Next Part Steps...

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I've had a lot of amazing information from this forum, the Visconti team, and Justin @ Twisted Tuning.
With that said I'm a little big foggy on what I SHOULD be doing next to the car to achieve my goals.

Current Build:
  • Titan 4 inch catless DP
  • FTP charge pipe
  • Injen CAI
  • Visconti Flex Fuel Kit w/ Ethanol Sensor
  • Visconti FEMTO Unlocked ECU (not cloned)
  • MHD Stage 2 E40 OTS Tune
Current Thoughts/Goals:
  • I have the option to buy a 2017 FBO E85 GTR making approx: 630 whp & 500 wtq (According to the dealer/papers I've seen) but I'd REALLY like to stick to the Supra.
    • I believe I can be faster than that GTR for less money, but I'm unsure how much further I can take my car with what is available for my year.
  • Anywhere in the 9 second 1/4 preferable.
    • Which if I'm not mistaken is somewhere around the 650-700 whp/600 wtq range.
  • Rarely am I doing anything other than roll races except on a few weekends the car is tracked (drag and track are available near me).
  • I would rather go with a smaller turbo that achieves my goals and spools quick to reduce the annoyance of needed a longer period of buildup on the street. This is less of an issue when on a dragstrip.
Current Possible Plans:
  • Transmission
    • Stage 0 Pure Solutions (LINK)
      • Seems to support my 700whp goal, but it's at the upper limits technically. Thoughts?
    • Stage 1 Pure Solutions (LINK)
    • Any other options I should be aware of? I know I'm pretty maxed out on my current setup for the stock trans.
  • Turbo Upgrade
    • Pure 800
      • Not sure this will get me to the goal I'm wanting (650whp - 700whp).
    • P2uned A90 Supra Turbo Kit (G30-900 OR Xona X OR G30-770 (not sure you can get this with the kit though)))
      • Scared of the lag this might introduce being a top mount & it seems overkill for what I'm trying to achieve.
    • Anything else? I'm open to anything that makes sense for the 650 whp - 700 whp range.
  • Fueling
    • Sticking with E40?
      • Should I go any higher?
    • Visconti A90 / A91 Supra Sequential Port Injection Kit (This comes with the Motiv Reflex needed to control this)
      • Boost Logic ID1050X?
        • Not sure on which injector rail I would actually need.
      • Boost Logic FIC 660cc?
        • Not sure on which injector rail I would actually need.
    • Visconti A90 / A91 STG1 Fuel System Upgrade
      • At what point is this needed?
  • Cooling
    • Probably the thing I've had the least experience in up until this point. At what point does the OEM become an issue?
  • Tuning
    • What all is possible with the FEMTO unlocked ECU (not cloned)? I know I can do a custom MHD tune, but can it support the above? I don't mind not having rolling antilag/full flex fuel/map switching as long as the above can be tuned for.
Summary:
I'm looking for the next steps to go with this car and I'm not entirely sure about what the right direction is.
I could see Pure 800, stage 0 trans, and the port injection being all I pretty much need but I'm not entirely sure. There is a lot of information on these forums and elsewhere online that has me conflicted on the best direction. I'm trying to figure out what exactly I need to do to my car to make keeping the Supra make a lot more sense than switching to the GTR I mentioned at the start of this in the Current Thoughts/Goals section in regards to street speed & reliability. Considering the GTR costs about $50,000 more and the car is pretty comparable in terms of speed right now I'd like to be able to blow that car out of the water and finalize my decision of keeping the Supra. (Like the Supra more, but I'm not sure how limited I am with a custom MHD tune and current available parts).

Thanks for any help you can provide, and I know a lot of this information might be spread out in the forums but the moment I think I'm sure about a direction I read something else that takes me back 2 steps.
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You're a little stuck with the typical routes because Femto unlock vs. clone. You won't be able to run flex or port injection with the other platforms in their current state. You're only able to update calibration tables.

Get a higher flowing turbo (Pure or CTS) and trans, and tune for E50. Get an EOS Intake manifold as well. You don't need to change your tune or anything for cooler air.

OP
OP
Broc_

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're a little stuck with the typical routes because Femto unlock vs. clone. You won't be able to run flex or port injection with the other platforms in their current state. You're only able to update calibration tables.

Get a higher flowing turbo (Pure or CTS) and trans, and tune for E50. Get an EOS Intake manifold as well. You don't need to change your tune or anything for cooler air.
That was what I was scared of since finding an unlocked ECU to clone is super difficult. I have a friend with a fully unlocked ECU that is stock on his Supra but getting his ECU from his daily is a stretch.

I was under the impression if you ran the motiv reflex with the visconti kit you could still do port injection via that controller, but that's super unfortunate that I was wrong.

Since I'm 6 Port I believe the CTS isn't available. So if I went Pure 800, upgraded trans, & e50 tune would I not see fueling issues without port injection?

As an estimate how close is that putting me to my goals? With and without the manifold?

Also the EOS Intake manifold isn't something I've seen mentioned a lot. What is the benefit vs stock? I know more power, and cooler temps but I'm still super early on in my learning experience with this car.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

Curious, you wouldn't see any benefit from tailoring your tune after putting an EOS (the one I'm looking at buying) manifold on a car? I guess this makes sense (i.e., it's just colder air), but I've always assumed that to take full advantage one would need to re-baseline their ECU/JB4 tune. I've put off buying one for my untunable '21.

