Mid-Ohio Supra Track Day

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
if you are in DE1, I'd recommend it to leave it on. if you are in DE 2, 3, or 4, it won't bother you much.

These are 2 objectives I give to every student.

1. Go home with same car you came with - be safe!
2. Have fun.

there are no reason to risk anything on the track when you are in HPDE. Things may occur without your will and it's better to be safe than sorry. even with all the assistants (except lane departure) such as TCS, VSC, & Collision warning turned on, you will still have fun as long as your car is in condition you brought in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Who said the cross bar wasnā€™t functional? Figured Iā€™d play around with Track Addict behind me so it can capture video of my steering + the track. Couldnā€™t get the OBD device to work with iOS though uggghh.

D1A52DB2-2D80-4660-87EC-D3FDEA9DCCAC.jpeg

926544AC-851C-48D1-B24B-5E83871BFB56.jpeg

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Here's my last lap of the day. This was my first time on track, elevation changes were more challenging than I expected. I was getting better every lap, but lots of room for improvement...

My biggest takeaway from this event: Our stock brakes have a lot more capability than my brain thinks should be there... :D

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Here's my last lap of the day. This was my first time on track, elevation changes were more challenging than I expected. I was getting better every lap, but lots of room for improvement...

My biggest takeaway from this event: Our stock brakes have a lot more capability than my brain thinks should be there... :D
I agree with you on brake. I was doing fine with the brake on 20+ track days. not sure why people complain so much on the brake.. I think these are pretty good brakes and it will do fine given that it was broken-in properly.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I agree with you on brake. I was doing fine with the brake on 20+ track days. not sure why people complain so much on the brake.. I think these are pretty good brakes and it will do fine given that it was broken-in properly.
I think the brakes are about average for a car like this, but IMO, they feel bad which is why I think some folks think they aren't up to the task. The brake pedal has kind of a numb, dead feeling compared to other performance cars I've driven. It's very linear, as well, which means you really have to bury your foot to make the thing bleed off the mph from a high speed. It's all so subjective, but that's my take.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think the brakes are about average for a car like this, but IMO, they feel bad which is why I think some folks think they aren't up to the task. The brake pedal has kind of a numb, dead feeling compared to other performance cars I've driven. It's very linear, as well, which means you really have to bury your foot to make the thing bleed off the mph from a high speed. It's all so subjective, but that's my take.
Brakes felt amazing to me. Brakes had no problem slowing the car from 145 mph coming into China Beach lap after lap after lap.

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
My best lap was 1:45 on the club course with chin on Tuesday (chicane before the keyhole). Getting 7 hours of seat time with an instructor in the passenger seat on Monday and Tuesday was pretty awesome. I only had brake fluid, and the brakes felt great braking from 138 at the 500 marker going into China beach all weekend ... must have been close to 100 laps total

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Looks like you had a phenomenal weekend. I'll be there in August with PCA. Hoping to make it there before then for a weekend.

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Yes mine is lowered .8ā€ front and rear via Eibach Euro Z4 Springs.

Along with Burger Tuning wheel spacers (10mm front & 13mm rear).

Do you all see any issues with my alignment specs? (all seems to be in the preferred green status now).

C8F10DF1-D87F-4E9D-BF3C-3795B86E8B4B.jpeg

3A8C064F-A0AF-47F2-A1E3-C467D895E9C6.jpeg

How do you like the Eibach Springs on the track???? I was thinking of adding a Eibach Pro Kit plus springs and F/R Sway Bars to my car.

je8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra
I've likely waited too long to take advantage of my free day...but I thought I would ask anyway: Has anyone been able to take advantage of the free day by picking a track day date past the one year of ownership mark (but registering before that one year mark)? The sign up page indicates that I am out of luck...I took my car home early August and just put this off. Most of the local tracks future dates are past my 1-year mark and/or have a waitlist.

OP
OP

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
I've likely waited too long to take advantage of my free day...but I thought I would ask anyway: Has anyone been able to take advantage of the free day by picking a track day date past the one year of ownership mark (but registering before that one year mark)? The sign up page indicates that I am out of luck...I took my car home early August and just put this off. Most of the local tracks future dates are past my 1-year mark and/or have a waitlist.
Yeah I bought mine in Aug 19 and just did my track day earlier this month. Itā€™s only $100, but Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll extend it for you

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Was there an email invite to sign up for thr free year? I bought my car about 3-4 weeks ago and have yet to receive anything and am wanting to sign up for the Corvette museum event In Oct.
Sponsored