Keyless Entry issues

NDR008

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Auris, GR Supra 2.0 Dynamic
I am wondering if anyone had similar issues.
For the first 2 months, about 10% of the times, keyless entry did not work. I figured that's fine.

But one day while washing the car, due to the water and they key being in my pocket it was locking and unlocking a couple of times.
Kept using the car as normal, (with keyless entry working as far as I recall).

Then for the last 2 months, keyless entry does not work at all (grabbing the handle does not unlock it, and touching the three stripes does not lock it).
I tried new batteries in the fob, I tried both keys, I tried either door.

Then 1 week ago I disconnected the battery and connected it again and it worked (YEAH! for 2 days...)
Now back to not working, tried the battery disconnect but no luck. Maybe that was a fluke.

Anyone got any ideas what to check? I contacted the dealer but no response so far.
Will have to make a surprise visit.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I am wondering if anyone had similar issues.
For the first 2 months, about 10% of the times, keyless entry did not work. I figured that's fine.

But one day while washing the car, due to the water and they key being in my pocket it was locking and unlocking a couple of times.
Kept using the car as normal, (with keyless entry working as far as I recall).

Then for the last 2 months, keyless entry does not work at all (grabbing the handle does not unlock it, and touching the three stripes does not lock it).
I tried new batteries in the fob, I tried both keys, I tried either door.

Then 1 week ago I disconnected the battery and connected it again and it worked (YEAH! for 2 days...)
Now back to not working, tried the battery disconnect but no luck. Maybe that was a fluke.

Anyone got any ideas what to check? I contacted the dealer but no response so far.
Will have to make a surprise visit.
Sounds like dealer visit time. Though it is flaky as fuck.

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
I think you can resync keyfobs to car by holding against the steering column icon

OP
OP
NDR008

NDR008

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think you can resync keyfobs to car by holding against the steering column icon
Oh believe me, I've tried that too.
Before the first battery reset (the one that made it work again), if I tried starting the engine WHILE holding they keyfob there, the engine would start, but I would get a warning message that the key is being detected in the passenger side or something, and telling me that the key needs to be on the driver side, and that maybe the key is locked inside the car...

Somewhere I read someone said their keyless antennas from under the centre console got disconnected...

(There are about 5 antennas... 1 under each skirt, 2 in the middle console and 1 in the boot... going to be fun if those need replacing or the door handles... hope they don't scratch the paint while trying).

RAWSupra

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
i have had an antennae fail on a BMW they usually throw a code.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Oh believe me, I've tried that too.
Before the first battery reset (the one that made it work again), if I tried starting the engine WHILE holding they keyfob there, the engine would start, but I would get a warning message that the key is being detected in the passenger side or something, and telling me that the key needs to be on the driver side, and that maybe the key is locked inside the car...

Somewhere I read someone said their keyless antennas from under the centre console got disconnected...

(There are about 5 antennas... 1 under each skirt, 2 in the middle console and 1 in the boot... going to be fun if those need replacing or the door handles... hope they don't scratch the paint while trying).
Concerning part bolded. The system isn't perfect but you sound like you're dealing with an antenna issue timed poorly with the car wash.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My experience is if I have something in my pocket over the key, even the thinnest thing, car wouldn't recognize it. Sometimes thick clothing sometimes my phone in front of the key in my pocket. Tried holding both my hands over the pocket and it also seemed to block it.
So, make sure you're free of these and see if it fixes your issue.
Now I wonder, which antenna do these use? the one in the back?

Multiple images here, but I don't know if locations are correctly identified. So, things point to being towards the back. Don't know if that helps you root cause your issue.
https://parts.toyota.com/a/Toyota_2020_Supra/78457018__7627658/ANTENNA/291440-8604.html

OP
OP
NDR008

NDR008

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks. I tried everything so I even removed every keychain and electrical device.
I even when out to the fields where there are no houses and interference.
So yeah definitely something with the car.

That pic is not the car key antenna, there are dedicated car key antennas

one of the antenna.png

Rubenduque93

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks. I tried everything so I even removed every keychain and electrical device.
I even when out to the fields where there are no houses and interference.
So yeah definitely something with the car.

That pic is not the car key antenna, there are dedicated car key antennas

one of the antenna.png
Where did you find those instructions to remove the antennas ?

I'm having the same exact issue and heard that that's the solution.! But I can't find any info or where exactly they are located

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
OP
OP
NDR008

NDR008

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealer replaced boot antenna... next replacing the body ECU...

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
Did you change to a fresh battery? I had lock/unlock issues for a bit. A new battery resolved it. Cheap to attempt if you haven't already

OP
OP
NDR008

NDR008

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did actually...
I will say this... 1 week ago I washed the car at a car wash, and the thing worked for 2hrs before sleeping.
Been a week again not working.

Rubenduque93

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Just an update on my case!!
Took my car to the dealership 4 days ago.! And told them that my issue should be caused by the oscillators that are not well positioned.. they said they were going to tell the technician about it..

they did their diagnostics of course before trying to do what I told them at first, but ended up checking the oscillators and in fact that was the problem!

one of them was hanging off their actual position, so they reposition the oscillator and put it back in place and now the keyless entry is working ss it should
Sponsored