Mods that have improved your times

Afterfire

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2006 S2000, 2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Any feedback on different pads from those who have competitive experience? Im using Carbotech XP20 f/r and I cant tell if its the spongy pedal taming the initial bite and consistent feel or pad characteristic on this chassis. I use xp20 fronts on my s2000 and love them. I see CSG pads being used most commonly but curious about their comparison. I dont want to change if the characteristic differences are negligible.

1st track event: TT @ NCCAR. I was totally stock with eibach fsb and endless rf650. Loved the car but I was still learning from being 3 weeks into ownership and I couldnt figure out how to turn off VSC. Other than that, we were at the pointy end of the field in the first session. It needed to ditch the Michelins, stock pads and find more negative front camber.

2nd track event: TNiA @ CMP. SPL LCA/Caster bushings/endlinks, Eibach FSB, HKS springs, Carbotech XP20 f/r, Endless rf660, 18x10 square with rt660's, catless dp, intake, jb4 on stock map. Such a more predictable car this time around with good tires, brakes and camber. The spongy brakes were very apparent but I impressed myself with the times I could put in consistently despite having a self inflicted braking issue for the last 2 of the 3 sessions. You also have to be proactive in preventing or dealing with fuel starvation I learned.

Next on the list to address are seat/harness, fuel starvation, more seat time.

if I were to give myself advice on the path for being decently competitive:
Seat time>Tires/alignment>Pads/fluid>Camber Plates/FSB>More Seat Time
Sponsored

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Any feedback on different pads from those who have competitive experience? Im using Carbotech XP20 f/r and I cant tell if its the spongy pedal taming the initial bite and consistent feel or pad characteristic on this chassis. I use xp20 fronts on my s2000 and love them. I see CSG pads being used most commonly but curious about their comparison. I dont want to change if the characteristic differences are negligible.

1st track event: TT @ NCCAR. I was totally stock with eibach fsb and endless rf650. Loved the car but I was still learning from being 3 weeks into ownership and I couldnt figure out how to turn off VSC. Other than that, we were at the pointy end of the field in the first session. It needed to ditch the Michelins, stock pads and find more negative front camber.

2nd track event: TNiA @ CMP. SPL LCA/Caster bushings/endlinks, Eibach FSB, HKS springs, Carbotech XP20 f/r, Endless rf660, 18x10 square with rt660's, catless dp, intake, jb4 on stock map. Such a more predictable car this time around with good tires, brakes and camber. The spongy brakes were very apparent but I impressed myself with the times I could put in consistently despite having a self inflicted braking issue for the last 2 of the 3 sessions. You also have to be proactive in preventing or dealing with fuel starvation I learned.

Next on the list to address are seat/harness, fuel starvation, more seat time.

if I were to give myself advice on the path for being decently competitive:
Seat time>Tires/alignment>Pads/fluid>Camber Plates/FSB>More Seat Time
Great info and feedback. Seems we are on similar setups and mod progression, but you have more currently into it than I do. Car is awesome to track, isn't it? It's very very quick.

Regarding brake feel, go with CFG. You will not be disappointed. Get the C21 front/C11 rear (or CE1 rear if you have the 3.0 Premium). I had spongy/soft brakes after a couple sessions when switching to grippier tires, better pads (CFG C21/C1), and Motul RBF660 brake fluid. I started getting nervous of losing my brakes so I switched to Castrol SRF and the problem went away. Much more consistent brake feel, great modulation, and control.

Have you had fuel starvation happen to you? Happened to me twice, it sucks. Let me know if you find out a good remedy that is relatively inexpensive.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
Iā€™m a new owner so I canā€™t speak as far the Supra goes, but I tracked my Camaro SS 1LE a ton at my home track Barber Motorsports Park.

The thing that made a massive difference was getting a ā€œtrack settingsā€ alignment. It was basically -2 front -1.5 rear camber. My PB at Barber dropped from a 1.41 to a 1.39. It fixed mid-corner understeer and allowed me to carry much higher speeds.
From what I understand you canā€™t adjust Supra camber with stock suspension so Iā€™ve been considering getting the Vorshlag camber plates, but Iā€™ve decided to wait until my first track day at Barber until I pull the trigger.

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Iā€™m a new owner so I canā€™t speak as far the Supra goes, but I tracked my Camaro SS 1LE a ton at my home track Barber Motorsports Park.

