New Badge

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Still think it needs resin for a smooth dome finish..

But I can't see them while driving anyway so..
Sponsored

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The middle hole on the front is toward the bumper. OEM badges have a depression in the center, which doesn’t have any adhesive. Keep that in mind when removing them. I used thin nylon wire and a hair dryer to separate the adhesive, and a trim tool to pry out the pegs on the front (rear popped out easily). I used a piece of cardboard, with an oval cut out, to protect the paint on front and rear. I used a bit of the adhesive from one of the badges to roll away whatever adhesive stuck to the car (a trick I learned when I was a kid). It takes some time but it cleans up completely without chemicals. The black dots in the photos are bits of adhesive that I used to temporarily plug the holes.

27BDA776-42CB-475B-A417-BC8A0A81CEA0.jpeg
AEC482FA-9BC5-4B22-BC98-2B8236A16831.jpeg
How does the color match up with red? Trying to order a set in their next batch. Just wanted to check before ordering.

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
How does the color match up with red? Trying to order a set in their next batch. Just wanted to check before ordering.
I didn’t go with the custom badges mentioned in this thread. I very much dislike the Toyota logo. My wife once said it looks like Woody from Toy Story - I will never be able to unsee that. To me, that logo in any color or material is like lipstick on a pig.

I had these custom aluminum badges made:

1649300195166.jpeg

1649300224776.jpeg

They were pricey and took about three months to get them. For anyone interested, go to
billetbadges.com, fill out the form on their site and attach these photos so they know what design you’re inquiring about.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Cobra and 1998 Eclipse GSX.
I have to agree. I hate the Toyota logo badges and wish they could be removed and there would be no holes or indents in the body for a cleaner look.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have to agree. I hate the Toyota logo badges and wish they could be removed and there would be no holes or indents in the body for a cleaner look.
I've seen the removed and bondo'd or whatever, and it looks awful. Something there is better than nothing, but nearly anything is better than the factory badges.

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I didn’t go with the custom badges mentioned in this thread. I very much dislike the Toyota logo. My wife once said it looks like Woody from Toy Story - I will never be able to unsee that. To me, that logo in any color or material is like lipstick on a pig.

I had these custom aluminum badges made:

1649300195166.jpeg

1649300224776.jpeg

They were pricey and took about three months to get them. For anyone interested, go to
billetbadges.com, fill out the form on their site and attach these photos so they know what design you’re inquiring about.
that’s nice. Though, I prob Would have made the S Larger and cropped so it’s cut off. Actually thought about something similar a while back. Just couldn’t find anyone to make them.
not cheap anyway.

the Toyota logo isn’t bad Imo. Beats the help out of the one that’s on there now. Id prob get the “t” in white with the red back. I have the “Supra” emblem in white and the A91 like stripes in white on the side as well. So I kinda have this red and white theme going.

Eventually planning on getting a set of white Volk TE37 in white with red lettering.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
That’s nice. Though, I prob would have made the S Larger and cropped so it’s cut off. Actually thought about something similar a while back. Just couldn’t find anyone to make them. Not cheap anyway.
~ I had some similar overlay decals produced that worked well to keep the cost down.

26EB6012-9192-4D7C-B9CA-3A217DFAEB10.jpeg

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Hi guys I have a question for those of you who have take the trunk badge off, I was wondering if someone could measure the depth of the curvature on the underside of the badge.
I've tried to illustrate what I'm after in the attached drawing

Attachments

MyCorolla

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ICE
Hi guys I have a question for those of you who have take the trunk badge off, I was wondering if someone could measure the depth of the curvature on the underside of the badge.
I've tried to illustrate what I'm after in the attached drawing
Best I can measure, it’s 2mm to the top of the round knob in the center, which seems to be 0.5 mm in height. There’s also a less-than-half mm lip all around. The factory adhesive would cover that lip but leave the knob exposed since it has an oval cut-out in the center.

E2454737-2CCE-4815-8084-E5AE7B4E5D67.jpeg

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Best I can measure, it’s 2mm to the top of the round knob in the center, which seems to be 0.5 mm in height. There’s also a less-than-half mm lip all around. The factory adhesive would cover that lip but leave the knob exposed since it has an oval cut-out in the center.

E2454737-2CCE-4815-8084-E5AE7B4E5D67.jpeg
Thanks buddy👍😊👍