Sponsored

ethanc

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Happy to say that the update was performed successfully and all is well. Took them less than 2 hours. I brought up the horror stories to my service advisor and she said that there are some Toyota dealerships without Supra certified master techs, and the messed up updates could be due to them performing it. Not sure if this is actually the case or not, but seems plausible.

TimWinn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Has anyone done the power brake ECU recall service at a Sacramento area dealer? Which one would you recommend?

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
Sorry if this is completely unrelated. Did the recall today everything seems to be fine and I just mainly lost my bimmercode coded stuff but re-coded it no big deal, now my question is for the active noise section, deactivated was already enabled, but with a check does this mean its enabled or disabled. Sorry for such a dumb question but I did this coding like 2 years ago and found it odd that it would still be deactivated after the recall. Also, in sport it seems to be louder than usual thats why I think it still might be enabled. Thanks in advance.

Geauxtigers17

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Post your results after the tune...would love to see what AMS can do with basic bolts on and tune. I'm in Northern Lake County and am planning to take my car there whenever they finally figure out how to unlock my locked '21 ECU.
Post your results after the tune...would love to see what AMS can do with basic bolts on and tune. I'm in Northern Lake County and am planning to take my car there whenever they finally figure out how to unlock my locked '21 ECU.
I almost forgot.

Attachments

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
My Supra is at the dealership today for the recall. They said it was their second one and the first one took 2-3 hours, so they gave me a service loaner. It's a Highlander. It certainly does not accelerate, corner, or brake like a Supra.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
My Supra is at the dealership today for the recall. They said it was their second one and the first one took 2-3 hours, so they gave me a service loaner. It's a Highlander. It certainly does not accelerate, corner, or brake like a Supra.
Wouldn't you be surprised if it did. ?

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
Wouldn't you be surprised if it did. ?
Really surprised! But the good news is that I'm at Costco picking up a 75inch TV. It definitely wouldn't have fit in the Supra.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Really surprised! But the good news is that I'm at Costco picking up a 75inch TV. It definitely wouldn't have fit in the Supra.
Not with that attitude.

anon2k2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 ed. Supra
Got my Supra back after the computer reflash. Pretty smooth, changes that I see are full-screen CarPlay, and a huge red banner on the backup camera view that says "BACK" as if that wasn't evident. All my radio station presets got wiped out, but my bluetooth settings did not. And I now remember how annoying the fake engine noises are. I need to redo all those Bimmercode changes ASAP.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Had mine done today in about 2 to 3 hours. Steering feels lighter in sport mode tho - I'm not ruling out that just being a mental issue tho :oops:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
Got my Supra back after the computer reflash. Pretty smooth, changes that I see are full-screen CarPlay, and a huge red banner on the backup camera view that says "BACK" as if that wasn't evident. All my radio station presets got wiped out, but my bluetooth settings did not. And I now remember how annoying the fake engine noises are. I need to redo all those Bimmercode changes ASAP.
hahahhaaa. I thought it sounded great when I got mine back....................for around 5 minutes. Then I was like, "where is my damn OBD bluetooth dongle so I can code that crap out again.

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 3.0 MT
Got mine done yesterday. Everything went fine except maybe it’s in my head, but the steering feels loose compared to before.
Has anyone else noticed that?
Nope, my steering feels lighter and looser.

I really hope I get used to it, it's kind of bumming me out with how it feels to drive now :confused:

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
They had my car for about 2.5 hours. No they do not have to drive it, it sits in the bay (hopefully with a battery tender connected) and the update gets installed. I didn't see where they connected to my car but I would imagine it's the OBD2 port.

My dealership actually introduced me to the only technician that's qualified to work on the MKV so that put my mind at ease. I waited at the dealership, I had my Nintendo Switch so I was good haha.

Only "issue" I had was to be expected; my tune was erased and my ECU was locked. I sent my ECU out yesterday to get bench unlocked so I should have it back before the weekend and I can reinstall my tune!
Were you able to retune your Supra after updated?
Sponsored