Interest rates through Toyota?

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
Was curious what kind of rates everyone’s been getting recently. I know they’ve fluctuated a lot over the last year or so. I typically go through my credit union but we just picked up a new Tiguan for the wife and VW was actually lower than the CU.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I have seen that too - most manufacturers now have lower rates than the actual bank.

No worries - soon prices will be crashing on cars because no type of Subprime buyer would even think of paying 7 APR on a car.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I just picked up my GR Corolla and when I told him my % rate from my CU, the Toyota guy just laughed and said "yeah we can't match that"

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
I'm gonna be going through Cefcu I think when my 2024 arrives. I have a 760 credit score with good history, so I am hoping for 6% max APR. If Toyota could do better I'd be happy.

PRMANManman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Stratosphere MT Premium 3.0 Supra
Toyota (TFS) ran my credit and it came back as 890 and they offered me 8.9% in July. Just to make the process easy I took it and then immediately refinanced to my credit union for 5.9%. So yea don't expect anything competitive from TFS

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota (TFS) ran my credit and it came back as 890 and they offered me 8.9% in July. Just to make the process easy I took it and then immediately refinanced to my credit union for 5.9%. So yea don't expect anything competitive from TFS
I did not even know it was possible to get a 890 credit score holy crap lol. Yeahh, def just going to go for pre approval from Cefcu then.

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
bought mine back in April, used with 2,800 miles on it. 5.5% through Toyota. Koons Toyota in Tysons Corner Va.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
When I bought my 2023 Premium MT on 8/31/23 Toyota's rates were high! Finance guy told me that most people were being turned away by Toyota Financial and they were no longer matching or beating rates. I was able to get Bank of America to beat my credit union, 6.9% still terrible!

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I have absolutely no interest with Toyota.

(paid cash :dunno: ).:bonk:

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
How are all your rates so high? low down payment? Shit credit?

I just (April lol) got 5.5% from Toyota on a USED $55K car

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Interest rates, especially from Manufacturer, is always funny money. They might show you the computer screen where it says Toyota says X% or Bank of the Northern Hemisphere said Y% but what they don't tell you is they might be adjusting the % up or down depending on how the price of the car was negotiated.

For example, you might see people say that got <5% but you dig in you find they paid sticker plus market adjust + the $1000 mirror covers (I still have PTSD from that). Someone else might say they only saw 9% but they were "smart" in that they negotiated the market adjustment :)

Anyways, this stuff is apples and oranges. It's best, if people are willing to share, is the total price on the Truth in Lending Statement. That's the tale of the tape IMHO.

Diablo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Launch Edition / 2018 4Runner TRD
How do I laugh in 2.59%?

Just yanking around, got mine financed through WF 1/2021 before everything went tits up

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
How do I laugh in 2.59?
I can make you cry in 2.59

My European bank negotiated 0.89 with me (around the same time in 2021).

But then again. I got torn open a new one by taxes. 😅 So apples/oranges.

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interest rates, especially from Manufacturer, is always funny money. They might show you the computer screen where it says Toyota says X% or Bank of the Northern Hemisphere said Y% but what they don't tell you is they might be adjusting the % up or down depending on how the price of the car was negotiated.

For example, you might see people say that got <5% but you dig in you find they paid sticker plus market adjust + the $1000 mirror covers (I still have PTSD from that). Someone else might say they only saw 9% but they were "smart" in that they negotiated the market adjustment :)

Anyways, this stuff is apples and oranges. It's best, if people are willing to share, is the total price on the Truth in Lending Statement. That's the tale of the tape IMHO.
Only downside to mine is the $925 carbon fiber mirror caps as well. When I saw that as an option I almost fell over. You can get same quality carbon for half that.

Canyon_Chris

First Name
Canyon_Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 AZ premium 6MT
Was curious what kind of rates everyone’s been getting recently. I know they’ve fluctuated a lot over the last year or so. I typically go through my credit union but we just picked up a new Tiguan for the wife and VW was actually lower than the CU.
Toyota gave me 5.81% in July. My CU could only do 6.5%.
However, my CU had a brand program to retain and help out loyal members, pending review from upper upper management they matched the 5.81%.
So yeah there's definitely a fierce competition between manufacturer loan companies and traditional financial institutions right now.
Sponsored