OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
To everyone wo is suggesting Michelin PS4S and Conti Extreme contact sport - How are these compared to oem tires (Michelin PSS) in terms of perrformance and durability?
Is it same performance, same/improved durability or less grippy but more durable?

Would love to know more details.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
They're a significant step up in grip at roughly the same tread wear. In the 300s. I'm in the mid-500s WHP and I don't wheel slip anymore on Conti ECS. I can't speak for PS4S, but I understand they're a similar tire.

There are some nice videos on YouTube of the Conti ECS comfortably handling 700HP+ Corvettes.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Let us know what you decide!

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I'm running PS4S right now on stock wheels and they are great, but I'll probably go with the Conti ECS on new wheels for similar reasons. I'd count on the Conti's not holding quite as well at the limit possibly (but still similar)... but with a 340 rating (vs 300), I'd also expect them to last a bit longer.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
To everyone wo is suggesting Michelin PS4S and Conti Extreme contact sport - How are these compared to oem tires (Michelin PSS) in terms of perrformance and durability?
Is it same performance, same/improved durability or less grippy but more durable?

Would love to know more details.
Just buy the star marked PS4S and be done with it.
You can thank me later;)

Compared to PSS:
Better grip both in wet and dry, cornering, braking and acceleration.
Better comfort
About the same tread life
Better looking side wall

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just buy the star marked PS4S and be done with it.
You can thank me later;)

Compared to PSS:
Better grip both in wet and dry, cornering, braking and acceleration.
Better comfort
About the same tread life
Better looking side wall
Good points for street tires. Tire rack has a good review section where you can find all the different criteria your looking for in a tire. And sort by price. You’ll be amazed what you can find that check which boxes you’re looking for.

419BE635-87EE-41B5-8BA7-BD04BE54CD58.jpeg

Example of a set of 4 all under $1000 bucks.

Last edited:

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
This car eats rear tires :(

Mehster

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra, 2009 Jeep Wrangler
I picked up some Continental Extremecontact DWS 06 Plus all seasons a few months back and I'm very happy with them. I know most are looking for summer only tires, but I use my Supra in winter'ish conditions occasionally and didn't feel like messing with swapping as it would be a huge PITA to get a second set up to the shop twice a year. One thing I really miss about my FR-S is being able to load my seasonal tires in the trunk... can't do that with the Supra haha.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
So another point I just thought of - I was planning to replace just the rear axle as my fronts have a lot of life. But I found out that the Michelin PS4S are not run flats whereas the stock tires are. Is that a problem?

is anyone running run flat tires on one axle and non run flat on the others?

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
So another point I just thought of - I was planning to replace just the rear axle as my fronts have a lot of life. But I found out that the Michelin PS4S are not run flats whereas the stock tires are. Is that a problem?

is anyone running run flat tires on one axle and non run flat on the others?
Stock tires are not run flats so you'll be good 👍🏼

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
My gut says no more of a problem than what would exist in running tires of a different product line or manufacturer. However, when I was getting my last set (in the midst of pandemic shortages) I attempted to build such a set at Costco - since the runflat versions were all that was available for the rears. They refused to install them.

Not sure if that's just being extra cautious in an overly-litigious society, or if there is an unknown (to me at least) significant difference in their loading/traction/etc. Wound up finding a full set of PS4S in different sizes (265/35 + 285/35) elsewhere.

OP
OP
eyeye96

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Stock tires are not run flats so you'll be good 👍🏼
Shit, all this while I thought my car has run-flat tires but on some heavy internet searching, I don't see the ZP sign on my tires which indicates run-flat tires for Michelin. 😲

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Conti ExtremeContact Sport
This! I've has Continental Extremes 3x now. 2x on a BRZ, and now on the Supra. At first, I thought they weren't great on the Supra, but now...when I gun it out of a turn (i.e. from a stop light turning right) I do not lose traction. I've been trying to see if it will the last week, and it's not spinning much and often not at all. In other words, I'm impressed and confident they were the right choice, especially for CA. I just moved to WA from CA a year ago. On dry roads they are amazing. Wet they work, but I won't be testing them turns, haha.

Amazing tire, though.

I'm on 9.5" front and 11" in the rear.
Sponsored