Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Well guys, working on the Supra right now. Ran into a minor snag. I need a spacer for the banjo. Need about 1/2". Apparently there is a lip that goes around the bolt hole that gets in the way. I didn't remember being there when I changed my oil last time, but again that was like 8 months ago, maybe longer.

Anyways, I don't think this will be a huge ordeal. Going to order up 2 different parts and i think we will be set. This is actually a good thing because it will allow you to drain the oil like normal. I'll be back on this project next week.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
No updates. Need some free time. Next week isnt looking too promising either. So hopefully in 2 weeks I will have an update.

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
The good news is that my Evo is getting picked up tomorrow. That will be a great thing because I will actually have room in the garage. How it is, I have to pull the Evo out whenever I need to work on the Supra cause there just isnt enough room. So once its gone, I can slowly work on the Supra without having to rearrange everything, every time.

a91crbn

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91 CF
Also interested in a silver one when available. Iā€™m sure more detailed information will follow once you finalize everything!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
IF they had a proper sensor that actually showed you, your level of oil. Not a simple full or add.. since they don't it does bug me. but if they could fix that so i can see exactly what level the oil is id be ok with no dipstick.
The sensor is more than capable of giving you an exact reading. Just connect any OBD bluetooth dongle and read the level in millimeters.

- 100% (6.6 liters) = 97mm
- 100% (iDrive max) = 97-85mm
- 75% = 84mm
- 50% = 82mm
- 25% = 81mm
- 0% (iDrive min) = 78mm (add 1 quart)

-RJM

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I like the ingenuity in this thread. Mad props to the OP for making it happen for those that prefer a mechanical dipstick.

-RJM

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
I like the ingenuity in this thread. Mad props to the OP for making it happen for those that prefer a mechanical dipstick.

-RJM
Going to be back on this project this weekend. Stay tuned for final results!
Sponsored