Is Armytrix catless downpipe’s quality has gone bad?

Kenny Koo

First Name
Keny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR SUPRA 3.0
I recently saw the an update on A90 Shop that saying they don’t sell Armytrix catless downpipe anymore because of its poor welding quality and the chance of avoiding CEL with its cat simulator is getting low. Is this true? If it is, kenji garage’s catless dowpipe is the one to go if I want to avoid CEL?
IMG_6404.jpeg
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Not from what I've been hearing from Vividracing and others.

Seems like things went sour between them. Weird message to put out for reasoning when they could have just not sold it anymore.

Sub-MkV

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Renaissance Red
I'd like to hear from a armytrix catless dp owner where any of this was a issue. I've had mine for 14000 miles/2 years with 0 problems, and 3 guys I know locally in Atlanta has zero problems for many miles/years.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Armytrix owner here, bought mine used and now it's got about 15k combined miles on it. Works flawlessly and zero quality issues. This is really odd for them to describe it like that..almost like a personal vendetta going on here..

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
i am also an owner for the armytrix catless. it never gave me a CEL for about 3k miles. I had to take it off and went back to stock because catless dp is not the best for MT supra =\

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
Funny
i am also an owner for the armytrix catless. it never gave me a CEL for about 3k miles. I had to take it off and went back to stock because catless dp is not the best for MT supra =\

Funny you brought this up. Tried ordering one from the website this morning as I saw it was on sale but no matter what shipping address I used on there website, it kept saying something like "fedex cant find this address." will keep this in mind for my MT

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny

Funny you brought this up. Tried ordering one from the website this morning as I saw it was on sale but no matter what shipping address I used on there website, it kept saying something like "fedex cant find this address." will keep this in mind for my MT
Get it from vividracing.

It's cheaper too.

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Funny

yeah just read the other thread about MT and catless. Apparently it can cause overboost and throttle cutoff. I have personally experience the throttle cutoff at the Track, it just stops giving power at a certain RPM.

Even JB4 doesnt have a solution for it right now, so there's no point in getting it unless you unlock and fully tune your MT. To me its not worth it to have it on until im ready for unlock

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
Not from what I've been hearing from Vividracing and others.

Seems like things went sour between them. Weird message to put out for reasoning when they could have just not sold it anymore.
Yeah that's a weird message to include. I don't think Armytrix or any company that has a DP with cat simulator guarantees no check engine light lol.

I checked to see if they still have the Armytrix catback exhaust and that's no longer on their store either... think you're on to something.

Isaleus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT , 2008 Orange GMC Canyon
yeah just read the other thread about MT and catless. Apparently it can cause overboost and throttle cutoff. I have personally experience the throttle cutoff at the Track, it just stops giving power at a certain RPM.

Even JB4 doesnt have a solution for it right now, so there's no point in getting it unless you unlock and fully tune your MT. To me its not worth it to have it on until im ready for unlock
Planning on tracking a lot this year.

Will keep this in mind. ty

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
seems like they went scorched earth. while its true that armytrix doesn't have a guarantee, neither does kenji/functionwerk.

Armytrix owner, 4000 miles, 6 Months . no CEL, no broken welds.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
For what it is worth, I have an example that did 5k miles with no CEL that I was going to put on my car that I never installed for sale if anyone wants!

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
I'm unfamiliar with what happened with the other vendor, but they made an excellent point about the lack of a no CEL warranty. Armytrix will not replace the downpipe if you get a CEL.

It's all great if it works fine, but once it does not, you lose a lot of money on a very expensive catless downpipe.

we do not offer catless products, so this situation doesn't impact me. However, based on the post, it sounds like as more of these downpipes were sold, more failures have been reported. When customers contact the vendor, it seems that Armytrix did not offer free exchanges for the downpipes. Understandably, customers will direct their frustration towards their vendor, as that's where their purchase was made.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To my recollection they never claimed to promise no CEL though.

Normally vendors just take the product off shelves if not on par.

Last edited:

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Armytrix: When you absolutely want to spend 10X for the same steel tube as everybody else
Sponsored