New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
I wonder if there's a possibility that the digital clusters from Lexus F-Sport vehicles find their way to the MKV?

Last edited:

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Not only that, but look at the number of posts he has lol. Sorry, I don't actually have anything to contribute other than that. But I will say, I think the hype is beginning to die for me. I feel like I might be smarter to just buy the M240i with a stick.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Not only that, but look at the number of posts he has lol. Sorry, I don't actually have anything to contribute other than that. But I will say, I think the hype is beginning to die for me. I feel like I might be smarter to just buy the M240i with a stick.
Or an M2, stick.

Nic.CH

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris GRMN, Toyota Corolla Levin 1600 GT (AE86), Toyota GT86
Toyota Swiss (no sweden ) annonced New supra springs 2019. Possible Geneva 2019 ??

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Swiss (no sweden ) annonced New supra springs 2019. Possible Geneva 2019 ??
It is written early 2019.
But as the z4 will be officially show Sunday this will probably be before 2019.

CantEven_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Cayman GT4
Just finished my registration for SEMA! I'll keep a look out if this "tradeshow" is indeed the US unveiling. If it is hopefully its an actual US spec production car (with production paint) and not the Camo'd one making the rounds.

JP_Supra

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV
Just finished my registration for SEMA! I'll keep a look out if this "tradeshow" is indeed the US unveiling. If it is hopefully its an actual US spec production car (with production paint) and not the Camo'd one making the rounds.
Get some good pics brotha, especially one of the wheel well, if it comes with a fender lip from the factory. :drive:

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
it'll probably be 350 HP with +30 overboost functionality (sourced from BMW).

3100 to 3200 lbs is the dream. But, realistically, I believe it is going to be 3400 lbs.

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
it'll probably be 350 HP with +30 overboost functionality (sourced from BMW).

3100 to 3200 lbs is the dream. But, realistically, I believe it is going to be 3400 lbs.
Idk why the Supra wouldnā€™t have the same 380HP that the NA version of the Z4 is supposedly getting. But who knows, maybe they do want the Z4 to be ā€œbetterā€ than the Supra.

If it weighs over 3400lbs then Iā€™m probably out haha.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Idk why the Supra wouldnā€™t have the same 380HP that the NA version of the Z4 is supposedly getting. But who knows, maybe they do want the Z4 to be ā€œbetterā€ than the Supra.

If it weighs over 3400lbs then Iā€™m probably out haha.
Well, since they are sourcing the engine from BMW, they might source other things like the "over boost." I assuming it is just a marketing gig.
Check out the BMW website. It tells you more about the over boost thing.

Realistically, 3,400 lb isnt bad for most consumers because almost 90% of buyers are going to use this as a highway cruiser. Most, people are going to daily this and torque is all everyone needs to feel fast. Next is the how hard the car can pull at highway speeds.

I think that if this car were to ever weigh around 3600 -3900 lbs then this car is absolutely not worth it. That will reach into RCF territory and that is something I am heavily considering right now since they have been on a diet (~200lbs?).

What worries me now most about this car is competition. It really needs to step up. It basically is outclassed in every category (from speculations) from the time it will be released --> DOA

tha7osavage

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Well, since they are sourcing the engine from BMW, they might source other things like the "over boost." I assuming it is just a marketing gig.
Check out the BMW website. It tells you more about the over boost thing.

Realistically, 3,400 lb isnt bad for most consumers because almost 90% of buyers are going to use this as a highway cruiser. Most, people are going to daily this and torque is all everyone needs to feel fast. Next is the how hard the car can pull at highway speeds.

I think that if this car were to ever weigh around 3600 -3900 lbs then this car is absolutely not worth it. That will reach into RCF territory and that is something I am heavily considering right now since they have been on a diet (~200lbs?).

What worries me now most about this car is competition. It really needs to step up. It basically is outclassed in every category (from speculations) from the time it will be released --> DOA
I agree about the competition part. If itā€™s gonna be based around 48k-64k, itā€™ll definitely have to be special in order to compete with that type of market. Thatā€™s why a sub-3100lb car with 380 hp and torque to match it would be absolutely killer. Anything less, and there are a lot of cars out there that will be more appealing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.