MKV Supra in Detail: Models, Engines, Transmission, Colors, Interiors, Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Meanwhile a lexus z4 sibling car would make more sense to me , i don't think anyone would be complaining if a lexus z4 coupe was developed with bmw because a 2 seater luxury sports car is what the z4 is and also bmw's segment is closer to lexus than toyota.
A stripped down z4 with no luxury parts but equal performance sounds ideal as it would not compete with Bmw who would have their own versions of the car and assumingly, a M z4 option to separate the two.

Lexus and Bmw would just be fighting at that point.
Sponsored

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
I think the issue comes to.... Convertibles don't sell... Unless you're a Miata.... The Germans all have a convertible in that segment but they don't exactly sell as much versus these new raised up cars crossovers. Lexus wants to make an LC Convertible which is like....way out of most people's price range. a Lexus Roadster would be amazing but at this point I'm even unsure about the car making it thought the next decade. Soon they'll all be some CUV electric powered hatches.

Boring.

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I think the issue comes to.... Convertibles don't sell... Unless you're a Miata.... The Germans all have a convertible in that segment but they don't exactly sell as much versus these new raised up cars crossovers. Lexus wants to make an LC Convertible which is like....way out of most people's price range. a Lexus Roadster would be amazing but at this point I'm even unsure about the car making it thought the next decade. Soon they'll all be some CUV electric powered hatches.

Boring.
i agree but fear not, there will always be a market for enthusiasts

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
The more I think about this halo car....the more I really hope the rumors are true of a BMW bottom-end, but with a Toyota (Yamaha) head. Just give us something that makes the FT-1 unique and not an exact 100% replica (powertrain-wise) to some other car. Oh and a 6spd manual wouldnā€™t hurt either ;-p. Still staying positive...a few more weeks to go.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The more I think about this halo car....the more I really hope the rumors are true of a BMW bottom-end, but with a Toyota (Yamaha) head. Just give us something that makes the FT-1 unique and not an exact 100% replica (powertrain-wise) to some other car. Oh and a 6spd manual wouldnā€™t hurt either ;-p. Still staying positive...a few more weeks to go.
Best option would be a PowerPoint demostration where it says it will come with an automatic....

Cue disappointment and silence before next slide showing it will have a manual option to the fanfare of the floor room.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
A few more long/painful/frustrating/sleepless nights...lol...

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
i kind of find this hard to believe. usually when BMW releases a new gen it has more HP and out performs the outgoing model. this has it at the same amount of power as the E89. also @SS09ER pointed out that the test mule has bigger tires than the old Z4. maybe im being too optimistic, but ill hold judgement until there is an official press release.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Meanwhile the S2K Community just got word that the S2K/ZSX isn't happening
With the rumors of no manual option on the new S2k, it wasn't going to sell well anyway, they should just remake the s2000 exactly how they left it in 09. My 08 is a keeper for sure.

Still waiting to see if the supra will the new car to add.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
With the rumors of no manual option on the new S2k, it wasn't going to sell well anyway, they should just remake the s2000 exactly how they left it in 09.

Honda says they have no plans for it whatsoever, which is sad
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.