NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
So does this flash update stop my Supra connect, and all my personal settings.
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Made a appointment for this software update this Friday I will let everyone know how it goes. I have a 2021 so my ECU is locked anyway?

wheeliedub

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Iā€™m going to sit and wait this one out. I donā€™t trust anyone right now outside of my tuner when it comes to ECU/DMEs.
Right. And I just recently got my wireless CarPlay back too.. I, don't want to go through with that mess of a subscription screw up by BMW again..

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm definitely going to do this as soon as Chicago area techs are no longer striking. I'm already locked, it's peace of mind for me, and if what all the tuners I know are saying, it will require another bench unlock when it's finally unlocked again. Little to lose here.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had a quick chat with Toyota support. I knew it was a waste of time to ask but I asked if they could tell me if any of the security was being updated as part of this. They told me they didnā€™t have that technical of information and that the service manager/tech at the dealership should be able to tell me. It took all I could to hold back laughing because those are the same people who took 3 hours to print out my chassis error code. Definitely waiting till I see more people do this before I touch it

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
If the flash actually took 45 minutes that sounds like a hell of a lot they had to recode. I can say one thing for certain, and that's that if this "recall" has to be performed, and it ends up locking everyones ecu's, I will be trading this car something else. I love my Supra and I can't imagine not having my tune on this car. Hell, I'm sitting here right now thinking about purchasing the flex fuel kit so that I can run an E50 tune.

Actually , 45 min is not out of line. For those that went with the Full Screen Apple update, that took about 25 min for the headunit update alone.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So for those that got the recall done, would you try for us double pressing the start button with your foot on the brake to see what happens? :ninja:

I think the goal here is for it to do nothing.. or trigger Siri to say that annoying ā€œuh huh?ā€. :banghead:

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
On FB there's been two posts from people who got the recall done and explain they got full screen car play as a result too. I suspect all of the updates are being pushed right now.
My appointment is Wednesday and will report back - it sounds like there's a few others doing it this week too.

Zedd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
Has anyone in Canada heard anything about this recall? I checked Toyota's site with my VIN and no recalls open on my 2020. Asked my dealer and they know nothing. I'm assuming this affects all cars right?

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Has anyone in Canada heard anything about this recall? I checked Toyota's site with my VIN and no recalls open on my 2020. Asked my dealer and they know nothing. I'm assuming this affects all cars right?
Check again at https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/owners/recalls? My VIN now pulls up a "Safety Recall RC0 (XC0) - Interim Notice - Certain 2020-2021MY GR Supra - Vacuum Pump ECU Reprogramming" notice there, but it didn't the last time I checked.

According to https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?rn=2021527, the recall in Canada wasn't issued until today. The recall says 952 cars are affected, which sounds like all of them.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, apparently only for dumb Americans that douchly need to get out of their work parking garage faster than everyone else as of now. Japan has not issued a recall either from what I read a few days ago.
Sponsored