Let's see those garages

Ryanthetemp

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Past: E28 M5, E24 M6, E30 325is
Moved from my house to a condo...needed a place to work on my cars. After looking to buy an industrial bay and fit it out, started a DIY biz instead with 10 bays (including detail and dry ice), pro-grade tools, meeting/board room and office. About 8,000 square feet total. lugnutz.ca

1-6.jpeg

Bays 1-6 with two-post 10,000 lb lifts and tool chests

7-10.jpeg

Bays 7-10 and fluid catch cans, other shop tools

Meeting room.jpeg

16-seat meeting room with 85" screen

office.jpeg

View from shop into office and kitchen
Iā€™m trying to start the same business in my part of FL. If you donā€™t mind, could you respond to my DM Iā€™m about to send you on details of your business?
Sponsored

visbits

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 MKV MT, 94 RX7, 95 Supra, 02 S2K, 17 GT350
Moved from my house to a condo...needed a place to work on my cars. After looking to buy an industrial bay and fit it out, started a DIY biz instead with 10 bays (including detail and dry ice), pro-grade tools, meeting/board room and office. About 8,000 square feet total. lugnutz.ca

1-6.jpeg

Bays 1-6 with two-post 10,000 lb lifts and tool chests

7-10.jpeg

Bays 7-10 and fluid catch cans, other shop tools

Meeting room.jpeg

16-seat meeting room with 85" screen

office.jpeg

View from shop into office and kitchen
This is an absolutely beautiful facility. How do you keep it so clean?

gcurnew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2020 992 C4
This is an absolutely beautiful facility. How do you keep it so clean?
Mops, buckets, pressure washers and good old hand-cleaning...oh yeah and a mini Zamboni lol. Practically, cleaning is non-stop throughout the day, and floors are all scrubbed at end of day. When the shop is clean (most) customers tend to clean up after themselves, with some even wiping down tools before putting them back in the chests.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Okay, so now I'm seriously considering some sort of polymer floor tiles. My buddy in CO epoxied his floor and 5 years later it looks like complete ass.

I've got 2 questions:

God knows I've had some heinous spills of all sorts of fluids working on my cars. How do I clean up a quart of ATF (or whatever) if I spill it into the tiles?

I just bought a set of Paco Motorsports Hub Stands and I'm worried about the ground pressure from the 16x bearing rollers. If they cause indentations it will effect the results of the alignment by limiting the freedom of movement of the hubstands. I suppose I could get some steel plates for the hubstands to roll on, maybe it's a non issue.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
I wish the forum would redirect when topic gets moved to another sub-forum.

Anyhow awesome garages! I moved to my new house last August. Garage is in shambles. Building process was a mess, forgot about the water drain. Anyhow, hoping to tile as well. We track a lot of dirt/snow/etc. I just don't know how well they cope with that crap.
I'm in the exact same boat as you but I've been in my house about 8 months longer than you have.

During the winter months the salt/sand/snow/mud is a real issue. I'm also curious as to how one would deal with spills with these tiles.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Y'all are making me jealous.

PXL_20230420_013327750~2.jpg
My submission for most cramped garage.
Need to update the flag too.
Looks like you're fully utilizing the space though. As far as garages go, this one looks chill to hang out in.

Reactions: Dza

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
God knows I've had some heinous spills of all sorts of fluids working on my cars. How do I clean up a quart of ATF (or whatever) if I spill it into the tiles?
Super easy to pop up even one tile to clean a spill.

I just bought a set of Paco Motorsports Hub Stands and I'm worried about the ground pressure from the 16x bearing rollers. If they cause indentations it will effect the results of the alignment by limiting the freedom of movement of the hubstands. I suppose I could get some steel plates for the hubstands to roll on, maybe it's a non issue.
They can hold a ton of weight without deforming. The only problem ive ever had that caused an issue was with cheap jack stands with an edge for a foot. But i have super heavy cabinets on them, regularly jack my cars up, etc. No issues.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

t_stone

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Currently Searching

Dza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Evo VIII MR, 2021 3.0 Supra
Looks like you're fully utilizing the space though. As far as garages go, this one looks chill to hang out in.
Its definitely function over form lol. I spend a lot of time out there between working out, building custom knives, and other various projects. And I have plenty of mosquitoes to keep me company, they think its a very chill hangout spot šŸ˜†

Dza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Evo VIII MR, 2021 3.0 Supra
Such a bot response. Are we still doing this. Lol.
Indeed. I think he can benefit from a good storage solution.
And what's up with the Mitsubishi logo. Take it down already and get the Supra flag @t_stone sells!!
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/black-gr-toyota-supra-3x5-flags.11091/
Actually already ordered a Supra flag from him, just waiting for it to arrive.
Definitely do need more storage, no argument here. What I really need is a separate space that I could move my workshop to. That would free up a lot of room and reduce all the dust that gets generated.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Don't tell anyone, but those flags are about $8 shipped (less if you buy bulk) from China. It just takes a bit of time to find a vendor :D
OMG... so I could save a whole twelve dollars by doing extra leg work, dealing with unproven foreign vendors, and unknown transit times? All to avoid another member on this forum making what's practically less than minimum wage in profits?!?

Seems totally worth it. :rolleyes:
Sponsored