It really is nice to have a car you dont see on the streets every 30 seconds.

KellyJoe

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Bought mine day before Thanksgiving, I've only seen one other in my area. I was looking at getting a Dodge Challenger widebody before I pulled the trigger on the Supra.
Challengers are over played down here in Texas. Everyone has one, mostly V6 models. Not seeing a Supra on the road helped make the decision easier.
Challengers, Chargers and Mustangs.... Everywhere! Mine was the first I'd seen when I went to buy it. Bought it back in August and had the whole town to myself for five months. I've seen three more in the last two weeks. Four in this one-horse town now.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I live downtown in the heart of the 3rd largest city in the nation. The Supra is indeed very rare in the Chicago area. I'd say rarer then some exotics. Since the Supra's release I have yet to see a single Supra in the wild on the street. The very first one I saw in person, outside of an auto show, was at a Wisconsin dealership back in Aug 2020. The first one I saw in the Chicago area was the one I test drove back in Oct 2020. I drove a few more in Oct. Other than at a couple of dealers I have not seen a single one since then.
you Probably donā€™t see them because the people that own them donā€™t bring it out. Lol

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Bought mine day before Thanksgiving, I've only seen one other in my area. I was looking at getting a Dodge Challenger widebody before I pulled the trigger on the Supra.
Challengers are over played down here in Texas. Everyone has one, mostly V6 models. Not seeing a Supra on the road helped make the decision easier.
please donā€™t ever put the name Supra and a Challenger in the same sentence ever again. ?ā€ā™‚

IS2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Porsche Cayman, 2003 Mitsubishi EVO8, 2020 GR Supra
Living in Thailand, Iā€™ve only seen one other Supra on the street and the guy actually owns TRD brand and Toyota race team here. People here really have badges stigma and they wonā€™t spend Supra money on cars with Toyota badges. A slightly more expensive Porsche Caymans are everywhere in comparison.

Skebs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Gray Supra
In my area i've seen a few Supra's. A yellow one on my way to work pre-covid and a few months ago i saw a red and a tungsten cross each other on the street. Since then and since getting mine, i havnt seen a single one.

I really like having such a rare car. As much as i liked my BRZ, you also saw one every other car.
Ummmm I think I saw yours near a Raley's in Fremont, your car broke my neck even though I have the turbulence one lol. I also seen the yellow, red and tungsten as well. I still look even though I'm driving mine lol

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Ummmm I think I saw yours near a Raley's in Fremont, your car broke my neck even though I have the turbulence one lol. I also seen the yellow, red and tungsten as well. I still look even though I'm driving mine lol
Haha yeah that was most likely me. I try to go there every weekend.

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
ā€˜21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Other cars are now sticking out like a sore thumb that I usually donā€™t see. Challengers, Q60s and Hondaā€™s...

I saw ONE supra today while getting a copy of my key made at Home Depot.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Other cars are now sticking out like a sore thumb that I usually donā€™t see. Challengers, Q60s and Hondaā€™s...

Yup hitting a month of ownership and only supra I've seen is mine. In a 1 mile drive to home depot I'll see 7 mustangs and 4 more in the parking lot.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Q60's are sloooowwwww. walked one in my diesel BMW

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
ā€˜21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Q60's are sloooowwwww. walked one in my diesel BMW
Well was the Q60 tuned? They have a fair amount of grunt when tuned. Stock... Not so much...

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Well was the Q60 tuned? They have a fair amount of grunt when tuned. Stock... Not so much...
no idea. I didn't stop to ask...
prob not fair, my diesel is turned up to 500lbs torque its hard to keep up with until hp wins.

Arfiman

First Name
Arafaat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 1991 Acura NSX (previous), 2004 Honda S2000 (previous), EP3 Civic Type R (previous)
Bumped into a friend who just got a new 718 Spyder (gorgeous car and manual!) and he was so happy to see me in the Supra and absolutely loved it - he said it was the first one he'd seen in person ever and liked it even more in person! So yeah pretty rare here too!

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra
I like to go out driving a lot so I've seen well over ten GR Supras on the road since it's release date. This may sound mean but I predict the sales numbers will begin to drop starting this year. If so that'll make the mkv Supra be a bit more rare.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I like to go out driving a lot so I've seen well over ten GR Supras on the road since it's release date. This may sound mean but I predict the sales numbers will begin to drop starting this year. If so that'll make the mkv Supra be a bit more rare.
I think the price is keeping them rare. The dealer I bought mine from had mine for 3 months and the black one is still sitting there. They have 5 now they cant sell. of course I live in an area where the median income is 38 thousand. It also dosnt help that the dealer is widely know to be dick heads and will screw you. but honestly I love the car but it is not a 60k car.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I think the price is keeping them rare. The dealer I bought mine from had mine for 3 months and the black one is still sitting there. They have 5 now they cant sell. of course I live in an area where the median income is 38 thousand. It also dosnt help that the dealer is widely know to be dick heads and will screw you. but honestly I love the car but it is not a 60k car.
i largley agree. If this car was even just 5k mroe expensive i think it would hve been a major flop
Sponsored