My New Exhaust Setup: Boostin Performance 4in Single Exit

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
Hello everyone, just wanted to give my overall review of this exhaust system since it doesn’t seem like there’s much info out there.
To start, I chose this exhaust based on Boostin Performance’s videos on YouTube. I wanted something that sounded smooth and more “JDM” than the other exhausts on the market that have a bit more aggressive and “Euro” tone. In addition, I loved the idea of a single exit and I was set on having a FULL 4in setup. The downpipe I am running is the Twisted Tuning modular DP, modified to be a full 4in with no step downs.

Shipping: Exhaust was purchased 5/19/21 and arrived at my house on 6/5/21 so 2.5 weeks between build/shipping time. Exhaust came well wrapped in a large box, though if I were being picky I’d like to see some more bracing inside the box to avoid the pieces moving around. The exhaust pieces were protected through individual wrapping but were quite mobile inside the box itself.

Fit and Finish: This is a SS setup. The pieces are nicely polished and welds are high quality. Definitely has that “hand-built”vibe to it and I appreciate the craftsmanship, especially the transitions between the oval and circular tubing. In hand, a full 4in exhaust is massive lol
The system also comes with a gloss carbon block off plate to place behind the hole for the passenger side oem exhaust tip that would no longer be in use. This plate is bracketed into an oem location and looks very nice.

Install: My biggest gripe with this exhaust was the install. Due to the fact that I needed the DP modified, I took the car to Ostar Motorsports in Orlando, FL to have the necessary pieces fabricated and the exhaust mounted. However, they ran into a major issue where the bracket provided by Boostin Performance to properly place the system in the exhaust tunnel was not positioned correctly and had to be modified by the fabricator to get the system to fit. The fabricator is a personal friend of Devin (the owner of BP) and highlighted what needed to be adjusted regarding the bracketing with Devin personally, so HOPEFULLY no future purchasers should have an issue. On top of all this, this exhaust hangs super low. The muffler is large and the space the exhaust takes up is immense. As such, I occasionally ever so slightly scrape on moderate speed bumps with a passenger (at stock height). It is very slight and very rare but it has happened once or twice. Otherwise, the looks exhaust looks incredible, with the block off plate finishing it off nicely imo.

Sound: Okay, so the part you really care about. First off, I own an untunable 21 and was coming from a 100% stock exhaust and untouched catalytic converter. The first cold start was quite brutal, I almost questioned if I made the right decision LOL
However once it idles down to the warm idle it’s quiet.
Driving normally the exhaust is ALWAYS present, especially considering the single exit is on the drivers side. But I like it, I think it fits how I view the car. It’s not my daily, and kind of my “racecar” if you will. At WOT it’s glorious. It’s loud but the tone is unmatched. It’s aggressive but has that JDM smoothness like a 2J/RB. It does drone around 2k rpms, but with the windows down it’s less drone and more exhaust noise… if that makes sense. Windows up it’s that classic cabin drone. Burbles are gunshots… lol
If I could tune out the burbles I’d do that immediately, I think they actually mask a lot of the tone that I want on decel. But, alas, I’ll have to wait until my ECU is tunable.

Conclusion: If you want the JDM sound, there’s really not many options out there. In fact, this is really the only exhaust I’ve heard that even comes close to sounding like a 2J, especially with the burbles turned off. The price of this setup is steep ($2500 for the catback and $500 for the DP before fabrication) and as such may not really be “worth it” to you in terms of cost. Another thing to consider is you will have to be very cautious with this exhaust if you are lowered. However, as I stated before, you can’t get this sound/look elsewhere. It hasn’t been a dreamy journey, but all in all I’m beyond happy with the setup.
Of course, video cant do it justice. Still, here’s a little clip for you:

BC081CD4-357F-4377-B4E2-B9D55EEAE4EB.jpeg

B34690A0-B1D4-4220-97FC-C1990C782FE6.jpeg

33322856-D9B4-4630-BDAB-D4B6728725DF.jpeg

36A776AB-CA53-427D-8CBD-D257C470F473.jpeg

5F67C013-DDAF-427F-97FB-690A5088AD4E.jpeg

D5591443-85BC-452D-96A3-7DF2AC9641E0.jpeg

87CAC4BC-BE1A-4C76-9299-DF03863E8ACE.jpeg

2DA99DAD-F277-4E37-A6E9-25C6B6FFC5BD.jpeg

2A24EAB8-F094-4563-9B8D-55FA201B8392.jpeg

21A3756E-1524-4945-A678-0D93F357AF56.jpeg

2E1DCF41-391A-4196-8CD2-6894F8FC85A4.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I loved how this sounded as well in the clips, but how low it looked in pictures, and your comment about it scraping at stock height has me really nervous, but it sounds so dang good. Sounds amazing!

OP
OP
jdbadb

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I loved how this sounded as well in the clips, but how low it looked in pictures, and your comment about it scraping at stock height has me really nervous, but it sounds so dang good. Sounds amazing!
thank you! Yes it really is a definite concern. But man I’d still pick this thing over anything else. I will try to get some high quality soundclips eventually!

OP
OP
jdbadb

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds decent, but damn - that is low low.
It is, I had springs for the car and everything… but now I think that’s a no go

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Just gotta get all the burps and pops tuned out!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
Ugh I know… trust me they’d be gone in a heartbeat if I had the ability to do so
Any tuner should be able to tune that out completely. (Unless you have a post 7/20 locked car ?)

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
Ran across your video on YouTube last night lol. I was torn between this and other exhausts for months and ultimately just purchased the VR Racing Titanium cat-back mostly for ground clearance and 2nd for sound. Had it not been for me living down a dirt road I would have gone with this setup. Looks and sounds fantastic!

OP
OP
jdbadb

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
jdbadb

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ran across your video on YouTube last night lol. I was torn between this and other exhausts for months and ultimately just purchased the VR Racing Titanium cat-back mostly for ground clearance and 2nd for sound. Had it not been for me living down a dirt road I would have gone with this setup. Looks and sounds fantastic!
Thank you sir! It is such a shame that the exhaust has that flaw because it is otherwise a dream. Be sure to post up clips of that VR Ti!

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I mean you could always go full blown ricer at this point. Like so....

JbhyFce.jpg

EziGR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
thank you! Yes it really is a definite concern. But man I’d still pick this thing over anything else. I will try to get some high quality soundclips eventually!
Im going to be lowered on RSR superdowns so that makes me way more nervous. Plenty of time to decide still. Want to get this catless downpipe first.
Sponsored