NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

Tripjammer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium 3.0
Mine is scheduled for tomorrow will let y’all know!
Sponsored

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Dropped my car off an hour ago. They were nice enough to get me into a loaner (massive 4 runner but I guess it guzzles gas just as much lol), and called me an hour later to tell me the Supra Tech cannot access the database to get to the software update for the car. So he's gotta call tech support. LOL.

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
Okay, so here is my experience with the recall. I took it in, they asked me before they started if I was tuned, since the flash would wipe it. They did the flash, took quite a while, like several hours. But I ended up with full screen carplay. I will have to go back in and do some of my Bimmercode settings, but not all of them, it kept some of them. The mirrors still fold in, it remembers to keep auto start off, but a lot of other things are gone, like keeping it in Sport mode, Sport + is gone again…. But no big deal I can redo all that easy!

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Okay, so here is my experience with the recall. I took it in, they asked me before they started if I was tuned, since the flash would wipe it. They did the flash, took quite a while, like several hours. But I ended up with full screen carplay. I will have to go back in and do some of my Bimmercode settings, but not all of them, it kept some of them. The mirrors still fold in, it remembers to keep auto start off, but a lot of other things are gone, like keeping it in Sport mode, Sport + is gone again…. But no big deal I can redo all that easy!
I'll bet whoever that is selling full screen carplay is pissed...

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Also confirming full screen carplay. Also the HUD carplay text got updated a bit? I dropped my car off yesterday morning and didn't get it back for 24-26 hours.

I also took my girlfriend's 2.0 in at the same time, and apparently this recall doesn't apply. A different recall for passenger seatbelt retractor did apply to only hers, but there's no fix yet, which I didn't know about.

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Also confirming full screen carplay. Also the HUD carplay text got updated a bit? I dropped my car off yesterday morning and didn't get it back for 24-26 hours.

I also took my girlfriend's 2.0 in at the same time, and apparently this recall doesn't apply. A different recall for passenger seatbelt retractor did apply to only hers, but there's no fix yet, which I didn't know about.
It's like the seat belt recall applies to more cars since that's likely a shared component across all Supra trims. It's definitely on my 2021 3.0 - and indeed there's no fix yet - waiting on parts. It's also just the passenger....they ride at their own risk lol!

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Dropped my car off an hour ago. They were nice enough to get me into a loaner (massive 4 runner but I guess it guzzles gas just as much lol), and called me an hour later to tell me the Supra Tech cannot access the database to get to the software update for the car. So he's gotta call tech support. LOL.
UPDATE
My SA just called me (after hours for them) and let me know the Tech's computer had various updates it had to download and install and a new file came through that was 10GB...and I'm assuming the dealership has basic internet. So it took them hours to get it and they're going to run it now so my car will be ready by 8am tomorrow. I'm guessing they'll just set and and let it run overnight lol.
Hope my screens don't burn in!...kidding not kidding. :oops::rolleyes:
Sponsored