New rumors from C&D: 2020 Supra to get BMW inline six engine / B58 & S58 chat

If the new Supra does indeed come with a BMW motor, woud you still buy the car?

• Total voters

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
That's what happened with someone I know when I dropped my car off for maintenance, got a civic Type R. I say, oh man, did the dealership tried to screw you?

Said yep. Came in, tried to give me some Bs, told him that he should work on wall street with the corrupt politicking he trying and left. got called back, got the car jsut a hair below MSRP especially since it was the end of the month and he was the only one who'd be able to get the car off the lot.

I'm not saying that dealerships are scummy but I know for a fact they're going to try and pawn as much money as possible from unsuspecting indivdiuals.
Ya well I don't think this car is going to sell well to be honest. I'm only going to buy it if they sell it to me below invoice. I don't care if I have to wait another year for the next model also.
Sponsored

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ya well I don't think this car is going to sell well to be honest. I'm only going to buy it if they sell it to me below invoice. I don't care if I have to wait another year for the next model also.
I'm definitely not going to be able to afford this at my age and position. I say a couple years down the line, gonna try to snag a last year model or perhaps a used one if I'm lucky.

If I had the dough though, it'd probably be puchased day one.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealerships must not like you very much :D. I say this because I'm usually the same way when it comes to negotiating cars. The key is not being afraid to walk away.

Dealerships will add mark ups to this car up!!! Their goal is to milk as much money as they can from a car. They will use hype and the name to bring in as much as they can the first few months the car is released. A few months to a year past that is when negotiating can start taking place. Buying a car you want especially when you see it and drive it for the 1st time will make many pay the emotional price of what they are asking for sometimes even more. If you have the extra funds, more power to ya. I'm for one a cheap bastard + the more money I save the more I have to spend on mods or on something else.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
Dealerships must not like you very much :D. I say this because I'm usually the same way when it comes to negotiating cars. The key is not being afraid to walk away.

Dealerships will add mark ups to this car up!!! Their goal is to milk as much money as they can from a car. They will use hype and the name to bring in as much as they can the first few months the car is released. A few months to a year past that is when negotiating can start taking place. Buying a car you want especially when you see it and drive it for the 1st time will make many pay the emotional price of what they are asking for sometimes even more. If you have the extra funds, more power to ya. I'm for one a cheap bastard + the more money I save the more I have to spend on mods or on something else.
Reminds me of the quote:

“Desire makes slaves out of kings, while patience makes kings out of slaves.”

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Lots unknown still, especially when it comes to pricing. In Canada (BrettS Devon and other Canucks feel free to add) legally cant price over MSRP but I expect to pay full price, when it first arrives at dealers about a year from now. I am intrigued by Toyota options for tuning, exhaust etc., under warranty...

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
this is purely speculation, but while the output is 350hp it may entail overboost to 380hp.

I know there is a feature to increase tq, but generally overboost in a true sense would mean more power overall so im interested to see that play out.
Didn't Akio test it at 385? so what if it comes in at 355?

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I find a Detroit debut hard to believe, isn't that a dead motor show?
FT1 was unveiled at Detroit IIRC. Plus, if none of the Germans want to release things at Detroit, then the spotlight will fully be on the Supra. Seems like a win-win in that regard.

Also, It's not that far of a drive for me :p

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm really hoping we see the real deal before the year ends. LA auto show in November would be nice! They'll still have time after that to keep on testing it. Its just been time for them to show the world what this new Supra is all about.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Detroit does seem like a great venue for the Supra to shine and be the top dog (well in our eyes...) but thats not until Jan/19 so long too wait and keep interested...hope Toyota slowly releases phots and detials well before that...

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Any big mid-engined sports car is going to have that basic shape. C&D has a few renders that look pretty sweet.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
FT1 was unveiled at Detroit IIRC. Plus, if none of the Germans want to release things at Detroit, then the spotlight will fully be on the Supra. Seems like a win-win in that regard.

Also, It's not that far of a drive for me :p
The Germans will steal the show with online press releases.