Landed a 2021 3.0 premium for 7k off msrp

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
Looks like I’m finally joining the club. I had to call 12 different dealerships but I finally found one that was willing to do a deal. Now I just have to drive 6 hours to get it
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Looks like I’m finally joining the club. I had to call 12 different dealerships but I finally found one that was willing to do a deal. Now I just have to drive 6 hours to get it
Fly/drive it home? Or are you trading in?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Wow 7k. Unheard of. Congrats!!
12.5% ?? Damn

WhatTheFetch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
That's an incredible deal! Congrats, enjoy the new ride!

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
WELCOME TO THE CLUB! You're going to LOVE the MKV!

What color did you get?

OP
OP

Cainzor

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gti
WELCOME TO THE CLUB! You're going to LOVE the MKV!

What color did you get?
I got black. I really wanted a white one. But they're pretty much all spoken for at this point. I called 15 different places before I found someone willing to go under msrp

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
I got black. I really wanted a white one. But they're pretty much all spoken for at this point. I called 15 different places before I found someone willing to go under msrp
Hey, make sure there are no battery warnings before you drive 6 hours out there! If it's a 2021, it's been sitting around for a while, and probably lots of awake activity as there are people around it. If the battery dipped below a certain percentage in the first 120 miles (or whatever it is, I think 200-250km), you'll get a battery warning that you cannot clear.

The warning will show up in the gauge cluster, where the mileage is listed - it has to be dismissed with the BC button on the turn stalk to see mileage, etc., but will pop back up after a few min, and will always show a red triangle. Have the salesperson check and take pics for you to confirm 100%. If it has a warning, it's no problem - the Supra tech is probably used to handling those. Just needs to take the battery out and charge to 100%, or (highly preferable) just replace the battery.

Worst case, it's not a debilitating error, and can absolutely wait until you get back home to be resolved by the local dealership. That's what I had to do, as the dealer I bought my 2021 from was 3 hours away, and the Supra tech wasn't available when I got there to take delivery, so I opted to drive it home and fix it there.

Otherwise, congrats on the awesome deal! Where are you driving to pick it up?

Edit - Just wanted to state that I mention the battery issue because it's a VERY common problem for new Supras that have been on the dealer lot for more than a week or two. The Toyota dealers put them on the floor, and just don't know how to take care of them like a BMW dealer would, with a battery tender, etc., so the ECU is constantly awake, draining the battery.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Congrats! That drive back is a pain if you’re like me and try to adhere to the break-in procedures. Flew from Alabama to South Carolina for mine and when I was driving it back all I wanted to do was hammer on it. Didn’t break 75 :(

bharg03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Do you know any other dealerships that are willing to do such great deals? I am looking to buy one soon, doesn't matter if its a 21 or 22.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I’m trading in the gti. Officially ditching Volkswagen and returning to the Supra.
~ I own both. Great cars! I use my ‘16 GTI as my winter car and park the Supra. Enjoy!

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Hey, make sure there are no battery warnings before you drive 6 hours out there! If it's a 2021, it's been sitting around for a while, and probably lots of awake activity as there are people around it. If the battery dipped below a certain percentage in the first 120 miles (or whatever it is, I think 200-250km), you'll get a battery warning that you cannot clear.

The warning will show up in the gauge cluster, where the mileage is listed - it has to be dismissed with the BC button on the turn stalk to see mileage, etc., but will pop back up after a few min, and will always show a red triangle. Have the salesperson check and take pics for you to confirm 100%. If it has a warning, it's no problem - the Supra tech is probably used to handling those. Just needs to take the battery out and charge to 100%, or (highly preferable) just replace the battery.

Worst case, it's not a debilitating error, and can absolutely wait until you get back home to be resolved by the local dealership. That's what I had to do, as the dealer I bought my 2021 from was 3 hours away, and the Supra tech wasn't available when I got there to take delivery, so I opted to drive it home and fix it there.

Edit - Just wanted to state that I mention the battery issue because it's a VERY common problem for new Supras that have been on the dealer lot for more than a week or two. The Toyota dealers put them on the floor, and just don't know how to take care of them like a BMW dealer would, with a battery tender, etc., so the ECU is constantly awake, draining the battery.
~ Ditto same way mine was when I took delivery. Quick trip to the dealer and it was solved.

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

I had the same battery issue. Took it to the dealer and all they did was reset it which removed the warning. I had to charge it myself.

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
The white definitely shows off the curves and details of the car. ☺
Sponsored