MHD Flasher For 2020+ A90 Supra Discussion

totodu94

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5 3.0t 2021
Hello i have femto unlock with my local tuner and a tune and now i would like to use MHD do you think i can or my dme need another unlock for mhd ?
On my mhd the check unlock say «FEMTO unlock detected »
Sponsored

whatthesupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Feel free to ask any questions. I can answer anything you need or want to know. And feel free to reach out for a custom tune. MHD supports ALL models via OBD2, including the Locked ECU. We are THE only ones right now with this support for the locked ECU. No bench flash needed
I have a 2021 A90 Supra premium that was manufactured 6/2020 and the DME is dated 3/14/20. I have seen and read that any Supra produces on or before 6/2020 the ECU is unlock and can be tuned. So I am doing some research before i either get the MHD or a JB4. I have asked MHD some questions but it a little difficult to understand them. They said I would need regular unlock and can use the MHD app to check if unlock status, but I do not have the cable or MHD module to check. So could you tell me if my Supra is tunable without doing the unlock process by FEMTO. I’m need to tuning stuff any education would be great. I have more questions but I’ll stick with the above for now. Thank you.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I have a 2021 A90 Supra premium that was manufactured 6/2020 and the DME is dated 3/14/20. I have seen and read that any Supra produces on or before 6/2020 the ECU is unlock and can be tuned. So I am doing some research before i either get the MHD or a JB4. I have asked MHD some questions but it a little difficult to understand them. They said I would need regular unlock and can use the MHD app to check if unlock status, but I do not have the cable or MHD module to check. So could you tell me if my Supra is tunable without doing the unlock process by FEMTO. I’m need to tuning stuff any education would be great. I have more questions but I’ll stick with the above for now. Thank you.
that ecu still needs an unlock. it just doesn't need to be sent overseas to FEMTO for the unlock like post 6/2020 ecus do.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Hello i have femto unlock with my local tuner and a tune and now i would like to use MHD do you think i can or my dme need another unlock for mhd ?
On my mhd the check unlock say «FEMTO unlock detected »
if it's already had the FEMTO unlock you can tune with MHD

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Doing some MHD+ feature testing with MHD. Getting closer to public release.

This above is a quick Gen2 B58 (which includes supra) antilag validation test from a couple days ago.

Below is a log screenshot from a day or so later after dialing in it a bit more. ww are building a hair under 40psi within 1-1.5 seconds of activating the antilag. It's as close as you can get to instantaneous boost.

1000024485.jpg

Testing will continue. Also now on our car is map switching, flex fuel and etc.

totodu94

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra mk5 3.0t 2021

This above is a quick Gen2 B58 (which includes supra) antilag validation test from a couple days ago.

Below is a log screenshot from a day or so later after dialing in it a bit more. ww are building a hair under 40psi within 1-1.5 seconds of activating the antilag. It's as close as you can get to instantaneous boost.

1000024485.jpg

Cool but need re sent ecu to femto ?

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra

1000024485.jpg

Wouldn't 40psi be wayyy to much boost on a stock turbo???? Thought are max psi was around 21psi or so.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Cool but need re sent ecu to femto ?
yes still needs to be sent to FEMTO currently for unlock and MHD+ loading.

Wouldn't 40psi be wayyy to much boost on a stock turbo???? Thought are max psi was around 21psi or so.
He ain’t stock turbo, he’s top mount if I remember correct.

correct, if i were stock turbo yes 40psi that stock turbo wont last. my car has an EFR9280. stock turbo max psi is subjective.

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
More testing using our shop Supra of the upcoming MHD+ features for Gen2 B58 vehicles.

Here we are testing MHD+ custom ECU logic for a plug and play 5bar map sensor which will allow seamless boost targeting of over 50psi of boost.

Pending your setup allows you to take advantage of this safely, it leaves roo. For a ton of power if high boost needs to surpass the OEM 4bar map sensor limits.

1000024812.jpg

Map adjustment for 51psi vs 58psi target andbboost control adjustment to meet closer to target.

1000024923.jpg

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
More testing using our shop Supra of the upcoming MHD+ features for Gen2 B58 vehicles.

Here we are testing MHD+ custom ECU logic for a plug and play 5bar map sensor which will allow seamless boost targeting of over 50psi of boost.

Pending your setup allows you to take advantage of this safely, it leaves roo. For a ton of power if high boost needs to surpass the OEM 4bar map sensor limits.

1000024812.jpg

Map adjustment for 51psi vs 58psi target andbboost control adjustment to meet closer to target.

1000024923.jpg
All this teasing is there an ETA for MHD+?

I need to femto my dme and won’t until this is released!

OP
OP
Twisted Tuning

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
Are we any closer to getting MHD+, this year maybe?
All this teasing is there an ETA for MHD+?

I need to femto my dme and won’t until this is released!
ETA is this year. Before year end. I ask again to verify. But as you can see everything is working. Just waiting on their decision to release publically. MHD team are a group of perfectionists

NZ-Supra

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 2020 BMW M340i Xdrive
ETA is this year. Before year end. I ask again to verify. But as you can see everything is working. Just waiting on their decision to release publically. MHD team are a group of perfectionists
Thanks for checking and yeah it’s been torture seeing all these awesome features that we can’t use 😂

Hopefully soon as I’d like my dme sent away and returned before Christmas time 😂
Sponsored