Supra Audio Amp, ASD Amp, and System Diagram

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Im starting from scratch and building new doors to hold 6.5
I took the Factory amp all the way out and used the Fiber Optic output into a Audison Bit DMI. That Audison is programmed for the car and takes the unprocessed signal and then i am feeding that in the Audison Bit Virtuoso for processing. For now Im only running doors 6.5 and a tweet all active crossovers and one 12inch sub in hatch. I have one of the Best shops in St Louis doing most of this work, JML Audio. I and making a Video Series for my Youtube if you want to follow along.
My Stereo build in the supra
Should be a very nice sounding system. I did something similar in a previous car with Focal amp, Mosconi DSP, and Audiofrog speakers/subs. How much is this setup running you? I almost bit the bullet on a similar Audison setup on my previous car...always wanted to audition their stuff.
Sponsored

Jason In2details

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Yellow
Should be a very nice sounding system. I did something similar in a previous car with Focal amp, Mosconi DSP, and Audiofrog speakers/subs. How much is this setup running you? I almost bit the bullet on a similar Audison setup on my previous car...always wanted to audition their stuff.
Equipment at retail hit $6000 and all the custom work could double $. This will be about the best you can put in any car both show and go. I really enjoy tunes and this is not my first major build.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Equipment at retail hit $6000 and all the custom work could double $. This will be about the best you can put in any car both show and go. I really enjoy tunes and this is not my first major build.
Wow... should sound fantastic! I think for myself I'll deal with a much less complete (and less expensive) solution. At ~$12K all-in that's a bit more than half-way to just buying a pair of Salon 2's for my living room... where it's more acoustically neutral, and far more enjoyable to listen to music than my car. ;)

But kudos to you for going all the way on this. :thumbsup:

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
Im starting from scratch and building new doors to hold 6.5
I took the Factory amp all the way out and used the Fiber Optic output into a Audison Bit DMI. That Audison is programmed for the car and takes the unprocessed signal and then i am feeding that in the Audison Bit Virtuoso for processing. For now Im only running doors 6.5 and a tweet all active crossovers and one 12inch sub in hatch. I have one of the Best shops in St Louis doing most of this work, JML Audio. I and making a Video Series for my Youtube if you want to follow along.
My Stereo build in the supra
Hi Jason,

I watched your build on your youtube. I am amazed cant wait to see the project unfold. Please can you advice the Audison Bit DMI does the connector from the OEM premium amplifier just plug directly into the Audison DMI unit? So I can simply remove this amp and place a Audison DMI and from there into a DSP/amplifier that takes a Fibre optic input?

Also anyone know what male socket can mate with the female speaker connectors so I dont have to cut into the wiring loom?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
The following wiring loom carries all the speaker wires. (See area marked with red circle)
I have to test the polarity of each to identify which colors are positive & Neg.
Would you mind sharing your speaker wire results?

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
@tadda, do we know the factory amp size or the overall area in there to possibly fit an aftermarket amp?

OP
OP
tadda

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

CourtsideDon

First Name
Donish
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91-CF
Has anyone been successful installing a signal processor for the mid/high speakers? I believe the budget route would be to install a signal processor for the mid/high speakers and adding polyfil or foam to the subwoofer enclosure. Iā€™ if there was a s signal processor that could plug into the factory amp as intercept that would be great.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Has anyone been successful installing a signal processor for the mid/high speakers? I believe the budget route would be to install a signal processor for the mid/high speakers and adding polyfil or foam to the subwoofer enclosure. Iā€™ if there was a s signal processor that could plug into the factory amp as intercept that would be great.
Yes, you install a LOC post amp which sends signal to your processor.
Adding any processor will require an amp to re-power the speakers you proccess. At this point the oemaudio+ system is a better option unless you wanted to do the tuning yourself.

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
anyone have a photo of the harness that plugs into the amp on the JBL system? I need to know what pins go to what speaker.

JerseyMKV3.0

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Sorry to revive this, just wondering if anyone has made a more detailed diagram. with pinouts and wire colour coding and polarity? Purchased a bavsound Amp and am trying to get it to work.
Sponsored