Oil change price

Dmscott77

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr Supra
I was told when I bought mine that oil changes were free as long as itā€™s under warranty. Iā€™ve gotten 3 and never been charged yet

Reactions: max

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I was told when I bought mine that oil changes were free as long as itā€™s under warranty. Iā€™ve gotten 3 and never been charged yet
Yep.....I did pay for the Supra maintenance which has it covered for 100K and all non-wear maintenance is no cost including oil changes....didn't get duped as it was offered and I accepted(could have said no). May be overpriced and I don't doubt that but it's good for as long as I plan on having the car.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
idk why I just don't trust Toyota to do an oil change..... lol
You have every right to not trust them. My son worked as a lot attendant for a local dealership while in high school. He has no certifications to work on Toyota vehicles.

Well he was doing oil changes and tire rotations when they got backed up. And lets just say the stories he told me me just confirms the reasons I donā€™t take my cars to dealerships for service.

-RJM

Last edited:

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You have every right to not trust them. My son worked as a lot attendant for a local dealership while in high school. He has no certifications to work on Toyota vehicles.

Well he was doing oil changes and tire rotations when they got backed up. And lets just say the stories he told me me just confirms the reasons I donā€™t take my cars to dealerships for service.

-RJM
Haha yeah. I worked for Acura service dept for 5 years. That was super fun. We messed up so many peopleā€™s cars. Lol ?

BienLaunchEdition

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2018 Porsche Cayenne
Vehicle Showcase
You can also buy oil (5 quart Mobil 1 0W-20) for around $35 and a (Mobil 1 filter) at $12 or a K&N filter for about $15 at Walmart and take it to Toyota which they will only charge you for the labor. Walmart has the best pricing around on car maintenance parts.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
You can also buy oil (5 quart Mobil 1 0W-20) for around $35 and a (Mobil 1 filter) at $12 or a K&N filter for about $15 at Walmart and take it to Toyota which they will only charge you for the labor. Walmart has the best pricing around on car maintenance parts.
I donā€™t think the Mobil 1 0w20 full syntec is the correct oil for the Supra. But thatā€™s some good oil Bc I I use it for all my other cars!

Dmscott77

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 gr Supra
I must be lucky my dealer must be dumb then. I didnā€™t pay anything extra for a maintenance plan, they just never charged me and when I asked they said oil changes are free for 3 years or 36000 I only have 6000 miles and Iā€™ve got 3 free

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I paid $73 and some change for 6 quarts of Amsoil. I'd recommend changing the oil yourself unless you know a mechanic. I don't trust Toyota to work on the Supra.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I paid $73 and some change for 6 quarts of Amsoil. I'd recommend changing the oil yourself unless you know a mechanic. I don't trust Toyota to work on the Supra.
I believe it should be 7 liters or 7 quarts. 7 liter is 7.39 quarts so it's about 1/2 quarts less.. If you had only put 6 quarts, you are about 1 ~ 1.5 quarts short..
Sponsored