new to mkv 2.0

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
This alone tells me you wont be happy with the 2.0

IMO the Supra isn't a light tossable car like an 86 or Miata where the lack of power can be made up for by the pure driving experience and handling characteristics.
I have 2.0, I used to have '16 Miata. The Supra isn't heavy but I agree with you completely. It isn't light either. The way I would describe it is "solid".
Sponsored

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I know someone within my group who's trading his 2.0 to get my buddy's 2020 LE. He was barely starting to crack into the 2.0, i coded sport plus and everything. But he's getting power hungry so that's why he's going 3.0 now.. this is the 3rd 2.0 owner i've known/ heard of trading in his 2.0 for the big boys.

I've owned an Evo X before the Supra too. Yeah, evos are powerful but now that i own the Supra, i'm starting to realize that after being $1k in performance mods into the Supra, it would blow my FBO, built block (stock sleeves), cammed, FP red, E85 evo x (high 400hp~low 500hp) with just an E30 OTS map. My evo was no slouch neither, but let's say i was a little butt hurt knowing how much i money and time i put into the Evo only to get walked by a Supra on a DP and tune.. 😂

But straying off topic, just get the 3.0. In the 2.0, you'll get used to the power REAL quick and realize you'll need to mod it to satisfy your needs... then you'll be in the hole and now wanting to trade in for a 3.0. Just skip the stepping stone.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have 2.0, I used to have '16 Miata. The Supra isn't heavy but I agree with you completely. It isn't light either. The way I would describe it is "solid".
Yeah exactly, the Supra doesn't have that same nibble go kart feeling like my FRS did.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I know someone within my group who's trading his 2.0 to get my buddy's 2020 LE. He was barely starting to crack into the 2.0, i coded sport plus and everything. But he's getting power hungry so that's why he's going 3.0 now.. this is the 3rd 2.0 owner i've known/ heard of trading in his 2.0 for the big boys.

I've owned an Evo X before the Supra too. Yeah, evos are powerful but now that i own the Supra, i'm starting to realize that after being $1k in performance mods into the Supra, it would blow my FBO, built block (stock sleeves), cammed, FP red, E85 evo x (high 400hp~low 500hp) with just an E30 OTS map. My evo was no slouch neither, but let's say i was a little butt hurt knowing how much i money and time i put into the Evo only to get walked by a Supra on a DP and tune.. 😂

But straying off topic, just get the 3.0. In the 2.0, you'll get used to the power REAL quick and realize you'll need to mod it to satisfy your needs... then you'll be in the hole and now wanting to trade in for a 3.0. Just skip the stepping stone.
Lmao this is EXACTLY how I feel haha my 8 was cammed with an fp black on 91 and made 465awhp and I can make that with a tune and dp on the Supra lmao

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao this is EXACTLY how I feel haha my 8 was cammed with an fp black on 91 and made 465awhp and I can make that with a tune and dp on the Supra lmao
Lmao, i want another Evo, they're awesome to drive in FBO/ tune form, but when you start making that pow pow, better have tools on stand by. 😂😂😂 i just want an Evo IX RS as a daily/ cruiser and ya boi will be content with life. At the moment at least 😂😂

Evo owners unite! @Evolution @SuupYota and whoever else haha

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
If you were already making 360 with your Evo X and you have the financial means, just go straight for the 3.0.
The 2.0 is a great confidence builder when coming from less powered platforms like an 86 or Miata but I have the sense you'll feel the need for more power right away.
Me personally will likely join the club and trade the 2.0 for a 3.0 but I'll wait a couple of years to see what Toyota has in store for the final production years, like a facelift or something.

s0_Salty-

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, 09 STi, 2019 Subaru Ascent
Lmao, i want another Evo, they're awesome to drive in FBO/ tune form, but when you start making that pow pow, better have tools on stand by. 😂😂😂 i just want an Evo IX RS as a daily/ cruiser and ya boi will be content with life. At the moment at least 😂😂

Evo owners unite! @Evolution @SuupYota and whoever else haha
I still have my STi and I had plans on doing IAG built motor but once I bought my wife's 3.0 that shattered it even with a built ej motor it won't break 400 whp without spending more than 16k that's including the cost of the built motor and the reliability is pretty much up in the air.

I say if you want to build the car get the 3.0 with just a dp and a tune you'll be in high 300 to low 400whp. I told my wife I won't mod the car, I sure ate those words lol

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I really enjoyed the B48 platform for about a year. With Jesse Dabear's tune on the JB4 and running E30, we made some great gains in performance (4 seconds flat to sixty and high to mid 12 seconds in the quarter mile). Next up would have been meth injection and that's about the time we got an offer for MSRP on our 2.0. While I was torn on the decision, I knew I would eventually want more power and more headroom in that department, so we traded for a red 2021 3.0 Premium.

It's definitely a much stronger car, especially with Toyota sandbagging the actual power numbers. I'll simply be going with a strong 93 Pro Tune from Jesse on this one, as even an E30 map will be a bit too much TQ for someone that really enjoy the twisties and mountain roads like myself. It would be way too tail happy for my liking, LOL.

Go with what your gut tells you. With your modded Evo X background (I had a FBO one as well, tuned at Forged Performance in Atlanta), I think if you can swing it, go for the B58. But for those that can't afford that price jump, the 2.0 is still a very capable platform that will surprise many on the gains when properly modified and tuned.

Here is my build thread on the 2.0 if you wanna see my journey with the B48 ;b

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/supra-2-0-r-r8ted-build-e30-protune-dabears-and-jb4.11009/

mokleen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
im about to get the 22 gr supra 2.0 tomorrow on turbulence gray for43k new.any suggestions?
i dont race but i dont want to have a regret after a couple of months that i should have went with
the 3.0.any piece of advice would be appreciated.thank in advance.
dont get a 2.0

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
OP your asking the wrong question.

What do you want to drive. Do not ask what people think. Your only going to get opinions on what they like not you. DO yourself a favor. Drive what you like. Never decide based on fan inputs on a forum.

I had a 2.0. Its a great daily do it all fun sportscar. Never left me feeling slow. Again that is subjective. It will get you into jail speeds nearly as quick as a 3.0. Sure you give up a few tenths. Will you lose sleep over that? That is what a test is for.

The 2.0 has a superb ride, corners well and does what a sportscar should do. If you want a touch more nimble then BRZ it is. You give up power and refinement for that. I research a car on a forum but never ask what model I should own. Good luck. I will miss my 2.0. Was a superb car. Faster is just that and not always better either.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
Maybe drive both if possible? I’ve never experienced a 2.0 but the 3.0 is definitely fast. If you don’t care for the power, go for the 2.0. At the end of the day, if you want aesthetics, you can mod any Supra to look amazing
This. Drive both and you’ll have your answer if you’ll be satisfied with the B48.

But for what it’s worth, there are folks that went from 2.0 to 3.0, but I have not heard of anyone trading in the 3.0 for a 2.0.

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
This. Drive both and you’ll have your answer if you’ll be satisfied with the B48.

But for what it’s worth, there are folks that went from 2.0 to 3.0, but I have not heard of anyone trading in the 3.0 for a 2.0.
I see people trading up from a 3.0 to porsche, vette, "real bmw", etc

people always want more.
Sponsored