Supra Audio Amp, ASD Amp, and System Diagram

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
Does anyone know what other model BMW's currently use this same amp?
Sponsored

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
The following wiring loom carries all the speaker wires. (See area marked with red circle)
I have to test the polarity of each to identify which colors are positive & Neg.

Cut the entire Loom in that spot and connect in the DSP.

The DSP will only receive the front and rear (Sub) signals for summing.

Looks pretty simple. I may install the amplifier first with keeping the existing speakers in place and retune the system to see what it sounds like.

I am installing a 5 channel amplifier so the I will be forgoing the center channel

4inch in the doors + tweeters - high pass
4inch midbass woofers behind each seat (no tweeters) - Bandpass setup

Single 12inch in the center where existing 8 inch woofers currently are placed. I will completely remove the entire Subwoofer and carpeted cover and redo the entire section. In measuring the area it will only sit about 3 inches higher than current setup and cutting into about 1 inch of trunk space. Close to OEM.

Attachments

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Here is the answer I got on the Technic PNP harness:

If this is your OEM amp...

1610399056331.png

... then you may want to take a look at the BMW Top HiFi(688) products:

Please enter 3-Series (F3x/F8x) -> Top HiFi(688) at the main page of www.TechnicPnP.com for the complete selection of products to integrate aftermarket amps and speakers to your particular OEM sound system. No other OEM system integration product on any other page works in your car.

Please check each product description for your particular OEM sound system in detail for more information.
Regards
Technic PnP”

Note: it doesn’t appear that my email was read completely. If anyone can tell if our amp connection matches the one in the photo (or not), it would be one additional piece of information.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
That's what I've been trying do to as well, with not much luck yet.
They look almost identical except for the blue plastic connector. I wonder if it’s just the photo?
89CA9AFC-3E71-417F-815F-5059194D47DF.png
CBCA18B0-E42D-40B5-9F1A-E147B33D7041.png

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I FINALLY got some great info today from Doug at MSC-America (US distributor for Audiotec Fischer) regarding a plug and play (ish) amp solution after showing him this link. I'll post a screenshot of the email below:

@tadda Looks like they've already done some configurations like you suggested prior with keeping the stock woofers for mid-bass and adding an additional sub. But they probably haven't done your improvement mods yet. ;)

WA1e4p1.png

Pretty pricey combo for what it is, but I've heard nothing but good things about this amp so far. Also $600 for the Helix digital signal converter is a pretty hard pill to swallow, but I'm not sure if anything else exists that will integrate as easily. I could be wrong of course, so if anyone knows any other options for a similar device, please post it.

@H2O_Doc Nice finds, but I'm still a bit confused on which harness on that site will allow the signal via TOSLINK to the Match UP 7BMW amp.

DC_A90

First Name
Dickson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra White, 2018 Nismo Sentra White, 2010 Nissan GTR Titanium Silver (Past), 2012 BMW M3 Supercharged Blue (Past), 2008 BMW 135i Black (Past),

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
While not cheap, I'd gladly drop $1500-2000 if the difference was significant and the options down the road were plentiful. That said, if it was even more, but I could easily trade my doors for ones with 6.5's and no useless pockets that don't hold anything anyway... then the budget could easily be increased. Unfortunately, I'm not confident enough in my own fabrication abilities - nor know of a shop I would trust to be a "guinea pig".

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on the reply you got, we should be able to get something like this https://mobridge.us/product/da1-digital-pre-amp-most/ and tie in a traditional 5/6 channel amp if I wanted to retain the stock speakers?
Theoretically yes, that is what this device should do, although you may want to confirm compatibility by directing them to this thread first. What is the price? Their site doesn't seem to list prices at all.

While not cheap, I'd gladly drop $1500-2000 if the difference was significant and the options down the road were plentiful. That said, if it was even more, but I could easily trade my doors for ones with 6.5's and no useless pockets that don't hold anything anyway... then the budget could easily be increased. Unfortunately, I'm not confident enough in my own fabrication abilities - nor know of a shop I would trust to be a "guinea pig".
https://www.kingpincaraudio.com/

Assuming you're in LV, these guys won many top awards for 2020 in the mobile/car audio industry. I'm sure they could fabricate anything you requested of them as winning these awards are generally pretty difficult and respected in the field.

https://meindustryawards.com/2019-winners-2/

DC_A90

First Name
Dickson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra White, 2018 Nismo Sentra White, 2010 Nissan GTR Titanium Silver (Past), 2012 BMW M3 Supercharged Blue (Past), 2008 BMW 135i Black (Past),
@wufujay
I see 3 versions, the one that connects to an amp with Toslink is $499
10 channel RCA output is $599
The one with built in DSP is $699

DC_A90

First Name
Dickson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Theoretically yes, that is what this device should do, although you may want to confirm compatibility by directing them to this thread first. What is the price? Their site doesn't seem to list prices at all.
I was thinking of running a traditional ap is because it looks like you have to have a windows 10 laptop to run the Audio Fischer Match amps, which is something I don't have. But based on the information with the harness, I should be able to get the 688 hifi harness and plug this little guy in.

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was thinking of running a traditional ap is because it looks like you have to have a windows 10 laptop to run the Audio Fischer Match amps, which is something I don't have. But based on the information with the harness, I should be able to get the 688 hifi harness and plug this little guy in.
Sounds good. I may go that route as well even though it's only $100 cheaper. What amp are you going with?

DC_A90

First Name
Dickson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds good. I may go that route as well even though it's only $100 cheaper. What amp are you going with?
To be honest, I have no idea LOL.
I just finished finished installing a pretty basic system with Hertz amp and speakers in my Nismo Sentra from boxing day sales and I'm pretty impressed with the amount I spent (about $1100 usd for 2 amps, 3 sets of speakers and 2 subs)
So I'm just starting to research a bit on the Supra to see what is available and what to change first (like add an amp) to see if it'll make any difference.

Jason In2details

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Yellow
Im starting from scratch and building new doors to hold 6.5
I took the Factory amp all the way out and used the Fiber Optic output into a Audison Bit DMI. That Audison is programmed for the car and takes the unprocessed signal and then i am feeding that in the Audison Bit Virtuoso for processing. For now Im only running doors 6.5 and a tweet all active crossovers and one 12inch sub in hatch. I have one of the Best shops in St Louis doing most of this work, JML Audio. I and making a Video Series for my Youtube if you want to follow along.
My Stereo build in the supra
Sponsored