Ohlins Road & Track

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Alright guys, I have been getting multiple people asking me if I can make more adapters so that you can run the Verus top hats on the Ohlins. It shouldnt be an issue for me as long as I can find my notes on them. Besides the people who have already sent me a DM, would anyone else be interested in a set? To make it cost worthy, I will probably have to make around 10 sets.
Mega nice of you to do so! My Vorshlag hats are playing well with my Ohlins. But I would have definitely got a set from you if I still had my Verus ones.

How many clicks are you running on yours? I started at 7. Now at 5 and stiff as hell. Feels great!
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Mega nice of you to do so! My Vorshlag hats are playing well with my Ohlins. But I would have definitely got a set from you if I still had my Verus ones.

How many clicks are you running on yours? I started at 7. Now at 5 and stiff as hell. Feels great!
Current setup is 7 in the front, 5 in the rear. Front sway set to full soft and stock rear sway. Car understeers at the limit, which is what I wanted.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Current setup is 7 in the front, 5 in the rear. Front sway set to full soft and stock rear sway. Car understeers at the limit, which is what I wanted.
Which brand front sway? Coz eibach full soft is ~195% stiffer while afe soft is ~140% stiffer than stock (and full stiff on afe is = soft eibach).
I wanna try only front too but scared of understeer.
No aero?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Which brand front sway? Coz eibach full soft is ~195% stiffer while afe soft is ~140% stiffer than stock (and full stiff on afe is = soft eibach).
I wanna try only front too but scared of understeer.
No aero?
Whiteline sway. Full aero (Verus ventis 3 package). Understeer is minimal with my setup. Very close to neutral. Keep in mind, I can adjust the amount of understeer I get with the angle I set the wing to.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Whiteline sway. Full aero (Verus ventis 3 package). Understeer is minimal with my setup. Very close to neutral. Keep in mind, I can adjust the amount of understeer I get with the angle I set the wing to.
So what angle U running at? Standard or high df verus splitter? How much % stiffer is whiteline bar on soft?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
So what angle U running at? Standard or high df verus splitter? How much % stiffer is whiteline bar on soft?
I believe I have it set to 6° right now. Standard splitter. Cant remember off the top of my head what the stiffness is. They dont post it but I figured it out with a bit of math back before I purchased it. Its a 24mm bar but the big difference is that it is solid instead of hollow. Lots of debate which is better but I chose a solid bar for my own reasons.

Chong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 MT
The car is supposed to be the fastest as close to stock height as possible, I would not lower it even 1cm if its possible, but I dunno if it is? I'm planning to use Millway camber plates instead of Vorshl.

At this point I'd either do R&T as a cheaper path or MCS 2-way if U can.
Did you end up installing the Millway plates? And did they fit with no issues?
I'm currently exploring options for camber adjustability and it's currently a tossup between those and the Vorshlag. Haven't seen any other feedback on the forum at all so far, regarding the Millway Camber Plates.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm currently exploring options for camber adjustability and it's currently a tossup between those and the Vorshlag. Haven't seen any other feedback on the forum at all so far, regarding the Millway Camber Plates.
I didnt yet coz I moved coils in time, doing all the cooling first, but if I do then 100% millway (+monoballs and solid subframe mounts, also from them). I saw many ppl on bmw forum using them and they r considered very good quality. Maaybe if cash alows I'll order camber plates alone and pair with stock damper just to get some - on stock setup.

But I am considering Bilstein EVO R too since speed engineering put it on sale, but it lowers the car which will be a problem for me with Verus splitter... But its same price as custom made R&T.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vorschlags are holding up strong for me. I’ll let y‘all know when I break em or anything else related 😜

zerofour

First Name
zero
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Just got Ohlins R+T.. just really trying to get some answers on what did everyone paired it with?
Vorshlag camber? Verus camber plats? or SPL LCA?

My current setup is Eibach lowering springs only. I'm aiming for good handling and a nice ride height where I don't have to go sideways to avoid scraping lol

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just got Ohlins R+T.. just really trying to get some answers on what did everyone paired it with?
Vorshlag camber? Verus camber plats? or SPL LCA?

My current setup is Eibach lowering springs only. I'm aiming for good handling and a nice ride height where I don't have to go sideways to avoid scraping lol
I got the Ohlins due to rubbing while tracking on my Eibach lowering springs (stupid on my part, I know). After the Ohlins, you can:

1) contact Sean (Evolotion) for a fix for the Verus camber plates to play with the Ohlins
2) use your current top hats with the Ohlins and be done with it - recommend that route if your tires aren’t too big and not tracking
3) get Vorschlag camber plates that are made to go with the Ohlins - that’s what I have for tracking

I also got SPL LCA for further camber adjustments. I can tilt the wheel out from the bottom with those and the from the top with the Vorschlag plates. Doesn’t sound like you’d need that. Again if not tracking or going really wide (tires) up front.

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
I'm curious. what's everyone's reasoning for going Ohlins for chasing a track focused setup if there's options like the Clubsports, Hipermax x, etc.. I chose O R/T's specifically for the use of oem top hats for a more street focused setup.. Maybe i'm missing something..

Last edited:

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
I'm curious. what's everyone's reasoning for going Ohlins for chasing a track focused setup if theirs options like the Clubsports, Hipermax x, etc.. I chose O R/T's specifically for the use of oem top hats for a more street focused setup.. Maybe i'm missing something..
i think you're spot on. ohlins is designed for a street and occasional track day setup.

why choose ohlins over other street/track hybrid coilovers? probably the assumption that ohlins provides better valving and craftsmanship. if you're running your coilovers close to OEM height and assuming the valving was correct given the spring rate, they'll all probably ride pretty well since you won't be engaging the bump stops a lot.

are MCS, JRZ, and Nitron coilovers better? yeah hands down. are they worth double the price of ohlins if you only visit the track 6x a year? probably not.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm curious. what's everyone's reasoning for going Ohlins for chasing a track focused setup if there's options like the Clubsports, Hipermax x, etc.. I chose O R/T's specifically for the use of oem top hats for a more street focused setup.. Maybe i'm missing something..
Less variables to mess with & great bang for the buck. They've surpassed my expectations for a lower price point coilover. Hell, I thought lowering spring would be all I ever needed 😂. So, no absolute right or wrongs. Just what's best for the person using them. I also drive on the street too, 6 months out of the year. So far so good (for me - being they key) 👍

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra