New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/2020-bmw-m340i-emerges-just-shy-full-m3/

The new 340i has 382 horsepower and 500 Nm TQ. Could it be the same B58 from the Supra? If so, would it be safe to assume that the Supra "Premium" will have the same hp?
There is info that says that it won't, mostly based off specs of preproduction cars. But that doesn't mean it won't have any more or less, just that it will have a motor with the exhaust manifold integrated in the head (where as the 382hp motor does not).

Personally I believe it will have around that power level, especially if BMW and Toyota want to rival the Z4 and Supra with the Boxster and Cayman
Sponsored

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/2020-bmw-m340i-emerges-just-shy-full-m3/

The new 340i has 382 horsepower and 500 Nm TQ. Could it be the same B58 from the Supra? If so, would it be safe to assume that the Supra "Premium" will have the same hp?
I believe, at launch, all Supras will initially just offer the I6-turbo. Power figures could probably be the same, or just the higher end model getting around some 40++hp more. More of just tuning and calibration setup. Base, Premium, and Launch models are presumably offered with different options, wheel sizes, and design, as well as accessories and features.

Last edited:

AsupramkvC

First Name
Gerich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally, I think Toyota will initially offer the Supra with an inline-6 engine, with around 340++hp. Trim levels will only be differentiated by options and equipments. Probably they will save the 380++hp variant for the GR Supra variant. What do you guys think? Or Toyota could also make use of the upcoming BMW S58 engine on the GR Supra. That engine could make in the midst of 400-500hp.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
hmmm... Spilner, as in Brian Spilner from the Fast franchise.

so, Bryster as a nickname for Brian? I can see that... I was wondering why those comments in my thread seemed so familiar lol

EDIT: sure enough, Spilner was banned right before Bryster showed up. Good work, @2JZ-No-Sh*t

rtoadyt

First Name
Reto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Suddenly, the thread has gone youtube movie sequel theory mode but in a way you wouldn't expect. Nor like. Nor sensational. Dreadful, really.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Just two more months fellas. We'll get some juicy details soon.
Yes sir, just waiting on one car show to the next :coffee:.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm in the process of selling my current car to put some money up for the Supra. Just waiting until Detroit reveal to see if Toyota or Gazoo got some panty dropping material.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
hmmm... Spilner, as in Brian Spilner from the Fast franchise.

so, Bryster as a nickname for Brian? I can see that... I was wondering why those comments in my thread seemed so familiar lol

EDIT: sure enough, Spilner was banned right before Bryster showed up. Good work, @2JZ-No-Sh*t
I've actually been wanting to delete that one
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.