OEM Audio+ High Resolution Audio Amp and Subwoofer

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
That sounds great, but how would that work for someone in another state? Did they have an idea of the changes that need to be made and a way to update them remotely, or was driving to their facility the only option? I’m about 6’1” and I’m worried I may have similar issues, but there’s no way I’m driving to CA to have it fixed if that’s the case.
Sandy is a great guy and he supplied the software to me that's needed to adjust the entire system.
Sponsored

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
Want to bump this thread as I'm considering pulling the trigger on this.... for the people that have bought this system, what are your initial thoughts a few months later? Totally worth the $2500 plus wait time? Any opinions will be appreciated thanks :)

boosting1bar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra, R8, RSQ8
Also just to add a little info here, I'm keen to get this as well but I have a speaker that is rattling in my passenger door. I was going to replace all the speakers with the bavsound setup (minus the subs) but that sort of seemed to negate the tuning in this setup. Reached out to them and asked and they are tuning a car now with the bavsound speakers and will have that tune available soon!

Last edited:

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
Also just to add a little info here, I'm keen to get this as well but I have a speaker that is rattling in my passenger door. I was going to replace them with the bavsound set up but that sort of seemed to negate the tuning in this set up. Reached out to them and asked and they are tuning a car now with the bavsound speakers and will have that tune available soon!
I'm considering buying the whole bavsound setup (speakers and new subs) I'm just worried because that system doesn't replace the amp and apparently that's whats lacking but 2500 for an amp is a little pricey.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Want to bump this thread as I'm considering pulling the trigger on this.... for the people that have bought this system, what are your initial thoughts a few months later? Totally worth the $2500 plus wait time? Any opinions will be appreciated thanks :)
I purchased the system and very pleased. I have also replaced the door speakers and deaden the door panels which greatly increased low end, midrange and high end. Deaden the doors reduced the road noise and can only hear my HKS exhaust under load.

Famo

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
I purchased the system and very pleased. I have also replaced the door speakers and deaden the door panels which greatly increased low end, midrange and high end. Deaden the doors reduced the road noise and can only hear my HKS exhaust under load.
I’m debating on buying the system & then doing the bavsound speakers, but apparently they might be coming out with this system with tuning for those speakers. So not sure if I should wait or pull the trigger. It looks like regardless of what I do I’ll have to wait anyways for the amp to come back into stock.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m debating on buying the system & then doing the bavsound speakers, but apparently they might be coming out with this system with tuning for those speakers. So not sure if I should wait or pull the trigger. It looks like regardless of what I do I’ll have to wait anyways for the amp to come back into stock.
Should be worth the wait

Blupra90

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91
Hi everyone! I literally just installed this system in my A91 GR Supra 2 weeks ago, and it's got it's ups and downs. First off, it says 30-Day Lead-in but I ordered mine 12/31/2021 and didn't receive it until 4/12/2022. So it's more like a 100-day Lead-in, haha. Here is my actual review I left on Google before running out of space, haha. Also when I listen to audio, everything is flat leveled meaning no boost at all in the EQ (Bass or Treble). Hopefully this helps some, but BEWARE of NEW RATTLES!!!!

OEM Audio + GR Supra Evolution Series Review

Maybe I did have too high of expectations for this audio system, but sadly my experiences with the Evolution series in my 2021 GR Supra have been an extreme headache. I like to be 100% honest in my reviews as a way to help future people decide if this is the right product for them, and that is my only intention with this review. A lot of the questions I had before buying this product couldn't really be assessed or answered, and when I did ask a question before purchase, they assured me they would be able to take care of any issues I had. Sadly, they were not able to help me with one of the biggest issue I am having with this audio system. The Rattles.

Before I get into the issues I am having, let's talk about the pros! First and foremost, this is an incredible audio quality upgrade as every instrument and sound comes to life in the mix. With the added feature of 64-bit processing through DSP, the clarity is very much enhanced in a lot of the sounds. The volume levels go about 50% higher of what the stock system can do and I really don't ever see myself going past 85% where in my stock system I had to push the volume up to 95% on the freeways. The amplifier helps a great deal as I felt the power of the stock system is very much a let-down on a car like this one. Also, the subwoofer enclosure provided with this Evolution series is built cosmetically well, and it looks very appealing matching the curves of the car's interior. These are probably some of the best vocals I have heard in a car audio system to that which levels with professional headphone quality. The highs get a little drowned out against the midrange a lot of the time, and if I'm going to get specific here, it's between 250 hz - 5 kHz, that this system remains killer the entire way through. The DJ side of me wants the hi-hats to be a little more 'crisp' but I can live with the improvement this provides. The sub-bass has been opened up a great deal, and where I felt there was a 'low-shelf' filter pulling the bass back, I now feel this 'shelving filter' has been lifted so that the lowest bass levels match the consistency and quality of the rest of the music.

