New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
I am, however, okay with a BMW bottom end and a Toyota top end with accessories. I am still hoping for a curb weight of between 3,050-3,200 lbs.
I didnt realize the potential of this. BMW iron block with toyota top.

This WOULD BE AMAZING.

YEE Toyota. Do This.
Sponsored

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
The Supra can not have rear biased weight distribution like a Cayman, because it has no transaxle. And it can not have a lower CoG because it has no dry sump.

OP
OP
Guff

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
The Supra can not have rear biased weight distribution like a Cayman, because it has no transaxle. And it can not have a lower CoG because it has no dry sump.
If I remember correctly, the FRS already has a lower CoG than a Cayman. And if Tada san says it's lower than that, then color me impressed...

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I think it would look like that, had they stayed with the GT 2+2 frame work. I kind of feel like we are getting a Supra name, but maybe influenced more by the 2000GT. Just my opinion.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
If I remember correctly, the FRS already has a lower CoG than a Cayman. And if Tada san says it's lower than that, then color me impressed...
Yup. Here are Tada's original quotes to reference my previous post:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/12-things-learned-next-gen-toyota-supra/

Perfect Balance

Weight balance will be perfect 50:50 front-to-rear. Prior to taking up the A90 Supra project, Tada-san was chief engineer on the Toyota-Subaru 2+2 sports car project that led to the Toyota 86/Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ triplets. As you know, that project was powered by a four-cylinder boxer engine supplied by Subaru; and the flat layout of the boxer provided a handling advantage. But it was also a bit too front heavy, says Tada-san. In our testing, we found that a manual-transmission 2013 Scion FR-S weighed 2,737 pounds, with a 55/45 percent front/rear weight distribution. “For Supra, we made sure that there a perfect balance in terms of weight. 50-50,” says Tada-san.
Lower Center of Gravity Than a Toyota 86

Center of gravity will be lower than Toyota 86, but we don’t know how Tada-san will get there. As mentioned above, Tada claims the flat layout of the boxer-four engine gave his Toyota 86 a handling advantage by helping to keep mass, and thus the center of gravity, low. In fact, during the launch of the Toyota GT86 and Scion FR-S, it was claimed the boxer engine sat only 0.6 inches higher than the engine in the LFA. Tada says, the Supra’s center of gravity will go even lower than the 86/FR-S, and if the Gazoo Racing Supra concept’s dimensions are a guide, he is off to a good start.
DOUBLE the 86’s Body Rigidity

The Supra will have double the body rigidity of the 86. “Another important goal we have as we are preparing the production version of this car is that we will have two-fold increase in body rigidity compared to GT86,” said Tada-san. He just offered this one up; we didn’t even have to ask.

flashpoint712

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Golf IV
I think it would look like that, had they stayed with the GT 2+2 frame work. I kind of feel like we are getting a Supra name, but maybe influenced more by the 2000GT. Just my opinion.
Would there be enough space for an adult in the back?
I mean I have only my little Golf an see rarely any 2+2 coupes. So it's hard for me to imagine the space in the back.
I would prefer a 2+2 setup just for the possibility to have the two extra seats when we travel in bigger groups.
But that train has left the station.

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
T
The Mk4 was influenced by the 2000GT. Toyota's top tier sports cars have almost always been.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none

Speaking of 2000GTs, i just saw one...most heavenly exhaust note i have ever heard

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Would there be enough space for an adult in the back?
I mean I have only my little Golf an see rarely any 2+2 coupes. So it's hard for me to imagine the space in the back.
I would prefer a 2+2 setup just for the possibility to have the two extra seats when we travel in bigger groups.
But that train has left the station.
I doubt it, even the MKIV, adults in the back wouldn't have really worked. The few times I've had to get in the back, I had to sit sideways. So, if it was made with a +2, it's just enough room for smaller people(kids and vertically challenged adults). I mean there are plenty of 2+2 couples out there, to get an idea...G37/Q60, GT86, Mustang, etc.

The Mk4 was influenced by the 2000GT. Toyota's top tier sports cars have almost always been.
Correct, however, the Supra is GT car, not necessarily a " true sports car". All generations of the Supra have had a 2+2 design. I don't have any issue with it being a 2 seater, I'm simply replying to why it doesn't have the extra room.

Speaking of 2000GTs, i just saw one...most heavenly exhaust note i have ever heard
Nice, definitely a rare occasion. Would love to have one, like anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.