New (Unconfirmed) Details and Specifications of US-Spec MKV Supra:

Would you consider a single trim, 350hp, 3300lbs/1500kg luxury A90 Supra at $60k+?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Asked about the composite roof, and apparently that has been reserved for something above the base car... The reason I asked was Tada said in an interview that the car was composed of only steel and aluminum which runs contrary to something he told me in the past.

So either the carbon top couldn't meet safety regs or it's going to be on the higher trim like the RC-F carbon package.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
One other thing that has to be confirmed: vertical (Toyota) or slanted (BMW) I6 placement?

I prefer vertical. Hood line is anyway not as low as Honda S2000.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Asked about the composite roof, and apparently that has been reserved for something above the base car... The reason I asked was Tada said in an interview that the car was composed of only steel and aluminum which runs contrary to something he told me in the past.

So either the carbon top couldn't meet safety regs or it's going to be on the higher trim like the RC-F carbon package.
Thats what would I like to know, what are the different trims, what ia in each, and when are they available, for ex. Intially just a basic trim, lower hp, non cf roof...

NewQ

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7 STINGRAY
Vehicle Showcase
Is the new Supra supposed to be in the level on a GTR??

"Heaving aside the street drag race credits, if you really boil it down to stock vs stock, the two cars are very different in approach and focus this time.

The GT-R is a heavy-weight monster with big power, meats of tires, and sophisticated electronics to govern all that in mad science art, and that is how it gets a big car hauled around a race course with speed. It depends on the digital as well as raw abundance of grip and power.

The new A90 is the sort of the car where simplicity, and lack of weight, and with just rear wheels driven is the accolade and virtue. The expense is in the honing of details and use of advanced materials to reduce weights and refine the mechanical analog part of the car.
Produces the same lap time, with more efficiency and less consumables taken, and with more freedom for the drivers to choose lines and apexes.
One could say that the A90 is leaning more european in approach, while the GTR is more American, optimized for what performance car buyers tend to see in cars? Maybe.

There is only really preference."

Toyota is also testing at the Toyota's Hokkaido Shibetsu Test Area to keep the final A90 away from the public.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...a3189fab22f5ec!8m2!3d44.1855673!4d142.2187216

Although light and 350 hp seems fast, it is fast .... In today's world Really Fast European cars are Mclaren, Ferrari, Jaguar, PORSCHE or any VW variable IN BETWEEN 500hp and or over.

A Focus RS, TT RS, will destroy a 350 Supra Anytime
Lets not get started...This is 2020 we're talking???

ruff, ruff:bump: MIATA MIATA MIATA:bump:

:rofl:AMG

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Although light and 350 hp seems fast, it is fast .... In today's world Really Fast European cars are Mclaren, Ferrari, Jaguar, PORSCHE or any VW variable IN BETWEEN 500hp and or over.

A Focus RS, TT RS, will destroy a 350 Supra Anytime
the -3450lb- Focus RS does 0-60 in 4.6s and 13.4 for the 1/4mile, this will not "destroy" the supra in any possible comparison. the RS needs at least 400HP to have same perf/lbs ratio.

TT RS (3277lbs) is more inline with 3.4/11.9 respectively. albeit being 150lbs heavier AND lacking in torque (354lbs vs rumored 390lbs for the A90).

finally...... McLaren...Ferrari? wtf?

NewQ

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7 STINGRAY
Vehicle Showcase
You sure never driven a 4WD rallie car

The focus based on a rear traction will destroy a the BASE 350hp supra any time on a track

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
You sure never driven a 4WD rallie car

The focus based on a rear traction will destroy a the BASE 350hp supra any time on a track
^_^.....have had a Silver '11 EVO X MR since it was new, 110k kms on the odo now....all sorts of mods to make it killer AutoX machine.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^_^.....have had a Silver '11 EVO X MR since it was new, 110k kms on the odo now....all sorts of mods to make it killer AutoX machine.
Let the newcomer dream and believe the RS is a better or more fun car cause specs apparently is the final answer on a car.

Just like people saying why get miata/86 when I get a mustang with so and so hp for same price?

The purpose of the car went over their heads.

NewQ

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7 STINGRAY
Vehicle Showcase
the -3450lb- Focus RS does 0-60 in 4.6s and 13.4 for the 1/4mile, this will not "destroy" the supra in any possible comparison. the RS needs at least 400HP to have same perf/lbs ratio.

TT RS (3277lbs) is more inline with 3.4/11.9 respectively. albeit being 150lbs heavier AND lacking in torque (354lbs vs rumored 390lbs for the A90).

finally...... McLaren...Ferrari? wtf?

McLaren...Ferrari? wtf?

:thumbsup: Race Track: Time will prove how a 350 supra will get smashed by any Amg A class, Focus RS, TT RS, next WRX STI...

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Let the newcomer dream and believe the RS is a better or more fun car cause specs apparently is the final answer on a car.

Just like people saying why get miata/86 when I get a mustang with so and so hp for same price?

It's actually an old tale. In 1986 a Ford Mustang 5.0 (4.9L V8, 200 hp, 265 ft-lb, 3000 lb) MSRP was about the same or less than an AE86 Corolla GT-S (1.6L L4, 112hp, 97 ft-lb, 2350 lb).

Jeff

Last edited:

NewQ

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C7 STINGRAY
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, I spoke about Fun :lol:MIATA MIATA

NewComer ? Respect your eldery! Only if the GR comes (ejaculates), which I suspect it will come at some point with M power

Muscle cars today are much different .... They are sport cars today, you'll be surprised on how a 350R or camaro lt1 1le will smash a an M4, Porche lesser than a Turbo S, ...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.