Lightweight battery alternative

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I am NOT answering for Bryan. I bought the same brand. still not installed- but i leave on a lithium trickle charger. All this talk- i am going to install for Oct events.
Smart!! I think he left the forum anyways. I exceeded my question limit 😭 So I’ll do just that. Thx Rock 🪨 💪

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Lithium batteries age with time, the amount they age depends heavily on temperature and charge level. If you’re not using the battery and it’s just sitting on a shelf, your best bet is to charge it to around 50% capacity and leave it somewhere cool. Maybe check on it once a month or so and bring it back up to 50% if it’s starting to dip. Leaving it at 100% and/or storing it somewhere hot will make it age much faster

IMG_6498.jpeg

https://batteryuniversity.com/article/bu-808-how-to-prolong-lithium-based-batteries

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Hot damnnnnnnn……..

Just got mine! Inflation even effects batteries. But still saved me a ton of money over antigrav

https://powertexbatteries.com/produ...ium-iron-phosphate-lifepo4-automotive-battery

I wasn’t able to put in the Supra, so here’s the link ☝ to Bryan’s great find. I used the 1st page of this thread and his pics/specs
That's the one I ordered! However, when I opened the box, the specs read 900CA / 768WH instead of 1250CA / 845WH like in the website description. Is that a problem? Also, how do I know what the AH is?

2023-10-07 16-41-44.jpeg

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
That's the one I ordered! However, when I opened the box, the specs read 900CA / 768WH instead of 1250CA / 845WH like in the website description. Is that a problem? Also, how do I know what the AH is?
Power (watts) = Current (amps) * Voltage (volts)

W*h is then equivalent to A*V*h. Divide the W*h rating by 12.8 volts.

768 / 12.8 = 60 A*h

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power (watts) = Current (amps) * Voltage (volts)

W*h is then equivalent to A*V*h. Divide the W*h rating by 12.8 volts.

768 / 12.8 = 60 A*h
Thank you @baagel !

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

2023-10-07 16-41-44.jpeg
That’s the one I got too! The picture matched the one on the 1st page that Bryan got. Looking back, Bryan was comparing it to the pricier Antigravity one. So how does it compare to the OEM for Ah - total amperage for one hour when fully charged? It’s shocking how much lighter it is 😃

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s the one I got too! The picture matched the one on the 1st page that Bryan got. Looking back, Bryan was comparing it to the pricier Antigravity one. So how does it compare to the OEM for Ah - total amperage for one hour when fully charged? It’s shocking how much lighter it is 😃
Ok, good to know. I didn't know how critical the exact specs were. The 60ah seems a bit low as does the CA/CCA in comparison to the OEM unit. But the latter shouldn't be an issue since I live in Texas.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Ok, good to know. I didn't know how critical the exact specs were. The 60ah seems a bit low as does the CA/CCA in comparison to the OEM unit. But the latter shouldn't be an issue since I live in Texas.
I would contact them, that seems odd it’s different and I can’t find any H7 on their site with those specs. They were great when I contacted them for a replacement.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would contact them, that seems odd it’s different and I can’t find any H7 on their site with those specs. They were great when I contacted them for a replacement.
Crap 💩 Just noticed that. Will give them a shout and make sure it’s compatible or exchange it for the exact same one you have. Thx to you and Christian.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crap 💩 Just noticed that. Will give them a shout and make sure it’s compatible or exchange it for the exact same one you have. Thx to you and Christian.
Just received this email from them :thumbsup:

-----------

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have arisen due to the misunderstanding.

Regarding the specifications of the battery, they align with what's displayed online. However, there was an error on the labels for this specific batch. Nevertheless, we want to assure you that the actual specifications surpass those listed on the website. The battery's true capacity is 68Ah, and the genuine cranking amps (CA) measure at 1400. These values represent an improvement over the reference numbers mentioned on the website.

Feel free to reach out if you have any additional inquiries or if there's anything else you'd like to discuss."

Regards,
PowerTex Batteries Team

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just received this email from them :thumbsup:

-----------

"We apologize for any inconvenience that may have arisen due to the misunderstanding.

Regarding the specifications of the battery, they align with what's displayed online. However, there was an error on the labels for this specific batch. Nevertheless, we want to assure you that the actual specifications surpass those listed on the website. The battery's true capacity is 68Ah, and the genuine cranking amps (CA) measure at 1400. These values represent an improvement over the reference numbers mentioned on the website.

Feel free to reach out if you have any additional inquiries or if there's anything else you'd like to discuss."

Regards,
PowerTex Batteries Team
Fantastic! I just spoke to someone from there as well. He went into a bit more detail about how it’s not an exact match, but that it should work just fine. He said our spec calls for a higher Ah (he referred to an H9 but they don’t make one) however our alternator should be able to keep it charged, no problem. When I told him someone else was using this one (I described the pic on Bryan’s 1st page), the guy lit up. He said it’s the same battery we purchased and if it‘s working for him (Bryan), it definitely will work for us. He also mentioned your email, lol. I should have looked here 1st before I called.

You’re right. Power Tex answered the phone with a live person and was mega helpful. He said if it doesn’t work, we could return it as well. Fantastic company! And hot damn this sucker is light… I can’t wait for my OEM to fail so I can use it 😂

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx

2023-10-07 16-41-44.jpeg
I recently installed this exact one and it was unlucky that it could not start my car.

Sent a claim to replace in hopes they give me 1250ca one even though 900 is sufficient to crank our cars. It read 13.6v with lights on and 9.97v trying to start the car.

Will keep y’all updated, threw in an OEM battery in the mean time and it’s cranking fine.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
I recently installed this exact one and it was unlucky that it could not start my car.

Sent a claim to replace in hopes they give me 1250ca one even though 900 is sufficient to crank our cars. It read 13.6v with lights on and 9.97v trying to start the car.

Will keep y’all updated, threw in an OEM battery in the mean time and it’s cranking fine.
edit: reading above its better than the sticker but my battery still a dud nonetheless going through a replacement.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
edit: reading above its better than the sticker but my battery still a dud nonetheless going through a replacement.
The customer service sounds excellent, however curious if Bryan and Christian got theirs working. I’d put mine in and try it but think there is some coding involved. Regardless, I’ll have my fav mechanic give it a go this Friday before I leave for Sebring.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin!
Sponsored