Not vs. but... who is coming from S2000 World?

Did you own S2000?

• Total voters

Zoopra

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, TRD Pro Taco
Owned an ap1. Many cars in between the ap1 and a90. The a90 is the only car that’s brought me the same driving pleasure that the ap1 did. I loved that car and would still love to own a clean apex blue cr some day.
Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I also still own my 2005 S2000 in Suzuka Blue. Its my main track car that i take to autocross mostly and its currently getting setup for the track.

Just picked up my A91 and its been amazing so far. I like how low you sit in the car and it reminds me of the S2k. Love having both cars!

Cousindeagle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
92 NSX
Sold the S2000 and snagged an NSX. Miss it but the Supra keeping me entertained

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had a black on black 2001 S2K for eight years. I loved the car and would own another if low milage cars were not so pricey. That is why I ended up with a 2020 Supra. It brought me back to the S2K as soon as I sat in it.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Just curious but why own two same vehicles?
Well they aren't the same though, one is black and one is red. I got the red one at 3400 miles, and saw a black 2004 at 5000 miles for a good price so I got it too... The black one will stay stock and the red one is actually faster than my Supra on JB4 map 3.

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra
Well they aren't the same though, one is black and one is red. I got the red one at 3400 miles, and saw a black 2004 at 5000 miles for a good price so I got it too... The black one will stay stock and the red one is actually faster than my Supra on JB4 map 3.
I see. Makes sense.

Pinrut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Clarity Hybrid, 2020 Supra Premium Nocturnal
I very nearly bought another s2k before getting the supra, but it's an old car at this point. It seems like I'm chasing the memory of my 06' s2k constantly when I'm driving the Supra, but the Supra is too soft.

The s2k was like a go kart that loved being driven hard, and really rewarded you for slow hands and learning exactly where its very high limits were. Much more focused and communicative than the Supra is.

I'm really hoping coilovers will make the Supra more focused and deliberate. Also really hoping the car will be as reliable as the s2k was...

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I very nearly bought another s2k before getting the supra, but it's an old car at this point. It seems like I'm chasing the memory of my 06' s2k constantly when I'm driving the Supra, but the Supra is too soft.

The s2k was like a go kart that loved being driven hard, and really rewarded you for slow hands and learning exactly where its very high limits were. Much more focused and communicative than the Supra is.

I'm really hoping coilovers will make the Supra more focused and deliberate. Also really hoping the car will be as reliable as the s2k was...

Honestly the Supra will never be like the S2k, Owning both is really nice and honestly i highly recommend trying to jump back into one before prices spiral out of control. You can always insure as a second collectors car under Hagerty for a very low annual rate. I pay 470$ a year for full coverage and the full agreed upon value of the car is 25k. I bought it for 20k 2 years ago.

You'll never find another experience like it. Sure it's an old car, but its so woorth it if you can afford it.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
See quite a few owners of S2000 and Supra from VA, military people?

Bought my A90 before I got my S2000. Both completely different cars to drive, can't really compare them. I have taken the cars for some spirited driving to Angeles Crest Highway but have not tracked either car yet. Both cars get tons of attention when I take them out, like being a celebrity when someone looks at you from every direction. If I had to choose between the 2 cars, I think the S2000 is more rewarding to drive. Like the saying, "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow".

Attachments

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I came from a 2003 s2000. Had it for a few years and sold it with 30k miles last fall. I miss my s2000 it’s just a different but good driving experience and 9k redline of the AP1. I feel like the Supra is the big brother to the s2000 in a lot of ways. Modern tech and more power. Just wish there was a removable top on the Supra
Sponsored

Attachments