Side Note for Bass: Yes, the bass can be felt a great deal now, but only when the volume levels are pushed to about 40% or higher. Drum & Bass music come to their fullness in each track and the clarity can be heard for every instrument. That being said, sadly this system does NOT provide chest pumping kicks that more powerful subs provide. This is my only big complaint with the quality of this system as I do like my chest hitting kick drums when desired. This cannot be achieved with this system, but you'll get close! For those of you that go to festivals or concerts, this won't come close.

Ok, now let's talk cons. The sad part of the review. I think the biggest complaint a lot of people like me will notice, is the rattles. Whatever this enclosure box is made of, it moves A LOT with the bass which causes the box to hit certain panels of the car creating the worst tapping sound I have ever heard. I had to stick two pieces of foam between the enclosure and car panel and this helped! Well, it helped for 2 days. After that, the foam was smashed in do to constant bass which led to the rattles coming back. Besides this area, the trunk lid rattles like crazy, as well as the back plastic panel behind the license plate. This subwoofer upgrade has opened up sooooooo many rattles that it just distracts me from my music. If I turn the volume down below 60%, the rattles disappear, but I don't want to listen to my music at quiet levels! That's not why I bought this system! The biggest reason this upsets me is because when you are outside of the car, it sounds TERRIBLE. It's like a rattle machine and to me this is an embarrassing moment I like to avoid at stoplights. Another review I read said they had no rattles, well I'm quite jealous whatever system they put in their GR Supra.

Another side note is that they actually disable the Rear Speakers meaning the 'Surround' Option is completely disabled on the GR Supra after install. The back 2 subwoofers also get disconnected but they make this obvious on their site but I was NOT aware until after install that the Rear Speakers would be gone. That's ok though, as I understand a lot of us GR Supra owners believe the sound system sounds better with it off anyways. All in all, I am somewhat disappointed with the audio system, but for the price range I do believe the worth is present. It's a $2,500 system that sounds like a $4,000 system. That's the best way to describe it. It's definitely not Focal Utopia worthy or even Elite but I do believe it matches the Focal Access quality.

Final Score: 7/10

Gothy666

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
I had been considering going this route for a while, but I'm going to just do a full system overhaul instead. $2500 is just too steep when you can have a much more powerful system for just a little over their asking price of $2500. I understand the tuning aspect and the time that goes into it, but still, $2500 for tuning, a tiny sub and an amp is a joke.

Blupra90

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91
You are making a smart choice. I literally regret this install and I am now also choosing to replace their system with a full overhaul. I was on the fence from the beginning, and after actually using the OEM Audio Plus system for well over a month now, I find it mediocre at best.

I’d say Focal Elite is much better, but Focal Utopia is best. OEM audio plus doesn’t even compare to the Elite level. Maaaaayyybbee it compares more to the Focal Access quality but even their subs sound fuller than what this provides. I envy your fresh start, haha.

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
You are making a smart choice. I literally regret this install and I am now also choosing to replace their system with a full overhaul. I was on the fence from the beginning, and after actually using the OEM Audio Plus system for well over a month now, I find it mediocre at best.

I’d say Focal Elite is much better, but Focal Utopia is best. OEM audio plus doesn’t even compare to the Elite level. Maaaaayyybbee it compares more to the Focal Access quality but even their subs sound fuller than what this provides. I envy your fresh start, haha.
Did you ever uninstall the OEM+? Would you sell it?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

I would only recommend the Elite and Utopia if you have a proper installer/tuner, like super high end/experienced and willing to put in the time to TUNE it properly. Unlike my installer who spent the time on fabrication and install vs tuning. So I had to learn to tune my self and I'd say I've only scratched the surface of tuning, there is soo much to it.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I had been considering going this route for a while, but I'm going to just do a full system overhaul instead. $2500 is just too steep when you can have a much more powerful system for just a little over their asking price of $2500. I understand the tuning aspect and the time that goes into it, but still, $2500 for tuning, a tiny sub and an amp is a joke.
I would recommend putting together an equipment list and get an install quote, before making a choice. $2500 may have worked back in the day on a simple analog signal car but we have a digital MOST25 system which a proper adapter alone is $600.

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Does anyone have a picture of the cars wire harness that plugs into the factory amp? I need to know what pins go to what speakers.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Does anyone have a picture of the cars wire harness that plugs into the factory amp? I need to know what pins go to what speakers.
Why are you spamming the same question across multiple thread.
Sponsored