure about your bolt question. We got a bunch of engineers on this forum so hopefully someone can answer, but if it were my car I’d definitely order an exact OEM replacement and swap it out, just to be safe.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
m not sure about your bolt question. We got a bunch of engineers on this forum so hopefully someone can answer, but if it were my car I’d definitely order an exact OEM replacement and swap it out, just to be safe.
+1 on ordering the OEM part. Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks, but you'll be out of commission for a few days.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
Any issues with noise with these springs? I know some people have had to order sleeves to put on the springs. But perhaps because these are not as aggressive of a drop you don’t need them?

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Any issues with noise with these springs? I know some people have had to order sleeves to put on the springs. But perhaps because these are not as aggressive of a drop you don’t need them?
None at all while normal driving. I only occasionally get a “ping” sound when backing out of my driveway at an angle.
Sponsored