OP
OP
Broc_

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Curious, you wouldn't see any benefit from tailoring your tune after putting an EOS (the one I'm looking at buying) manifold on a car? I guess this makes sense (i.e., it's just colder air), but I've always assumed that to take full advantage one would need to re-baseline their ECU/JB4 tune. I've put off buying one for my untunable '21.
Kind of the question I'm not sure about is...outside of just cooler temps how useful is one with only being able to update calibration tables?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kind of the question I'm not sure about is...outside of just cooler temps how useful is one with only being able to update calibration tables?
Zero tune adjustment at all. Bolt-on and colder.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was under the impression if you ran the motiv reflex with the visconti kit you could still do port injection via that controller, but that's super unfortunate that I was wrong.
Reflex is typically controlled by RaceROM in Ecutek.

Since I'm 6 Port I believe the CTS isn't available. So if I went Pure 800, upgraded trans, & e50 tune would I not see fueling issues without port injection?
550-600 before fuel issues. You can do it.

OP
OP
Broc_

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Reflex is typically controlled by RaceROM in Ecutek.

550-600 before fuel issues. You can do it.
It almost sounds like it isn't worth doing much more without the cloned ECU for port injection since I'd need probably 650-700 to meet my goals of outdoing the GTR, correct? Or is the 550-600 on e50, pure 800, and the trans upgrade all I'd actually need for that goal? Thank you a lot for answering my questions. It really has helped clear some stuff up by the way.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It almost sounds like it isn't worth doing much more without the cloned ECU for port injection since I'd need probably 650-700 to meet my goals of outdoing the GTR, correct? Or is the 550-600 on e50, pure 800, and the trans upgrade all I'd actually need for that goal? Thank you a lot for answering my questions. It really has helped clear some stuff up by the way.
GTRs are heavy as fuck. You don't need to match HP. Get used to the car, take it to some tracks, and make modest improvements as time goes on. If you come across an unlocked ECU (someone on here just found one), you can give that to visconti, and you should be able to clone without everything going back to Finland. Something to keep in mind.

OP
OP
Broc_

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTRs are heavy as fuck. You don't need to match HP. Get used to the car, take it to some tracks, and make modest improvements as time goes on. If you come across an unlocked ECU (someone on here just found one), you can give that to visconti, and you should be able to clone without everything going back to Finland. Something to keep in mind.
I suppose the issue is I have the funds so I hate feeling stuck. What it sounds like I should do is Pure 800, trans upgrade, and e50 custom tune. Once I can get a cloned ECU I'll add port injection to go above e50 and the intake manifold then get a custom ecutek tune which should put me around my goals. 2 step process since who knows when I'll find an ECU. Sound reasonable? Or am I completely off base there.

I have a friend with an unlocked ECU on his Supra that he daily drives. Is it a feasible thing to swap ECUs and have his cloned with my ECU information and mine setup to work with his, or does it need to come from a supra that doesn't need an ECU anymore (such as totaled)?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I suppose the issue is I have the funds so I hate feeling stuck. What it sounds like I should do is Pure 800, trans upgrade, and e50 custom tune. Once I can get a cloned ECU I'll add port injection to go above e50 and the intake manifold then get a custom ecutek tune which should put me around my goals. 2 step process since who knows when I'll find an ECU. Sound reasonable? Or am I completely off base there.

I have a friend with an unlocked ECU on his Supra that he daily drives. Is it a feasible thing to swap ECUs and have his cloned with my ECU information and mine setup to work with his, or does it need to come from a supra that doesn't need an ECU anymore (such as totaled)?
The problem is getting his car running. You'd have to clone his ECU to yours. You can't.. at least I don't believe you can.

Your plan sounds generally good; no reason not to do it that way. You can also do the intake manifold as soon as you're ready. You can do it without port.

OP
OP
Broc_

Broc_

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The problem is getting his car running. You'd have to clone his ECU to yours. You can't.. at least I don't believe you can.

Your plan sounds generally good; no reason not to do it that way. You can also do the intake manifold as soon as you're ready. You can do it without port.
I'll definitely do the intake manifold also then. How much benefit will I see from the intake manifold in regards to performance/reliability?

I love the Supra so having a solid game plan definitely makes things easier. The idea of switching to the GTR is that I wouldn't be stuck while trying to hit my goal even if it costed more money but I think the Supra is the better bet long term that I'll get more out of.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll definitely do the intake manifold also then. How much benefit will I see from the intake manifold in regards to performance/reliability?
Significant if you buy a high quality one, EOS is where it's at. Keep IATs around ambient + 20f nearly always.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Skip the pure. They are junk. While it may get you there there have been so many with issues trying to get there with the pures.

If you are really on a budget just slap a bottle on and you can run 9s aswell

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Skip the pure. They are junk. While it may get you there there have been so many with issues trying to get there with the pures.

If you are really on a budget just slap a bottle on and you can run 9s aswell
Homie isn't on a budget, he's only Femto unlocked.
Sponsored