The thing that made a massive difference was getting a ā€œtrack settingsā€ alignment. It was basically -2 front -1.5 rear camber. My PB at Barber dropped from a 1.41 to a 1.39. It fixed mid-corner understeer and allowed me to carry much higher speeds.
From what I understand you canā€™t adjust Supra camber with stock suspension so Iā€™ve been considering getting the Vorshlag camber plates, but Iā€™ve decided to wait until my first track day at Barber until I pull the trigger.
The Vorschlag camber plates only give a you like a degree or two of adjustment. Same with the Verus one. Best to have this along with the SPL LCA for more adjustment.

ApexMissingApe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra (sold), BMW M550i, G8 GXP
The Vorschlag camber plates only give a you like a degree or two of adjustment. Same with the Verus one. Best to have this along with the SPL LCA for more adjustment.
Good to know! A couple of degrees would be enough for me. I wonā€™t run any crazy camber just for HPDE. If I donā€™t plan on doing more than -2 up front would I benefit from the new LCAs?

kurumi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Good to know! A couple of degrees would be enough for me. I wonā€™t run any crazy camber just for HPDE. If I donā€™t plan on doing more than -2 up front would I benefit from the new LCAs?
I am running I think -1.4 in the front and I donā€™t have the LCAs (yet).

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SPL LCA's are great. Highly recommend if you want more camber.

@Msoupe, I went with the aFe FSB. Getting it tomorrow and will most likely install it Saturday :) can't wait!

Next up is bucket seat/harness setup.

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Msoupe fyi I just installed the aFe front sway bar and it rubs more than the OEM front sway bar. Iā€™ll have to get adjustable end links either way. I could have gone Eibach and saved a few dollars. Probably wouldā€™ve rubbed just as much.

Photos of left and right attached.
6B4A637B-27E0-4FC4-805A-6E17B8734CAB.jpeg

4386B574-28CD-46C6-BA68-5D768CAF8EC4.jpeg

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
@Msoupe fyi I just installed the aFe front sway bar and it rubs more than the OEM front sway bar. Iā€™ll have to get adjustable end links either way. I could have gone Eibach and saved a few dollars. Probably wouldā€™ve rubbed just as much.

Photos of left and right attached.
6B4A637B-27E0-4FC4-805A-6E17B8734CAB.jpeg

4386B574-28CD-46C6-BA68-5D768CAF8EC4.jpeg
Did you mount the sway bar bushings as far forward as possible? I noticed mine slightly contacted the arms until I loosened the bushing brackets, shifted the bar all the way forward, then tightened the bushing brackets. Are you on the soft setting or stiff setting? Your first picture shows stiff and the other shows soft.

My bar is adjusted to the stiffest setting, so the end link is angled forward which rotates the bar slightly up and away from the arm too. I usually keep my front on the stiff setting. My end links are adjusted close to stock length. Adjusting the end links shorter could help if using the soft setting on the bar.

20211009_201456.jpg

Last edited:

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Grinding the edges down on the Eibach sway bar ends seems like the typical solution to clear the SPL arms.

20210929_090002.jpg

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Itā€™s on the stiffest setting (one photo was taken on the softest setting but has since been changed) and you know what, I didnā€™t even think about sliding it all the way forward and then tightening. Iā€™m sure that wouldā€™ve helped.

Not sure if Iā€™ll even want or need to now, as I have already ordered the end links and theyā€™ll be in this week. I have a track day in approximately 8 hours and need to sleep so Iā€™ll have to run with it as it is.

Thanks for the tips!

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Itā€™s on the stiffest setting (one photo was taken on the softest setting but has since been changed) and you know what, I didnā€™t even think about sliding it all the way forward and then tightening. Iā€™m sure that wouldā€™ve helped.

Not sure if Iā€™ll even want or need to now, as I have already ordered the end links and theyā€™ll be in this week. I have a track day in approximately 8 hours and need to sleep so Iā€™ll have to run with it as it is.

Thanks for the tips!
Good luck and have fun at your track day!

OP
OP
OneTimeAccount

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good luck and have fun at your track day!
Thank you! Just hoping the rubbing will be okay lol. Iā€™ve been told by 3 others it should be fine for the day so we shall see!
Sponsored