New Toyota Supra will reportedly launch at Geneva Motor Show (per Auto Express)

Anyone going to the New York Auto Show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Our hopes are for something as soon as NYIAS (New York, end of this month). Top Gear reported NAIAS (Detroit, Jan 2019). Let's just hope and pray Top Gear mistook NYIAS for NAIAS.

From my understanding of all the news/reports/rumors/speculation, we're supposed to be getting actual deliveries of Z4s and Supras by the end of this year (2018) for the 2019 model year. A 2020 model year would be awfully far away.

solidsamir

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
sold
From my understanding of all the news/reports/rumors/speculation, we're supposed to be getting actual deliveries of Z4s and Supras by the end of this year (2018) for the 2019 model year. A 2020 model year would be awfully far away.
I've been reading the news for a while and do not recall anything saying end of this year. I'm pretty sure production was rumored to begin in 2019.

Introducing a sports car in the winter makes no sense.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Oh cool! Thx

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why would unveil make sense in March 2018 if they won''t sell the car until, lets guess, April 2019?
It is just too early IMHO.

With 86/BRZ:
Dec 2011 - production unveil in Tokyo
Feb 2012 - assembled first cars
April 2012 -first deliveries to customers

If they use the same timeline with the Supra - NAIAS in Jan 2019 for production unveil - deliveries 5 months later.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Lexus LC500 debut was in January 2016 with production models showing up at dealership late Spring of 2017 as MY 2018. If Toyota is planning to have the Supra in dealerships Spring time of next year it would make sense for a debut at the NY auto show or sometime this year.

Sunspot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like big rear ends and I cannot lie.
Moderators....hypothetically speaking, if Toyota does not debut the production car at NYIAS and a user of the forum were to just plain go bat shit crazy and post a bunch of cuss words would this be cause for a temporary ban or a permanent ban?..hypothetically speaking...asking for a friend.

Scino

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 WRX Limited, 2015 GLA250 AMG Sport
Should reveal in New York in a couple week, and details of specs start to emerge as time progresses close to launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.